Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
N
NYGal Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Reconciliation after an A is hard folks.

11/4/15 W revealed EA/2 months later became PA with co-worker
Reconciling since late April 2016
Don't give up until it's time, then move on
Be patient, strong and kind but never a doormat
M
M
Originally Posted By: NYGal
Reconciliation after an A is hard folks.

Preach.

I have seen this war play out from both sides of the line.

I sit here today, wanting nothing more than to have the chance to reconcile with my wife. But, I have already been down that road (years ans years ago) and I already know the tormenting hell that would be waiting for me on the other side of that line.

This journey for all of us is so ironic, funny and sad. Most of the folks on these boards would give their right arm for a chance at saving their marriage and family. Yet I read story after story, of people finally getting that miracle, only to find out that the worst part of their journey has just begun.

M-42
W-40
S-12
D-10
Together-13 years
Married-10 years
Separated-6/2016
ILYBINILWY-7/2016
EA-4/2016 (best guess)
PA-7/2016 (best guess)
T
T
^^^^ x2. All the more reason to make sure we're in it because there is something valuable to be saved and not just to "win."

Piecing is the hardest part.

M: 40 H: 44
Married 14 years
S11 & D6; D20 & D19 from previous M
2BDs/PAs, 8 years apart
Piecing: April 2014
A
A
NYGal...I have been thinking about you and wondering how things were going! Hope you are hanging in there!

Me: 43, Him: 40
Married: 21 years

J
J
NY

Is it hard because you are feeling unsure of whether you want the relationship or hard because you feel that you are still pursuing?

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
C
C
Originally Posted By: NYGal
Ugh. I'm so sorry. Re-read the book and work the program. Do your best to let it go and GAL. What you do next is so important. Can you get a DB coach?

Stormchaser,

Are you still with us?

How can we help you?

Cristy

Resource Coordinator
The Divorce Busting Center
303-444-7004

A Divorce Busting Coach can help you save your marriage, even when your spouse wants out.

Email virginia@divorcebusting.com or 303-444-7004 for more information or to get started right away.
S
S
Ironically, I just decided to check this thread and see you are asking about me.

I will have an update later, but it is nothing but fantastic news. W severed her ties at work completely because OM received a massive promotion and this would require her spending time with him literally all day. The day his promotion was announced was the day she sent her resignation letter effective immediately and she never stepped foot there again.

Me: 52
Her: 48
2D 26 & 16
M: 25 years (together 30)
EA/discovered by accident Valentines day 2016
Admitted SOME physical but no IC.
We know that's a lie.
Status - tryin to R
Stormchaser

I love hearing this!! There are few DBers who reconcile AND then post here. It's so helpful. If and when you can, just a post letting the newbies and in Piecing, - that it can improve, will help.

Storm, I'm not familiar with your story. I apologize for giving out a piece of advice that may not apply to you specifically. So please take this with the spirit in which it's written.

If I could go back in time to my own recon, here's what I'd do differently ---once the recon had begun...

First, i'd insist we both get IC. We went a few times to the same MC we had seen during the M. And I would see a T on my own. H was "too busy with work" and besides, he was home.

We never really got to the bottom of how h could feel okay about his choices for long time away from our kids and me, or what the underlying issues were in him to steer him in such a destructive way. Looking back-maybe I didn't want to see how he saw me or our family, or whatever existed/exists within h.

I'm not saying all ^^that could have been fixed. But 10 years ago, who knows? I'd have known it was over a lot earlier. Or we'd really get to the bottom of what was eating away at him and I'd have had sufficient information to make my own choice. Maybe We could have made changes or different choices.

Early in our recon, h's mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer. So we shelved a lot of piecing. We did attend Retrovaille (I still think it's an excellent program) and h made progress in a short intense weekend. Naively, I felt as if we were "cured" b/c I saw sincere remorse in h...

But we didn't follow up with Retrovaille's subsequent sessions, ("it's too far, needed a sitter, logistical issues" and blah blah blah. I'm shaking my head at that decision).

I was naive enough to think we were all "past it" b/c I saw real regret in h and h was not in Alaska. Then we went into crisis mode for his mom.

Other issues existed, but are beyond the scope of my main point.

**The other thing I'd do differently is get specifics about HOW we'd regain what we once had & how to know when we were on/off track. Other than overt fighting, there were no "signs" for us. We didn't really identify what the underlying "same old" stuff was!

We needed some type of barometer to better guide us for how our r was doing.

In short, IC for each of us as individuals, (esp the WAS) and agreed upon measurement "tools" for our m.

That's^^ what I'd do differently if I had it all to do over again in my situation.

I do not know if it would have changed the outcome, but I know I lacked enough info to make an informed decision, and ended up making a poor choice somewhere along the way.

(((Storm, bravo.)))

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
B
B
NYGal, 25 & Storm,

I take so much from all of you and your stories. Thank you!

Storm, I wish you had a thread going ...

25, I swear, I cannot keep up with your thread. lol.

NYG--how are things? It's been awhile, I hope you are well. Please update soon!

Blu

“Forgiveness liberates the soul. It removes fear. That is why it is such a powerful weapon.” – Nelson Mandela
N
NYGal Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hi everyone, I'm doing great. W and I are still working on our R every day. But it's not all work, it's fun, too.

I still see the sow (stupid other woman) on occasion at work, and I still want to flag down a bus when I'm in a position to push... but I restrain myself. Last 2 times I had to be in a meeting with her I actually put a 2nd, more prominent ring on my left ring finger so there was no missing the fact that W and I are together. LOL. And there's a big event for our work that we will not be attending because W doesn't want to have to see sow. So that's good, too.

Hang in there people. Work this program. Do your best and know that we all make mistakes. And if it ends? It's not the end. Life still holds promise of great happiness. Go for it.

11/4/15 W revealed EA/2 months later became PA with co-worker
Reconciling since late April 2016
Don't give up until it's time, then move on
Be patient, strong and kind but never a doormat
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard