Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
E
Eagle

Quote:
I've learned that I am not really a selfish person and that I need to do things for myself. I've had selfish moments in my relationship but we've all done selfish things from time to time.

Great answer. Ya know I belive that there is a thin line between taking care of oneself and being selfish. It is a struggle that I have to day. Where is the line.

Quote:
I still felt a little guilty even though I know I shouldn't. It's not going to stop me from going and I will have a good time but I guess there is still a little of the old me in there.

It will take time for these feelings to eventually level out. Deep down you know if you need to feel guilty. Follow your gut. Learn to trust yourself.

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
C
C
Eagle11,
Just caught up. s5 is safe in bed - 30ft' from me,sleeping. Decision made that even though my MPA is an amazing GAL, I will do no work towards it this weekend - despite the extra effort this will take come weekday when I don't have s5. My boy has more value. I read what I missed, if you had not time to read me, I had no time, I flipped it temporarily , back. I saw this...
Originally Posted By: ericmsant2

Learn to trust yourself.

The end of a long read for me in terms of the page I left off at. Yet, terminus of it all. Succinct. A normative statement. Do you know Occam's Razor? Look it up. One of the the best things I knew before my journey, funny thing, old knowledge returns. The simplest answer is you. Your W is so complex. Your answers to all these great efforts from so many great people who came before us, are so complex.
Has it occurred at any time, that the answers you seek on her are too complicated, when the easier ones lie within? Simply, so simply, what is inside you to trust?

DB is an uneasy balance IMO. Your understanding is of you vs you understanding her. You want so desperately to find the answer to her that you are failing to trust the present and future you to know that that integrated knowledge of her exists inside of you!

Eagle11 - I will not be back in your sitch tomorrow or the next day. Will you be the same when I find you again? Trust yourself today that you can do one thing to make it different. Trust yourself tomorrow that you learned from today. It does not matter to your MLC what you do or what you say. But, it will matter to you. Trust you my friend, I trust you.

"There is no more important fight than the one for ourselves. Keep on winning." Ginger1, Read her newbies.
BD: Feb '16
D: Mar '17
Piecing: Putting the self back together was my piecing.
S6

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard