Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
H
Hopful Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Wow guys. Thanks for the entertainment. Honestly, I appreciate ALL of you guys advice. Every situation is some different. The way we each act and respond is different even if the situation is the same. I think I'm actually getting to a somewhat better (healthier) place. But I have not and will not give up on my M. I'm setting and sticking with boundaries. But I still have hope. When I said until death do us part, I meant it. Bottom line for me, regardless of what the court may say, I'm still in a sovereign marriage. Maybe that's denial but it's my belief.

M
M
It does get entertaining when some people bring up non-DB points. Could be a troll but I'm not going to say that. LOL.

It will take time to keep the good mood going. Patience is your friend here.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
H
Hopful Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Tonight am celebrating my daughters 16 th birthday. She has a bunch of friends over. I made them a bonfire. Got a cake. They are having a good time. W shows up., 2 hrs after she told D she'd be here. Eats some food I bought for D and friends. Stays ab an hour and leaves. I was nice. She had to start talking a. The divorce. I didn't think this was the appropriate time so I answere her questions but again didn't offer anything new. Her lawyers have requested mediation. My lawyer thinks she wants maintenance. She's gonna crap when she sees I'm asking for child support. Our state is a no fault state EXCEPT in the case of maintenance, where infedility has occurred. Don't know if or how any of this will help me but my lawyer seems good and thinks I'll be ok.

M
M
Just keep enjoying your D's company.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
H
Hopful Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Trying but ( there's the but again) every time she leaves I still get sad. I don't let her know it though.

V
V
Your D leaving is a trigger. There are a couple of more triggers you will find along your journey. A certain song, the holiday, anniversaries, birthdays (your, her, d's), certain special places...

It will get better, for now I recommend you avoid the triggers that you can avoid...

H
Hopful Offline OP
OP Offline
H
W has made several trips to our house when we r gone and taken stuff. Friends r telling me I should change locks on the house. Thoughts?

V
V
Check with a lawyer ASAP before doing anything rash. 1st instinct would be to change the locks, but it could come back and bite you in the ass.

H
Hopful Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Yeah. Lawyer says not to yet but to tell her to stop and make a list of everything she's taken.

H
Hopful Offline OP
OP Offline
H
W just found out I'm asking for child support. She's been texting all morning ab how that's not right. She can't afford bills she has now. I know she needs to help support our D but in a way it's bothering me that it's going to hurt her.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard