Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
C
Coly23 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Evening All! Thanks so much for all your comments in my new thread and Job thank you for posting the link to my old one!

Andrew & Altair, we can post stuff on our own and each other's threads and if there is anything significant occurring in our sitches then off course we should post about it! Let's not have too many rules just fun!! If anyone else wants to join in you are welcome!

Job, Sotto - I was hoping that leaving clothes behind might mean H is undecided about moving out completely but I guess as you say some don't want those clothes anymore as they are a link to the past... I would be surprised as he has left some very nice suits in his wardrobe!

Esame, thanks for stopping by. I love that you are going to get your kids bunnies! I loved our bunny she was a real character. Probably the nosiest bunny in the world! Anything we got new she had to come over to have a look and investigate!

Feyth, I think your right about starting small. Like Altair, I'm not sure if I could manage a marathon but I might try for a 10k next year. I did do one a few years ago but it would be good to have another go and see if I can beat my time!

Blu, I like what you said about having hope but no expectations. I'm beginning to see that this is what causes me spiral with disappointment. The NC is the best way for me to prevent this happening. I think the hope will always be with me but for now I need to push it to one side of my heart and move forward with my life.

So GAL activities. I went to the gym straight after work and ran 3k, did some weights and sit ups. I've also booked in for yoga tomorrow night at my gym. It will be my first time and I'm really looking forward to it. An old work friend texted me tonight to arrange to meet up in November (she is very busy and has a baby so has to book things well in advance). I was going to see some friends at the weekend but they have had to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances eek I'll probably go to the gym again at the weekend and plant some spring bulbs that need to be planted asap!

How is everyone else doing?

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

Don't leave me behind can't you see me I'm shining... (Years & Years - 'Shine')
C
Coly23 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Oh forgot to say Altair, I watched the TED talk! Very powerful. It made me cry...

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

A
A
Originally Posted By: Coly23
Feyth, I think your right about starting small. Like Altair, I'm not sure if I could manage a marathon but I might try for a 10k next year. I did do one a few years ago but it would be good to have another go and see if I can beat my time!
I did 9 1/4K last Sunday - not quite a 10K. Mind you it took me 2hrs 40min but I got some nice pictures laugh After-all it doesn't matter does it how fast you finish a marathon - it matters that you finished.

Originally Posted By: Coly23
Blu, I like what you said about having hope but no expectations. I'm beginning to see that this is what causes me spiral with disappointment. The NC is the best way for me to prevent this happening. I think the hope will always be with me but for now I need to push it to one side of my heart and move forward with my life.
Coly23 - You might want to check out material on the Stockdale Paradox again for some inspiration. Expect that you WILL finish this marathon and that you will be better for it. Neither you, nor I nor Altair nor many others know where the finish line is or what it looks like because we aren't there yet.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
C
Coly23 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Well done on the hike Andrew and as you say all that matters is that you finished!

I have heard of the Stockdale paradox. Is it about prisoners having expectations of when the hoped to be freed? The ones who had hope of being released by a certain date didn't do to well?

By the way the title for my thread is just to say that my steps gonna forward at the moment are only small ones (dolly steps). No giant leaps for me as yet!

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

S
S
Hi Coly,

You have moved! I have been catching up on your thread. I am glued to it but have to dash to do some work.

What was the TED Talk you watched? I have been reading for the last 20 mins looking out for a link in your thread.

I hope you are well and happy.

BTW - I had a shock moment (like in the reveal on who shot JR). I didn't realise that Job was a lady! Sorry Job, no footer and I never read anything about you, as such, just always giving great advice but not revealing much about you. But I saw a reference to a WH and my jaw hit the floor. LoL. Sorry I hope that's not offensive.

Surfer

M46/W40/D8/S6/T20/M12/Separated 6/2016,W takes kids
Issues2009
Wpartying w/g.f's2013on
EA2013PAdeniedWleavesMBR
ImeetAP/EAhalts
VariousBDDates
MFCourse
WSpew
EAresumes I halt
Wrages
DBIng4/2016

C
Coly23 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hey Surfer, thanks for coming over for a visit! Here have a cup of tea and a slice of cake!

I feel really comfortable over here Surfer. Whether my H is having a mid life crisis I dont know but I think he is having some sort of crisis. As you can see from my recent posts I am going to take the focus of H and put it on myself and my D. Also the fact that I have neither spoken nor seen him for six weeks means I don't have a lot to update on him anyway!

The TED talk is the one that Pigpen did and I can see from his thread that you already visited the daaark roooom!!!

I love your 'who shot JR' moment! Yes Job is a very lovely lady!

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

C
C
what kind of cake are we talking about here?

glad you're putting the focus on you instead of your H. I think we can all do better at this

smile

Me(W): 29 EXW: 30
T: 6 M: 2
SD: 10
BD: 04/2016
PS: 04/2016
W officially "seeing" someone 09/2016
W filed 03/2017
Officially Divorced 11/2017
job Offline
Surfer,

Do a google of Ted Talks you'll locate it very easily One of the policies that we agree to when we post here is not to provide links to other sites...so...do a google search.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
Coly23 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Ahh Cheesy! You are very welcome to join us for a slice of chocolate fudge cake!

We'll get there Cheesy!

Thanks for clarifying re links Job I wouldn't know how to add one even if I wanted to!!

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

P
P
Great GAL coly!! I think a 10k sounds perfect... you got it! I hope you enjoy yoga tomorrow... have fun with it!

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard