Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#2720495 12/11/16 07:08 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Here is my new thread. The previous thread can be found here:

Five Years Ago Today

So, I had my night with the lady friend last night. I think it went pretty well.

Here it goes:

I was going to meet her at her place at about 4:00.

At 2:00 she texted me and told me that her car was fixed and if I wanted to come over early and have some cheeseball and snacks, I could. So I headed over there.

We chatted and snacked until about 4:30 and then headed to the light festival.

We arrived around 5:00 and went through a bunch of antiques shops, enjoyed the lights and had decent conversation. Although, I'll admit the conversation wasn't great just because of the crowd. We walked passed a German restaurant and she suggested that we could eat there if I wanted because as a kid, I lived in Germany for three years. We decided not too though because it was too crowded.

We left about 8:00 and decided to head to the Chinese restaurant that we had decided on. On the way, she wanted to know if we were close to where I used to live. I said yes and she asked if she could see it. I showed her the tiny townhouse where I lived cramped with all of my boys after the divorce. I showed her where my boys are living now as well. She then asked if she could see the house that we lived in before the divorce. I wasn't crazy about it, but what the hell. After that we headed to the restaurant and had a nice dinner. We were there for quite a while just eating and enjoying each others conversation. In the car on the way back to her place, we talked some more and she talked some about her EX. (The one that really hurt her.) I told her that it seems like she has been hurt a lot....not just by him but by others. She agreed.

We got back to her place at about 10:30 and had a beer and more conversation. She pulled two cookies out of her refrigerator and offered me one. Mmmmm....cookies and BEER! Haha! She then proceeded to tell me why she only gives "fist bumps" at work: Because she doesn't want anybody "to think anything." After that, she says: "With that being said, I'd like to give you a hug." So we both stood up and she gave me a really nice hug.

After more conversation, It was getting late and I didn't want to over-stay my welcome. It was midnight. She told me that I didn't have to go and that it was still fairly early (compared to our Wednesday night get-togethers.) So, I stayed and we talked some more. She asked if I wanted to watch a holiday movie from her DVD collection. We watched one of the Charlie Brown made for tv Christmas shows.

We talked a little more and at about 1:45, I decided it was time to go. We had more chit chat as I was leaving and then she greets me with another hug. I won't lie, I wanted to give her a little kiss, but I was good.

After I left, I sent her a little text thanking her for a wonderful day and letting her know that I appreciate her time. She responded with a thank you as well and said she had a great time.

It was basically a 12-hour "non" date. I did have fun and she texted me today telling me that she can't wait until next time. I told her to let me know when.

So, with the exception of XW, I've never been on a date. If this WAS a date, did I do okay?

Tad

Currently:
M 56 XW 57
Sons 38,33,31,29

The Sitch:
Married 26 years
EA w/ OM 9/10
Bomb 10/10 (5 weeks after 25th anniversary)
Sep 12/10
She wants D 1/11
W files 5/11
D final 10/11
XW marries OM 6/13
B
B
You did GREAT! ... not sure if it was a date or not. xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
A
A
Tad,
From a female POV, I think you did great. Keep on keeping on being cool guy... smile

me 42 H 32
T 7yr
M 6yr
BD 5/2016 ILYBNILWY
Separated 7/2016
G
G
1. That was a date
2. You did great, and I wish the men I date would take lessons from you!

Sounds like you both had such a fantastic time. She didn't want you to go!

job Offline
Tad,

What a wonderful night out w/your lady friend. It went very well and I think you both had a good time. Very well done, Tad!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
E
E
Did you do ok?? You did great!!!! smile
You treated her with respect. You followed her lead without taking advantage. You were both N_A_T_U_R_A_L!! No fake, no expectation. She engaged the work and outside work kind of relationship you have. Hummm ????
Best of all, you both had a wonderful time..

Keep going with the flow.. I definitely think you two have something very special..

C
C
Tad

Kudos man .... you have come so far since I have read your posts when I first got here.

Very well done ... you played it cool and calm ... and there is a "I can't wait till next time" that she threw out there .... nicely done!

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

D
D
Hi Tad, seems to me you got on well. Don't push her, but one day soon she'll open up to you, like a book, Slowly, Slowly.

Love

Delboy

G
G
Hi Tad,

I was just catching up and I have missed out on a bunch of updates. Congratulations on becoming a grandfather! That is so exciting and I know that you will enjoy that.

You do seem to be doing well. I'm happy to hear you are enjoying your lady friend. It's nice to have someone to talk to and enjoy.

In regards to feeling old, I hear you. But look at it this way, the average life expectancy continues to increase. So if you live to be 85, 49 will seem very young. Trust me:)

Enjoy these days.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
T
OP Offline
T
Hi everyone. I just wanted to give a quick update.

Thank you all for the very nice words.

Lady Friend and I were supposed to hang out on the 23rd. I had to cancel it though as my dad has been really sick. (He's had heart problems since the 90's.) I spent the day with him. I'm glad she was understanding. We don't have anything planned at the moment, but we will see what happens.

I'm still dealing with the age thing. I feel as if I have "peaked." Just being honest.

I spent Christmas Eve with 3 of my boys. It was very nice. It was the best holiday I've had since XW went nuts.

I don't do much as far as "getting out." I do hang at Lady Friend's house on work nights and do enjoy my photography at the park and my Eagle cams that I watch.

My son got a zoo membership for me for Christmas. Can't wait to go and take pictures.

So, that's the update. Not much happening, but I'm still here...

Tad

Currently:
M 56 XW 57
Sons 38,33,31,29

The Sitch:
Married 26 years
EA w/ OM 9/10
Bomb 10/10 (5 weeks after 25th anniversary)
Sep 12/10
She wants D 1/11
W files 5/11
D final 10/11
XW marries OM 6/13
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard