Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Doodler, Ginger,Rosalinda, SH and JJB,
Thanks for swinging by.

Narcissistic contractor from hell is still making my life miserable. Sub - standard works and all the blame shifting.

Consumer protection svcks where I am and I will have to wait till everything is done b4 I blow him up on social media....

I can only say what an eye- opening experience. Now I know what a true blue dyed in the wool narcissist look like.

What an idiot I am for ignoring the warning signs on google....

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Heartbroken

G
G
You are not an idiot. Hind sight vision is 20/20. Ignore his blame shifting. Karma will come back around to him, I am sure of it.

Why are you heartbroken? Over the contractor? I hope nothing bigger.

hang in there, love

S
S
Originally Posted By: JksD
Heartbroken
What's up, Grl? We are here for you.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
R
R
Stand tall JksD. You are the winner. Your ex is not worth being broken hearted over. Nor is that crappy contractor. Cut them both free and live your life Grl. Go back to being that Grl on Fire, know that you are free to fly away, leaving them all in flames.

Linda

Me 65, Ex 64
M 38 y
2 adult S, 4 G-Kids
MLC 11/07
BD 12/09
D 3/14
Dating nice guy 7/14
Engaged to nice guy 12/17
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Ginger, Sunny and Rosalinda,
Thank you for the love.

The deed is done. The x has married tpt on Thursday secretively.

I was driving and praying when I suddenly had a very clear impression that they were married.

True enough, they were when I checked the next day.

I couldn't sleep the whole night. On one hand, I know that I had tried the best that I could and I had loved the x very imperfectly in my own way. I could have done better on hindsight but no point crying over split milk.

It wasn't what he needed but I wished that he had done the decent thing by ending our M civilly instead of going through the outbursts. And that he had been more decisive instead of giving us so many false hopes.

I hope I will never have to hear kid wail the way she did when she learnt that they were going to get married. And her utter look of disbelief when she learnt that they were, broke my heart again.

I can see how the dysfuntional dynamics of both sides of the families contributed to the unhappiness and the demise. Even for my own parents.

I don't know if there is going to be another R or M. But I know there are lessons to be learnt.

My heart is broken. So is kid's.

That plus the many problems that I am facing with the renovation and kid.

And every night I am sleepless. When will all these end?

No, it's not an easy road. It's not. But giving up is not an option.

I am still grateful for kid, and the many wonderful DB friends for their online and offline support, who reached out to me despite their own pain and difficulties.

S
S
I'm sorry to hear that Sweetie - that must be hard to learn. Certainly in my own sitch, I expect to hear that kind of news at some point too...

You have a lot going on in terms of renovation and you are understandably feeling stressed - then this news on top of that - and your D's distress too. that's a lot to deal with and do look after yourself as best you can during this difficult phase. When we struggle to sleep, everything feels a challenge too...

Know this my lovey - your renovations will come to an end and you can enjoy your new place. The news of his M will also help to bring further closure I hope. Whilst you will grieve, I hope it will also help you further release and move on.

Do take care and I pray for easier times ahead xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
C
C
Oh honey!! I do wish we were not on opposite sides of the world so I could give you a big hug.

I can't actually believe your contractor, he started off trying to woo you, and now he is a full blown douche.. maybe some little narcissist doesn't like not getting his own way. Boohoo. I would make him a lovely cup of coffee with a little laxatives in there, but don't let him use your bathroom or either of your two sinks! What an absolute idiot!! Make sure you give him the absolute worst review and complain to whatever governing agency you can. Hopefully, he will be done and out of your home soon so you and kid can relax in your new place.

I am so sorry to hear about wh and that puta! This is possibly one of the worst things any of us can hear after the bd. I know this too is probably something I will face too in the future. I can't help but think this isn't going to end well for your wh, seems like a bit of a rushed thing to me (I know that doesn't comfort you). I don't know what else to say really except that my heart goes out to you and your daughter. Keep focussed on you two the best you can. You've been through so much pain already, you are a tough mamacita! I hope you have people around you who can help look after you through this situation.

Much much love and prayers

Me 26 H 25
M 4
T 5
Baby born 4/14
BD: 1/15
EA: 2/15
PA: 4/15
reconciling: 4/15
ILYBINILWY- 11/15
ILY-1/16
ILYBNILWY 4/16
ILY 6/16
ILYBINILWY 6/16
Baby due 3/17
BD 8/16
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks, Cherry.

Something tells me that tpt is pressuring him because she wants respectability and she wants to have a kid to secure her position in the family.

Something too tells me that there may be drama from tpt and her family.

Their circus, their monkeys.

C
C
Exactly. You can't escape karma. Nor can you live comfortably knowing you've married a man who was a married man when you found him. Sooner or later, cracks appear, you realise you can't trust him, and the way you get him, is the way you loose him.

And that is the reality of the ow (sorry angelina but it's true).

And when this day happens, I'll sit sipping tea watching.

Me 26 H 25
M 4
T 5
Baby born 4/14
BD: 1/15
EA: 2/15
PA: 4/15
reconciling: 4/15
ILYBINILWY- 11/15
ILY-1/16
ILYBNILWY 4/16
ILY 6/16