Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
job Offline
RL,
I'm sorry your Georgia birthday was called because of the rain, but there is always another birthday that will roll around. As for the heat and humidity, I don't find it to be much different than what we have in my area. Georgia is a beautiful state w/lots of history and visiting there never gets old.

You must have been traveling through the northern part of MD. Our trees in the southern area are just now starting to change. We lost quite a few do to very dry weather this year. The sugar maples are just now turning the beautiful gold/red colors for the fall. The other trees are still green and will be that way a while longer unless we get a hard frost.

Enjoy your time at the winery...but most of all...enjoy spending time w/Ginger. Life is far too short not to stop and smell the roses along the way.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
G
G
I'm also sorry your GA birthday was cancelled. Mother nature can be a biotch. I say your fella should take you on a weekend getaway to somewhere warm, but not humid. Tell him I said so:)

I am soooooo happy your sort of day shift finally came through! You have most certainly earned it and paid your dues. Always with nurses, shift ends at one time, you get out like 2 hours later. Stupid charting.

I CANNOT wait to see you. I am looking forward to that weekend like it's a holiday.

J
J
Sorry about the cancellation of your Georgia birthday.

The inappropriate comments I was giggling over was about Agnetha's (she's the blonde?) way of walking in the MV.

I do agree that we can still stand tall, even if the background of the song is a bummer.

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
E
E
Quote:
I say your fella should take you on a weekend getaway to somewhere warm, but not humid. Tell him I said so:)

Linda - tell him I said soo too!

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
It's 80 here right now and no humidity... and we're supposed to stay this way through Halloween. Even then, our indefinite forecast is in the 70s! What leaves are still on trees are gorgeous and just had to throw it out there for consideration! cool

BTW, my D22 went to an apple orchard with her BF a few weeks ago and had a lovely time. They have a winery at the orchard, and she had a double good time!

Have a good weekend-
Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
M
M
Originally Posted By: RosaLinda
Ugh ugh ugh. I have not been on here in weeks, but figured since I was here for Jack3Beans' tribute, I'd check in on my thread and check up on some friends. And noticed Jksd's note about giggling over the inappropriate comments on "The Winner Takes It All" on youtube. So naturally I had to go read them too.

I was SO friggin upset to learn that song was written by the lead singer Agnetha's ex husband, and that it was released AFTER they broke up. How heart breaking. He sounds like a typical MLC a$$hole, writing how the winner (his new GF) takes it all. I hope to God that Agnetha took the song to mean what we do, that we, the DBers formerly known as LBS, á la Prince, are the winners, and the OP and the cheater are the losers. That woman sure could have used some DBing. I hope she's well and happy without the cad grrrr.

Well my Georgia birthday weekend was called on account of rain. And wind. And tidal surges. My baby sister turns 60 next June, and says she'd like us to use the tickets then, as a birthday bash for herself LOL. I'm not sure my fella will want to go, as he is NOT fond of heat and humidity. Sort of puts a nix on moving down there, sigh LOL

What's up with you all? I have good news - I have been working three night shifts in the ER every 2-week pay period since graduating from lawschool in 2005, and just changed this week to semi-days, 10am to 10pm, instead of 8pm to 8am. Except that yesterday was my first shift, and I did not get out of there until 1230am LOL. But getting home at 1 am was better than getting home at 9 am! I'm grateful!

The trees are really getting gorgeous here now. Job, I was so surprised that yours trees were starting to turn when we drove down to North Carolina a month ago. I love this time of year. We're going to a winery with Ginger in 2 weeks, the place is fabulous and also has an apple orchard. They charge you an arm and leg to do all the picking work yourself, but the apples are fresh and delicious!

I'd love to have you all over for a cup of coffee and some homemade apple pie and ice cream! Wouldn't that be fun!!

Haven't read the rest of this thread yet but this made me laugh. This song was one of my karaoke for 1 songs that I used to sing when the sh was hitting the fan. I always loved being overly sappy to the point that I make myself laugh and this song was the perfect song to make that happen. I would change the words around occasionally but getting sucked into this ridiculousness helped me to not get caught up in the sorrow of what was happening. When leaders and song writers of a singing group punish their exes by making them sing the lyrics they wrote about the break up I find it hilariously narcissistic.

"I Saw Her Again Last Night" by the mama's and the papas is another one.

40s 2teens M14Y
BD-10/12/13 rec-1/14
BD2-5/14 rec2-9/14
EA disc-10/14 4/15-BD 3 and triangulation ensues
Served with D6/15 MS forced to leave7/15
D agreement signed 8/16 final 5/17
M
M
The part of the song that annoys me the most that I would always change the words to is
I apologize if it makes you feel bad
seeing me so tense
with no self confidence

The way she sings it annoys me. She should have made it sarcastic.

40s 2teens M14Y
BD-10/12/13 rec-1/14
BD2-5/14 rec2-9/14
EA disc-10/14 4/15-BD 3 and triangulation ensues
Served with D6/15 MS forced to leave7/15
D agreement signed 8/16 final 5/17
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: mustardseed
The way she sings it annoys me. She should have made it sarcastic.

Yeah, I agree, but also remember feeling so broken like that. I always wished I could be snarky and sarcastic to my now ex, but was so afraid I would ruin our chances of reconciling. It sounds SO stupid now, but URWorthy's words of wisdom (He Does Not Want To Be Married To You Anymore) took a LONG time to finally sink into my head LOL

So are you up for Vanilla's NY City bash MustardSeed? I'm hoping to get in on Sunday for lunch, and maybe drag along our friend Ginger and the most adorable little girl in the world (please don't tell my granddaughter I said that but it's true). I was doubly hoping Vanilla planned to come out to your house, as it's way closer to me than the city.

Originally Posted By: UnderDog
It's 80 here right now and no humidity... and we're supposed to stay this way through Halloween. Even then our indefinite forecast is in the 70s! What leaves are still on trees are gorgeous and just had to throw it out there for consideration!

Nice to hear from you Betsey! I miss our volleyball extravaganzas frown I asked someone who used to live in Colorado about your weather, and was assured that it is the most fabulous place in the world to live 300 days out of the year, but for the other 2 months - look out LOL Well we'll be out your way for his college reunion this time next year, and I am looking forward to seeing you and V (both Vs if possible!). How is your tooth feeling?

Originally Posted By: ericmsant2
Originally Posted By: Ginger
I say your fella should take you on a weekend getaway to somewhere warm, but not humid. Tell him I said so smile

Linda - tell him I said soo too!

Please tell him a couple of times yourselves this weekend smile Thank you LOL

Linda

Me 65, Ex 64
M 38 y
2 adult S, 4 G-Kids
MLC 11/07
BD 12/09
D 3/14
Dating nice guy 7/14
Engaged to nice guy 12/17
Page 2 of 2 1 2