Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
D
My heart really goes out to you, mvg. I was in a VERY similar situation with my XH. He decided he wanted a divorce and he pushed for it, claiming there was no OW the entire time and then he wanted me to tell our families that our divorce was mutual. I told him the best I could do for him was to just not say anything but that I would not openly lay and say it was mutual when I didn't want it.

Then, I found out about OW. He moved in with her two weeks after our divorce was final. When I questioned the timing, he admitted they had had a date several weeks prior to our divorce, but that was all he admitted to. Because of the circumstances, it was quite clear that this had been a much longer on-going relationship than one date a few weeks prior to our D.

Through all of that, I never said a word, but people started putting 2 and 2 together when 2 weeks after our D was final, he packed his stuff and moved 1600 miles away from his hometown, his family and the only home he'd ever known to live with her. He had lied to everyone then tried to blame ME for everyone thinking he'd been cheating all along. Through all of these times, I said NOTHING, which is exactly what I told him I would do. I had stressed that I would not lie for him but that I would not say anything either, so I just said nothing.

Funny thing is, people are aware of what goes on and they see things. You can't say one thing and do the opposite and expect that people are going to not see through you. My XH still doesn't seem to get that. And, it would appear from your original question that your XW doesn't get it either, but it is simple "actions speak louder than words".

Long story short, my advice is to just try to not say anything. If you say anything, it will come back worse than what you said. And, if you don't say anything, she's still going to blame and accuse you of saying something, but at least you can be confident in knowing that you did NOT say anything. Take the high road.

Good luck and hang in there, knowing you are not alone. smile

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
A
A
It's funny. I'm way farther back up the path from you as there is no D and as far as I can tell OM is a tightly held secret both by W and myself. For me I'm holding it quiet because of some very good advice that I got from eric to "protect my marriage and my family" not to protect my W.

When W moved out and we had perhaps one of the very few R talks we ever had in almost 3 decades of marriage she was absolutely floored when I told her that if she left me and our family that I would no longer "protect" her or her secrets. Halloween is yesterday but it's almost like they expected us to obey their zombie wishes forever.

I agree with the other posters about it not being your problem any more, nor your secret to protect and to quote a typical 6 year-old "you're not the boss of me". That doesn't mean you have to spread it around, just that you don't need to lie or conceal. Be sparse with the truth but the truth will indeed set you free.

It's petty that she's going to punish the boys and I really don't understand that. Just make sure that they know that you love them dearly and that "this too shall pass".

Good luck.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
M
mvg Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hey everyone,

Hope you all are doing well and happy holidays! It's been a while since I posted, it's been full on "dad-ing" over here.

It's been two years, almost to the day since my first post..time flies. One of my later concerns was about the truth coming out. Coming out to friends, family, the kids, etc. Well since BD, I've made a very concerted effort to not say anything to oeople in town, other parents, etc about XW or the D. In a very small, very social town, that's been quite a challenge. Having XW and OM show up to town for various activities, wearing a certain face is very hard.

Well, it took two years but the truth has finally come out.

There was a party in town about 10 days ago and all of the "moms" were in one room. Parents of school aged kids know what I mean when I say "the moms." Well it turns out my name came up and one of the moms commented how great it was that my XW and I have such a great relationship despite her "meeting another man the week after our D and falling in love at first sight with this new guy."

Well....another mom who knows the real truth (not from me thankfully) overhead the story and set the record straight.

XW has been lying to all of these women for two years. They were appalled at what actually went down in addition to being lied to for two years straight. I know it may sound petty, but the truth coming out feels so good. It feels good bc the other parents in town know that I will always put my kids first and it also feels good bc I didn't have to say a single thing.

The high road is bumpy as h@ll and is full of roadblocks and potholes...but I promise it has an ending. And there's a new car waiting for you at the end.

Keep your heads up,
mvg

Last edited by job; 12/28/16 12:45 PM. Reason: Merged threads
job Offline
Please stick to one thread until you've reached 100 postings. I have merged two of your recent threads so that others can follow your situation.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
M
mvg Offline OP
OP Offline
M
No problem, I have 103 currently? Thanks!

-mvg

As of December 2023
Me: 45 XW: 43
S13 S10
ILYBINILWY: 11/14/2014
OM: 11/14/2014
D process: 12/14/2014
D final: 04/2015
A
A
Hi mvg,
sorry to hear of all the suckitude you're dealing with. Question: is the OM from your town too? Sounds like you have a home turf advantage-- don't not go to events because of them! Your buddies are right.
Just saying- If I knew you and XW, and you just got divorced and she's marrying another guy just like that, that's a huge HMMMMM. Sounds like she is angry because duh, people are doing the math and learning the truth. And yes she will blame you, but don't worry about it.
I do think especially right now in her anger phase (isn't she engaged? isn't she supposed to be happy?) she may try to punish the kids to get to you. I would say listen to what everyone said, don't let her disrespect you, the kids might take some heat for a bit, but eventually she will learn that treating you this way will get her nowhere. break the cycle!

me 42 H 32
T 7yr
M 6yr
BD 5/2016 ILYBNILWY
Separated 7/2016
M
mvg Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hey Altair,

No, OM isn't from my town, but a bunch of parents know him from high school.

It's getting very hard for me and the boys over here. My kids are tired all of the time, they have stomach aches, etc. They barely eat anything before school on her mornings, have no energy, are sad and upset all of the time...it's breaking my heart and I'm at the end of my rope.

I got a call from S3 school that he's starting to say things that they noted. He's saying he's a "bad boy" and wondering if he's "going to get punished." He's saying "Jesus Christ" all of the time now in anger and saying that 'mommy says it.'

How does XW and OM respond to helping the kids? They bought them a dog, laptops and tablets. I'm sick to my stomach for them. They are exhausted, mentally and physically, are reaching out for attention and love and I'm only there 50% of the time to give it to them. I feel like I'm going crazy

As of December 2023
S13 S10
K
kml Offline
K
Quote:
He's saying he's a "bad boy" and wondering if he's "going to get punished."

Why not ask the school to call Child Protective Services to do an investigation to see if he's being abused in your ex's home? It might at least put them on alert that they have to watch themselves. Do you know anything about whether OM has any relevant history of being abusive to anyone?

M
mvg Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I don't think OM is the problem regarding any modified behavior in the kids. Their mother (again, according to two therapists) isn't mentally fit. She continues to not feed them enough (both boys speak to me about being hungry and about mom not giving them enough to eat) they continue to go to bed too late and have to wake up very early to get to school on time (she lives 20-25 minutes away)

This, on top of their mother's suspected NPD is too much for little one's to handle. She is very critical of them and has been since they were born. Her and OM lost a pregnancy (unplanned) and now that their wedding is being planned, that house is a pressure cooker just waiting to explode. Not that my home is perfect, but I know I can provide a stable, secure, loving and nurturing environment.

I allow XW to spend time in my home with them on Wednesdays (she picks up from school and hangs with them at my home until I get home from work...it's about 2 hours) When I get home, S6 is playing video games, my house looks like bomb exploded, kids are crazy, hungry, etc. She walks out the second I get in the door, often to a very upset S3.

Both schools have spoken to me about emotional well being of kids. They are going to evaluate both and get back to me with a plan of action.

As of December 2023
S13 S10
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard