Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
S
SBJ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Previous Thread:

She moved out...now the work begins Part 3

Thanks for the encouragement job...why do I feel like the WH being nervous to go. Is that normal of the LBS?

Merry Christmas!!!

Last edited by job; 12/23/16 01:25 PM. Reason: Added a link to another thread

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
HER DIVORCE IS FINAL...8/18/17
Dropping the rope to SURVIVE & THRIVE!!!
job Offline
Yes, it's very normal to feel nervous. Why? Because our spouses act and say things that aren't "normal" to us. They are different in many ways from the people we knew...so, it's like meeting someone knew for the first time. You don't know what to expect from them.

I wouldn't worry too much about it...go and have fun. Enjoy the time you are there and like I said, if it gets to you, politely excuse yourself and go home or to a coffee shop for a bit. Nothing says you have to stay for a long period of time.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
H
H
How did the party go?

W:42 M:48
T:9 yrs M:1yr
BD: Feb 2016
EA Confirmed: Feb 2016/PA July 2016
D: Feb 2017

B
B
hey there SBJ just popping in to say Merry Christmas and wishing you peace and serenity this season and into the new year. xoxoxoxo {{{{{hugs}}}}}

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
S
SBJ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I prayed on the way over there that there would be peace in the air. She texted me right after I prayed that I needed to hurry because my niece/God Daughter was getting anxious to open gifts...so I sped up. We did gifts and then dinner with a lot of casual conversation.

My BIL & SIL thanked me for coming as they were dreading it without me. The wine and the whisky flowed, but not too much excess.

I know I am not suppose to have any expectations towards her this soon into our situation, but everything went smoothly and I could tell at times that she was looking over in my direction from across the table. At one point maybe two whisky's in when I caught her looking I winked at her and then looked away. I'm not a player by any means, but I was proud at myself for that. It was all I could do to not grab her and haul her outside for some private time.

Anyway I was home by 10 o'clock strumming on the guitar. Trying to learn. Favorite new tune is "Learned Alot" by Amos Lee...great for us standers I think...either that or it's really depressing. Haha!

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
job Offline
I am so glad that everything went well. I hope you enjoyed yourself! Your wife was checking you out and remembering the past holidays. Sounds like she may have been enjoying herself as well. Maybe she had some clarity and will come to realize what she's missing out on. Time will tell.

I think you did a great job of keeping yourself in check and not grabbing her and taking her outside. The wink is something she'll remember and smile about.

Keep up the good work. You will learn that song...practice makes perfect! Enjoy the holidays!

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
S
SBJ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
So I get a call from the W about two things...1. Her moms Christmas party is tonight and she was making sure I was still coming and 2. Telling me that my two youngest wanted to wake up at my house (i.e. There house) Christmas morning to do Santa, so she was making sure it was ok with me...duh. I assumed since it was her week that I would be going over there Christmas morning. She asked if she could come too...is it too forward to ask her to stay the night? (I think know the answer to that one, so no 2x4's needed....maybe only if she asks).

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all of you awesomely fine people.

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
job Offline
Sounds like she's having some clarity and the holiday season is getting to her. If she asks to spend the night, that's okay...but be sure you use protection. You don't know what she's been up to out there in the wilderness call MLC land.

Merry Christmas. Sounds like your Christmas will be nice and special w/your family there. Keep those expectations at zero and just enjoy yourself for the moment.

S
SBJ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks job...the MIL's party went well. She and the step-FIL were very grateful that I went. Also received warm welcomes from the 2 sets of BIL/SIL's that were there.

The W came by the house afterwards with all of the gifts she had purchased. We decided on a time for the morning and she started to leave. She hugged all three kids and hugged me and kissed cheeks. Seemed labored leaving, but she did. It was all I could do not asking her to stay. She has to want to do it and I am not going to beg.

God's will be done.

She just texted saying she'd see us at 9am...I'm praying that God talks to her tonight.

Merry Christmas!!!

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
L
L
Sounds like you had a good night. I am hoping she hears Him talking to her. I too had a good night at the in laws and like you it took everything in me not to talk about our relationship in the way home or grab her hand on the way home like we had a great night and we have all the blessings in the world and why not make this work.

Merry Christmas!

Me:39
WW: 39
Kids: 11,8,4
Married: 15 years
Together 17 years
PA discovered November 2016
Separated living in same house - ended 1/2017
Separated, kids in house, taking turns staying in house
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard