Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
F
F
JRuss, I think you should seriously consider buying yourself a Toyota Tacoma pickup truck. A real man-truck, know what I mean? Oops, sorry, no, not really I guess, but at least Toyotas are so damn reliable, right? Anyhow, it probably requires some serious research to make sure you get the right one.

Me: 50, MLC/WW 45
Young kids
Nov 2015: BD1
Apr 2016: BD2
Jan 2017: W filed
Feb 2017: D final
D
D
This is a TOS violation

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=boardrules&v=1

Quote:
Welcome to the DivorceBusting.com On-Line Community. By posting here you agree to our terms and conditions and agree to abide by the rules and policies detailed below.

This messageboard community is designed to support, encourage, and educate people about Divorce Busting strategies and techniques to help them improve their relationships and save their marriages.

You agree to not post any messages that are defamatory, harassing, abusive, hateful, threatening, or otherwise offensive. Your posts must be polite and considerate. Do not post names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, or any confidential or private contact information. You agree not to post any copyrighted material, photos, videos, book references, or links to other sites.

Our administrators and moderators are dedicated to assuring that everyone who comes here is treated with courtesy and respect. You may not always agree with our decisions to delete posts or to ban some members. We reserve our right to do so when we feel necessary, with or without explanation. Although it is impossible to review every post, we will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum. You can always hit "NOTIFY" when you see a post or comment that you feel is objectionable. A Moderator will review and edit if necessary.

We reserve the right to delete, edit, move or close any post or thread for any reason at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to change and/or modify these policies at any time. Changes will be posted here, so please check back and review these rules. We may modify or terminate our services from time to time, for any reason, and without notice. By registering, logging in and participating in this community, you acknowledge, accept and agree to these terms.

Last edited by Cadet; 07/18/17 09:54 PM.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
J
JRuss Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I feel a little bit like I'm back in my marriage, not fully understanding what's being said to me, but knowing I should know there's something deeper going on.

Me: 46
W: 44
Married: 17
Together 21
D13; S10
BD: 03.03.15 (Not attracted to you)
Almost 2 years trying, alone, to save marriage
Status now: Divorced (effective 06.13.17)
D
D
This is a TOS violation

Quote:
Welcome to the DivorceBusting.com On-Line Community. By posting here you agree to our terms and conditions and agree to abide by the rules and policies detailed below.

This messageboard community is designed to support, encourage, and educate people about Divorce Busting strategies and techniques to help them improve their relationships and save their marriages.

You agree to not post any messages that are defamatory, harassing, abusive, hateful, threatening, or otherwise offensive. Your posts must be polite and considerate. Do not post names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, or any confidential or private contact information. You agree not to post any copyrighted material, photos, videos, book references, or links to other sites.

Our administrators and moderators are dedicated to assuring that everyone who comes here is treated with courtesy and respect. You may not always agree with our decisions to delete posts or to ban some members. We reserve our right to do so when we feel necessary, with or without explanation. Although it is impossible to review every post, we will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum. You can always hit "NOTIFY" when you see a post or comment that you feel is objectionable. A Moderator will review and edit if necessary.

We reserve the right to delete, edit, move or close any post or thread for any reason at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to change and/or modify these policies at any time. Changes will be posted here, so please check back and review these rules. We may modify or terminate our services from time to time, for any reason, and without notice. By registering, logging in and participating in this community, you acknowledge, accept and agree to these terms.

Last edited by Cadet; 07/18/17 09:55 PM.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
F
F
Originally Posted By: JRuss
I feel a little bit like I'm back in my marriage, not fully understanding what's being said to me, but knowing I should know there's something deeper going on.

Ha ha!

JR, I love you man!!! But I ain't in love with you no more!

Young kids
L
L
JR, how're you doing brother?

This is a TOS violation

Quote:

Last edited by Cadet; 07/18/17 09:57 PM.

Me39
M11 : T13
D9
BD 5/31/16
In House S until 6/21/17
Divorced 10/5/18
F
F
Hope you're doing all right man.

It's weird to be on the other side now (of a divorce).

Young kids
J
JRuss Offline OP
OP Offline
J
FG and lt -- hey guys. Long time no cyber talk. I hope you're both doing well (or at least better). Not a whole lot to report on my situation. Still slowly ticking down the days until she closes on her house (May 19th) and moves out (probably the following week). We'll be formally divorced sometime in early June. We are pretty cordial. Things seem to go best for all parties when I act as though I don't give a $hit, which is even sometimes really the case, so that's what I try to do.

Looking out ahead, I think when she moves out will be very sad. I've known a long time this wasn't going to end any other way, but it still makes my heart hurt thinking about it. I think I'm going to tell her I need to know the day(s) the moving truck will be here, so I can arrange to be elsewhere.

Yesterday, out of the blue, she e-mailed me and said S10, who is struggling at times with the D, would really benefit from a dog, and wouldn't it make a lot of sense if we got one for him, and the dog would just go back and forth with the kids when we do handoffs? I was noncommittal. I think the dog would struggle with that arrangement, wouldn't it? I'm also not sure I am looking for more ways to stay connected to her (recognizing we'll always have the children connecting us). I do think he'd benefit from some sort of animal friend (we lost two adult cats this fall/winter he'd known and loved his whole life), so I'm struggling a bit with where my duty to do what's best for the kids and what's best for me starts/ends.

We'll do Easter this weekend as a family. It will probably be the last holiday the four of us do together. Bittersweet to say the least.

GAL continues to go well. Benched 15 lbs. more than my body weight this week and have kept off all of the weight I lost after BD. Looking and feeling good (most of the time).

I hope you both have a great weekend.

Last edited by Cadet; 07/18/17 09:58 PM.

Me: 46
W: 44
Married: 17
Together 21
D13; S10
BD: 03.03.15 (Not attracted to you)
Almost 2 years trying, alone, to save marriage
Status now: Divorced (effective 06.13.17)
L
L
JR! Good to see you brother. I don't blame you for wanting to be away from the house when she moves. I know I'd have a difficult time with it too. No need to subject yourself to it.

On the dog, I'd probably say no. I think that it adds a layer of complexity to an already highly complex situation. Seems like you'd want to each get your own pets and the kids could see them when they rotate bt you and W. Would also be good companionship for y'all during the off times with the kids. Keep in mind, my W has tried to replace me with a cat (she promised to D last fall) so maybe I'm a bit bitter! smile

I know you brother and I know you do give a sh$t, even if you aren't showing it. This is some tough crap you're going through and you've been doing it longer than most of us. Keep pushing forward and I've no doubt all will be good for you. Hang in there JR!

This is a TOS violation

Quote:

e.

Last edited by Cadet; 07/18/17 09:59 PM.

Me39
D9
BD 5/31/16
In House S until 6/21/17
Divorced 10/5/18
L
L
This is a TOS violation

Quote:

Last edited by Cadet; 07/18/17 09:53 PM.

Me39
D9
BD 5/31/16
In House S until 6/21/17
Divorced 10/5/18
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard