Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
D
D
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
Heck, I'd post a pic of Harley (safe, of course) if I could. You'd be proud.

Jeep,

I wish you could post a picture of Harley as well. I used to think I could get those kinds of pictures telepathically, but my IC explained to me that I just have a dirty mind. Oh well.

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Y'all, my mom is dying. I posted a bit about my ex's reaction in my thread in the newcomers section. Please let me know if I was off base. I just can't type anymore.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
G
G
First, I am very sorry to hear about your mom. I don't think it matters what age, or if we are prepared or not, losing one we love will always be difficult.

What your ex said was just wrong. I am a nurse, when I worked in patient care, it was ICU and Hospice, so you can imagine, I have delivered some bad news. As a nurse, and a human being, it was just wrong, and I am sorry the news was delivered to you like that.

That being said...... why did you reach out to her? You can say it's because she's a nurse, but you could have always reached out to her doctor who is the one who should providing this information.

You were looking for compassion and understanding from this ghost that lingers, hoping she can be there for you as someone who loved and cared. You were looking for sympathy and compassion where it no longer exists.

Here is the hard part breaking the news to you. Your W is a ghost right now. That ghost you see, is a ghost. The person who she once was, who you were looking for a glimpse of, is not there right now. Don't go trying to find her. Don't try to bring her back to life. She'll have to do it on her own, if she does.

I am really sorry about your mom. Put your focus there right now, be there for her, love her, and surround yourself with the ones who truly care and love you and your mom.

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thank you Ginger for the kind words.

Quote:
That being said...... why did you reach out to her? You can say it's because she's a nurse, but you could have always reached out to her doctor who is the one who should providing this information.

It wasn't that I was reaching out to her, but she knew my Mom had been sick and I told her she was taken to the ER. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything. H@ll, maybe it was reaching out in a form. Ugh.

Quote:
You were looking for compassion and understanding from this ghost that lingers, hoping she can be there for you as someone who loved and cared. You were looking for sympathy and compassion where it no longer exists.

Truth. There you go again, a voice of reason in my crazy world.

Quote:
Here is the hard part breaking the news to you. Your W is a ghost right now. That ghost you see, is a ghost. The person who she once was, who you were looking for a glimpse of, is not there right now. Don't go trying to find her. Don't try to bring her back to life. She'll have to do it on her own, if she does.

I know. I learned that the hard way yesterday. I just never thought, even after everything, that she would go to that level. Just never did. But, you're right. As always. And her actions sealed that ghost for me.

Thank you for your help with my crazy, messed up self. It isn't easy. Thank you again. Please continue to stop by.

D
D
First and foremost, I'm so sorry about your mom. That must be terribly painful for you and my prayers are with you as you deal with it.

Second, ditto everything Ginger said because she says stuff far more eloquently than I ever will. LOL

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thank you, Dawn70. Your kind words are more than helpful.

I agree, Ginger has a great way of putting things into words. Most definitely a voice of reason.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
D
Jeep,

I'm sorry about your mom. frown

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thank you, doodler.

Its killing me. Sucking the life right out of me.

job Offline
Jeep,

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I have removed your email info over on Ginger's thread. The Board does not allow us to share any personal information, i.e., email, telephone, etc. info on any of the forums.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks for calling me out, I guess.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard