A
Altair Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi all, my third thread
(I'll try to post links here)

Previous Thread:

That's me in the corner

Basically I'm in NC-land. GALing one day at a time. Focusing on trying to be positive, and get through the holidays in one piece, maybe even have a bit of fun. I'm a bit calmer now, my roller coaster has turned into a more benign, kiddie one at present. I think I've gained a lot of strength; I'll be able to handle what life throws my way. Today was exciting for me. Believe it or not, those of you who have put up with my divinely banal writing on this site, I can be very funny in person. (On this site; however, A.P. puts me to shame with stick jokes)
It's why H said he fell for me in the first place. It really is my saving grace.
Today, I think really since I started this job, I was just killing it in a meeting. Totally cracking up everyone. I felt alive (finally) and the meeting leader was like, (Altair) she's got this, listen to her, she knows this.
I felt so great and it was wonderful to see the room of laughing folk.
I used to be more sarcastic years ago but my humor now is warm and encouraging, inclusive (I hope). Anyway today I felt like myself. I have no idea if H will reappear, or what happens next in this M. One of the last conversations we had was along the lines of, 'There's a chance for us to work this out, I love being with you, for one, you're one of the funniest people I've ever met' (bear with me, again, I've been Eyeore cubed on this site)
Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled DB programming. Uh, I'm alone, in my apartment, eating jelly beans in bed...

Last edited by job; 11/30/16 05:52 AM. Reason: Added the link to the previous thread

me 42 H 32
T 7yr
M 6yr
BD 5/2016 ILYBNILWY
Separated 7/2016
A
A
Altair! Being a huge fan of A.A. Milne (and the Ernest Shepard illustrations) Eyeore is my spirit animal although WOL is a close second (bonus points if you catch the LOL)

People like us can command a room and I'm glad that you found that again in yourself.

Just wrapping you up in a big hug right now.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
A
Altair Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Eeyore (oops on typo!)
Yes A.P. got the LOL on the WOL.

me 42 H 32
T 7yr
M 6yr
BD 5/2016 ILYBNILWY
Separated 7/2016
A
Altair Offline OP
OP Offline
A
AP I guess someone could put a sign over my apartment and it would say 'BLS' and I wouldn't know any better (or TRAIL-A or RAT ALI or AT LAIR)

humor?

me 42 H 32
T 7yr
M 6yr
BD 5/2016 ILYBNILWY
Separated 7/2016
C
C
Ha, you two make me smile!

Altair, I'm so glad that old Altair is starting to shine through. I too am a little bit if a joker, always the life and soul of the party even if it isn't mine. However since BD that Coly has been supressed but now she is slowly coming through...

Your H obviously recognises and remembers what attracted him to you and maybe (mind reading) he is staying away because he was afraid he was bringing you down.

I love Piglet....

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

Don't leave me behind can't you see me I'm shining... (Years & Years - 'Shine')
A
Altair Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi all,
Journaling.
Met with IC today. One thing I brought up was the one down several to go conundrum.
One down: thanksgiving. To go: H bday. Christmas. New Years. Anniversary.
Thats a lot for me, so i need lots of strength to get through. powering through...

me 42 H 32
T 7yr
M 6yr
BD 5/2016 ILYBNILWY
Separated 7/2016
A
A
Altair - You can do this. You are a strong person already and we are all here for you to lean on. If we lean on each other we can hold up the world.

(((((Altair)))))

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
A
Altair Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi A.P., thanks for the support. Already December 3, I've been so busy time is really flying by-- a good thing to keep busy. I can't believe how many social events I've been invited to! I've been in my new place a little over a year, and I feel like I've made a nice group of friends and co-workers. A party last night, a party tonight (and two invites I had to turn down) and at least two more holiday party invites coming up. This isn't my style at all but I know it is good for me to get out of my comfort zone. Last night was fun-- I was with a group of Europeans and some Americans. Our host had a ton of games I'd never seen. We played some really fun/silly word game which was extra fun due to all the non native speakers in the mix. Drank some german holiday drink-- can't recall the name-- will have to look it up. Saw a wreath today at the market, still can't pull the trigger!

me 42 H 32
T 7yr
M 6yr
BD 5/2016 ILYBNILWY
Separated 7/2016
C
C
Wow Altair, that's great that you're social calendar is filling up already! I know what you mean about getting out of your comfort zone but if we can do this now imagine how much stronger we will be this time next year!

Go out and buy that wreath! Don't even think about it or over analyse it. I personally don't have a choice in the matter. D would litterally have a fit if I didn't decorate but to be honest with you even if I didn't have D I would be compelled to put a few bits up here and there.

You can do this Altar!

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

C
C
By the way was the German drink gluhwein? It's a bit like mulled wine...

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard