Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Just read about Brangelina split. Angelina is a wonderful humanitarian and all but I have always felt sorry for Jennifer Anniston.

Call me evil but I consider this my silver lining for the day.

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
D
D
Originally Posted By: JksD
With my warped sense of humour, I can't help but feel that this is some divine intervention telling me not to touch him with a 10- foot pole. Message received loud and clear.

JksD,

Speaking of divine intervention...

In my lack of wisdom, I started using a few dating apps on my cell phone. As I looked at the pictures, all I could think was that I must be walking through Walmart on a busy Friday night. It wasn't good. Then, this morning, I opened one of the apps and it had found the perfect match for me; my number one match was a pansexual. I didn't even know what a pansexual was. I've taken that as an indicator that I need to uninstall the apps and get back to my GAL activities.

J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I am not laughing at you, doodler. But thanks for the chuckle.

Pansexual would be multi-sexual?

Next to you, my contractor is looking more and more incompetent.

J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Warning:
No rainbow poop nor unicorn farts ahead. Just a very weary rant. Hoping that perhaps the rant could turn into a useful vent.

Contractor from hell has evolved to the next level of evilness.... Communicating with him is such a toxic experience that it just [censored] the life out of me.

How wayward is the contractor? Let me count the ways.

1. He spews.
He spews because despite the terms in his contract that he should provide services and works of good quality and finishing, he is now upset that I am pointing out the areas that need to be touched up or are different from is agreed upon.

2. He has the right to change his mind and schedule all the time but you don't have the right to have a mind of your own. And don't you dare to tell him this fact.

'Why do you need a double sink in the bathroom? You have o many people using your bedroom?'

3. He lies. When confronted with evidence (texts and emails), he spins more lies and tries to gaslight you. In fact, he tries to gaslight everyone around you.

There was no painting done when he said work was done. He lied in text and on the phone that there was. My family (2 of them helped me check) were there and the contractor accused them of lying.

4. Because nothing is his fault. EVERYTHING, and I mean, EVERYTHING is your fault.

It doesn't matter that his 3D drawings show white walls and he asked you if the colours were okay and you said okay.

Him:

How dare you want to change the grey walls to white? So what if there is a patch of white stucco walls in the middle of all these grey walls? Why can't you trust my professionalism?

Don't you know the 3d drawings are only for illustration purposes??? (Someone enlighten me on this. He lost me at hello.)

So, his 3d drawings are not to be trusted? If he shows white walls, I should expect grey??? How do I get this guessing game correct?

And the beauty is that in the very next breath, he blames me for playing the pity game by saying that I trusted his professionalism when it came to the cabling of the air-conditioning in the house.

He needed the installation done so that he could paint the walls. I told him I could not be there and I knew nothing about the wiring of the air-conditioning and asked if he could help coordinate.

He said he could and asked the installers to liaise with me directly. So I went ahead and bought the air-conditioning and gave his number to the installers.

I had the shock of my life when I saw the installation. No wonder he didnt send me any pictures to update. There was an F- shaped trunking on the wall. I guess I was lucky it wasn't followed by a U shaped trunking.

I don't know what the contractor did to piss off the installers but it took me lots of cash and 2 wasted afternoons to get rid of the F shaped trunking.

No. That was not his fault. That was my fault. Even though I wasn't even there.

And even though I had given him the measurement of all my appliances before work started and I had bought anything, he had the gall to tell me that there was a serious issue with my cooking hood because there was a beam obstructing the installation of the chimney hood.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it is definitely my fault that a concrete beam sprouted along my kitchen wall overnight. As a professional contractor, there was no way he could have predicted this phenomenon.

I used to think that one could be a professional even if your personal life was somewhat messy and complicated. Apparently when it cones to this contractor, I am so wrong.

5. He can't wait to get rid of me. Because I am the most unreasonable, dishonest, picky and colour-blind customer he has ever had.

Phew, if I haven't had a trial run in the decimation of my character for the past few years, I would have been devastated by his claims.

And I haven't had spent a decade of my life with him. So there's definitely no problem dropping him like a sack of potatoes on fire.

Signing off wearily,
Girl not so on fire

D
D
JksD,

If you ever need a pansexual contractor, just ring me up.

G
G
I'm so sorry you have to go through this BS. I would fire the a hole. I hope you didn't pay all up front. It seems as if he breached his contract in many ways so you wouldn't be help liable.

I would make that A hole put in 3 sinks and tell him I

It is none of his business who the sinks are for.

Seriously fire him, give him a horrible awful review on whatever online review service is popular where you live and tell him to shove it.

Find a nice cute contractor who is not a narcissist and treats you with respect.

S
SH_ Offline
S
(((((JksD))))

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
R
R
Sheesh Grl, I've heard of people having trouble with a contractor, but never so many things at once. Is this guy licensed? He sounds so incompetent, and arrogant. Deadly combination!

I agree with Ginger, you should complain about him. To what ever body licenses him, and also online, as G suggests.

Did he never hear the adage "the customer is always right"? The customer decides what color she wants her walls painted, whether she wants stucco or not, how many sinks she wants in her bathroom. Those are NOT his decision!

Linda

Me 65, Ex 64
M 38 y
2 adult S, 4 G-Kids
MLC 11/07
BD 12/09
D 3/14
Dating nice guy 7/14
Engaged to nice guy 12/17
J
J
(((JKSD)))

Ugh how frusturating!! I hope there's someone you can report him to. It's hard to find a good contractor. A lot of them do the same here, and you really have to know your stuff. I'm glad your not letting him bully you.

You blamed yourself for a lot of your marital problems. Now you know there really wasn't much you could of done differently. So no guilt or regrets. You had a even younger child at the time and that says a lot about TP and hubby. They deserve each other!

Just hang in there. We all go through rough patches. It won't last forever. And you really do have power over your own happiness.

(And yeah...hearing about brad and Angelina made me happy as well. lol )

Hugs...juju

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
S
SH_ Offline
S
Drive by hug for my favorite pole dancing DB friend

(((((((((Grl)))))))))

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard