Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
W
Westo Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Today......I have booked a tattoo! I've never liked them but I've decided to have one for me.

I am having it going down the right side of my leg just above my ankle (not big) saying,

Que sera, sera. What ever 2017 throws at me I can look down on if. It will mean the world to me smile

Last edited by job; 01/10/17 09:09 PM. Reason: edited a word for the poster
R
R
Tell me how it goes as I want one but I'm scared of the needles. Hahahaha

W
Westo Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Will do lol!

C
C
Very brave, rather you than me Westo I also hate needles!!

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

Don't leave me behind can't you see me I'm shining... (Years & Years - 'Shine')
S
SBJ Offline
S
This thread would be better with pics...haha!

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
HER DIVORCE IS FINAL...8/18/17
Dropping the rope to SURVIVE & THRIVE!!!
W
Westo Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Yes, it would. I would love to attach a photo of it a week today.

I am so up for this tat.......never thought I would hear myself say this. It's going to represent a new me.

I've lost weight and I now fake tan and work out but that can all go to pot, eventually.

But the tattoo is here to stay and will represent me growing into myself and whatever happens from now on until the day I die, I can look down on it and take strength.

That's what I hope for anyway!

A
A
Westo - I have 3 myself. Small and generally easily covered ones that in some ways mark important phases in my life.

I have one I designed myself based on a nautical knot called the "true love" knot around my right wrist that I got about 4 years ago.

My STBX - who used to hate her sister for her anger, lies and infidelity got a "sisters" tattoo on her ankle about a year and a half ago when they became bestest of friends. She used to swear that she never would get one and that if she did that she would get one based on a sketch that D24 did many years ago. She never did. I found the sketch when I was cleaning out stuff, scanned it and sent it to D24 to keep safe.

I occasionally wonder if I should get my true love knot removed which is expensive, painful and not always successful. I tell myself though that it is a reminder that I can love truly regardless of whether it is my old W or not.

Sorry - a bit of a downer there.

I don't know how much you know about them but a couple of hints. Don't drink or take aspirin before - that thins your blood and can make things messy. The first step is usually an outline which hurts a fair bit. Colour and fill aren't too bad. Deal with it like a bad sunburn - keep it covered and moisturized while it heals. Also remember that these places often charge by the minute so if they ask you if you want to take a break remember that the clock may still be running wink They will use a stencil to mark where they are doing it and make absolutely sure you are happy with the placement etc. Perhaps even get up and see what it looks like at different angles. Once it is on don't turn back.

And the MOST IMPORTANT thing - double check the spelling. It's amazing how many poorly spelled tattoos there are out there.

You'll also find it surprising the number of times that you bump it when you are healing.

Good luck! You'll have some strong memories when you look at it.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
W
Westo Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Oh and there was me going to have a glass of red before going!

Thanks for the tips...I'm having it done at 1pm next Wednesday and the tattooist told me to eat well first and to take a sugary drink with me to keep my glycemic levels up, incase I feel faint.

You're right about the knot, true love can be for anyone.....the kids?

I know it's going to hurt. D has a few and told me the outline hurts more than the filling in, but hey......it will be worth it.

smile

A
A
I have a tattoo-- well did, also had it removed, lol

I will say this (for both events) it REALLY hurts when they start, but your natural opiates kick in pretty soon and it hurts much less and then you experience a sort of high which is part of people getting more, I think.
Agree on the check spelling x100.
I do wish we could see it!

me 42 H 32
T 7yr
M 6yr
BD 5/2016 ILYBNILWY
Separated 7/2016
W
Westo Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Hi Altair,

I have double checked the spelling so I'm sure it's right smile I must say, how nice it is to have something to focus on instead of having H constantly in my head.

Now, as soon as thoughts of H surface I think of this text that will mean so much to me and thoughts of him go, and I smile.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard