Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
C
Coly23 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks Pinn! I'm going to try and get my D to do the 10k with me. She did run it with me previously when she was about 13, she did really well!

I'm looking forward to the yoga albeit a little apprehensive as I don't really know what to expect! eek

Hope all is good with you?

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

Don't leave me behind can't you see me I'm shining... (Years & Years - 'Shine')
S
S
Coly,

Thanks for the cake - oddly don't feel very full?!

Yes I did see that TED Talk (Didn't know about the link posting - thanks for that Job), rather amazing stuff. PP posted and amazing post on my thread the other day. I still can't find time to respond to it - there is so much to consider in it. That's my fault though - working late and I am just logging off (11.10pm in the UK).

Well, all seems well with the world and I am glad you are happy. I will try and read some more of your recent updates over tomorrow. I need to know if it was Sue Ellen.....

I wouldn't worry about the 10k. Just consider it a nice walk with a bit of running thrown in for fun! Now the yoga....that's likely to be a different matter.

Surfer.

M46/W40/D8/S6/T20/M12/Separated 6/2016,W takes kids
Issues2009
Wpartying w/g.f's2013on
EA2013PAdeniedWleavesMBR
ImeetAP/EAhalts
VariousBDDates
MFCourse
WSpew
EAresumes I halt
Wrages
DBIng4/2016

A
A
Ok, so the Ted talk. PP is like DB extraordinaire master. Like next level DBing. Anyway I looked into those darkness retreats- and this AWESOME looking yoga (they have darkness too) retreat came up in google search in mexico, super cheap.
I want to go in December for a long time.
Do a PP lite. I might be able to escape for 2 weeks in Dec, maybe i should do a yoga retreat-- screen free!

me 42 H 32
T 7yr
M 6yr
BD 5/2016 ILYBNILWY
Separated 7/2016
C
Coly23 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hey Altair! I like the idea if a yoga retreat I think you should definitely look into that. Not sure about the darkness thing though, seems a bit torturous rather than relaxing!

The idea of going away at Christmas really appeals to me. If I was on my own I would definitely do that. Even now I would love to just get away for a couple of weeks to remove myself from the sitch.

So far I've tried to put Christmas out of my mind as much as I can but I know I've got to face it at some point. Usually by now my family and friends are asking what I'm doing or extending invitations but I think mostly everyone is skirting around it.

It's my D's birthday a few days before Christmas so I've really got to pull myself up by the bootstraps and make her birthday and Christmas a good one. Because she is an only child I am reluctant to go away as she always likes other children around which is understandable. Thinking cap on!

I definitely think you should book it Altair. It will be something to look forward to and focus on for the next couple of months....

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

C
Coly23 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hey Surfer, virtual cake means virtual calories! They are the best kind!

Do you know, I can't remember who shot JR, was it Swellin (as we used to call her)!

I'll check your thread out for PP's post. I started reading his thread, there's a lot to get through! I've nearly finished the thread of a poster caked Edz, Sotto will remember him. If you have time check him out.

Happy Wednedsay!!!

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

C
Coly23 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Sorry came in the brain! I meant called Edz!

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

S
S
Ha ha. This is true, virtually.

Thanks for the pointers on threads. Altair is right. Hard core stuff but his note is worth a read. Particularly about the two islands.

Swellin. Excellent. Not heard that before. At least it wasn't the Poisoned Dwarf (Lucy Stewing).

Surfer.

M46/W40/D8/S6/T20/M12/Separated 6/2016,W takes kids
Issues2009
Wpartying w/g.f's2013on
EA2013PAdeniedWleavesMBR
ImeetAP/EAhalts
VariousBDDates
MFCourse
WSpew
EAresumes I halt
Wrages
DBIng4/2016

C
Coly23 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Swellin and Lucy Stewin - brilliant! We used to also have the late great Whitney Pukeston and Mariah Scary!!

Soooo, just got back from my very first yoga class. I'm a little annoyed that I had to pay extra even though I am a member of the gym and my membership includes all classes. Anyway, I thought I had walked into the wrong class. Not one lady under the age of 55 and the lady taking the class couldn't have been less than 80. I think she was as confused as i was when I walked in and didn't hesitate to ask me if I realised that it was a very gentle, low impact class!

All in all it was a very relaxing class although I wasn't sure about the hmmmmng and chanting at the end. Also at one point we had to lie down on our backs and just breath with our eyes shut. Apart from realising that I am a very lazy breather it reminded me of nap time at my Nan's when we were young especially when the little old lady in the class placed a blanket over me so I didn't get cold! It brought back memories of how much I hated nap time and still do hate the idea of napping!

oh well, I'll give it another go next week. I thought some of the stretches were really useful.

Not much else going on today. How is everyone else doing?

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

A
A
Originally Posted By: Coly23
It brought back memories of how much I hated nap time and still do hate the idea of napping!
Coly! Well! There's your problem right there. Naps are for me one of the most wonderful things ever possible. Stealing off during the day to cuddle under a big pile of blankets is heavenly. Even though we disagree on something so very fundamental I hope we can still be DB friends.

I used to have a very bad case of sleep apnea (a lot better now at 20 kilos lighter but still there). Before I was diagnosed I would often have a nap for an hour or so on the weekends. Even though I don't need them as much any more I still treasure them as do S22/D24.

I'm happy you got out to the yoga class - it sounds healthy. I'm glad you're taking care of yourself GF.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
C
Coly23 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hey Andrew, we won't let a little nap disagreement get in the way of our DB friendship!! I'm terrible at that sort of thing and I think it comes from being nosey! Having a nap means I might be missing out on something!

I am glad I did the yoga class. It is a 180 for me as I am a high impact exercise sort of person but I think I need to start slowing my thoughts down and i feel yoga will help me to do this. Hopefully it will help me sleep better as well.

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard