Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
G
GR8TDAD Offline OP
OP Offline
G
So I managed to apologize for being short with the wife last night. I blame it on being worried about the dog. She said she totally understood. She's trying to have her brother help her move on Tuesday and on Thursday morning next week we have an appointment as a family with a therapist so we can talk about what is going on with our little ones.

G
GR8TDAD Offline OP
OP Offline
G
W is seemingly starting to get overwhelmed by the amount of work she is facing and the lack of money. Jsut wait until she doesn't see the kids for 5 days straight.

Her brother is being as inflexible as he can with helping her move.

M
M
So, lets shake this up a bit...

What are three goals that you have set for yourself, that you can accomplish this week ???

What are three things that you can do today, that are different than anything that you have ever done ???

Name three qualities, that you have within yourself, that you want to SHOW the world today ???

And by showing them to the world, I mean things actions that you make, without expecting anything in return...

Name three qualities, that you want to develop about yourself...

???

Time to start making this journey about you....

G
GR8TDAD Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Oh geez. This would require a hell of a lot of thought right now. I am somewhat focused on work, but can think in my spare time.

Could you perhaps guide me in a specific direction on these 3 things??

Good news, pup is 100% recovered for the most part and I picked her up this morning and took her home.

M
M
Originally Posted By: GR8TDAD
Oh geez. This would require a hell of a lot of thought right now. I am somewhat focused on work, but can think in my spare time.

It sure beats the time that you spend worrying about the other stuff...

: )

Quote:
Could you perhaps guide me in a specific direction on these 3 things??

I could, but then it would be my list....

Seriously though...

What are three things that you would like to do, but have always felt that you couldn't because you were tied down with this or that...

Skydiving , Snorkeling, Photography. Bigfoot hunting ?

Cadet started a thread about goals, maybe read through that too...

Quote:
Good news, pup is 100% recovered for the most part and I picked her up this morning and took her home.

Excellent news.... !!!

C
C
Hello GR8TDAD,

Great news that your doggy is recovered!

Be very careful in how you present what is happening with your kids. Is this meeting with the therapist that your wife is seeing?

Michele has written an article about what and how to tell the kids about potential divorce. Please email me and I will be happy to send you the link.

You also mentioned on your previous thread that you are wanting to speak with a DB Coach. Please call me at 303-444-7004 and we can discuss options including a discount.

Regards,

Cristy
Resource Coordinator
The Divorce Busting Center
303-444-7004
cristy@divorcebusting.com

A Divorce Busting Coach can help you save your marriage, even when your spouse wants out.

Email virginia@divorcebusting.com or 303-444-7004 for more information or to get started right away.
G
GR8TDAD Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I see what you are getting at. Right now the biggest barriers are time, money, kids.

I have a lot of stuff I want to get going on but I am taking on the majority of the child rearing responsibilities at this time. Kids are 2 and 3 so it is kind of difficult to do much when I have them. I try to spend time outside with the chickens and in the garden after the kids go to bed, but by that time I am so exhausted I just fill up water and feed and head inside to watch TV...as it is usually getting dark anyway. I do however, once all her crap is out (Saturday I hope) clean up the garage and organize it better. I have some fast frame kits coming to build sheds/livestock shelters because I am going to expand my little farm that she harassed me about nonstop.

C
C
While we want the goals to be doable for the most part...

If you had the time, money, and energy what would you like to do/learn about, try?

Make a bucketlist...

"Acceptance doesn't mean resignation. It means understanding that something is what it is and there's got to be a way through it."--Michael J. Fox
G
GR8TDAD Offline OP
OP Offline
G
All of my stuff I want to learn really involves my love of homesteading and continuing my goal of being mostly self sufficient...

But I will work on making a bucket list.

Today, in terms of emotions and thoughts, has actually been the best day since the BD 4 weeks ago. I am feeling a sense of relief that she is moving out. I guess that sounds wrong, but I am also really enjoying the idea of not having a slob living with me that I have to go around and clean up after (besides my children...who I am training quite well)...and I am by no means a neat freak, but there is a certain level of basic cleanliness that is needed for me to feel comfortable and calm in my environment. She has never been willing to meet me halfway on that.

I am also enjoying the idea of being able to expand my microfarm and add some goats and guinea fowl. She said NO to both.

Also, thinking about how much less money (once debt is paid) I am going to have to shell out to support her career in hair, her car payment, HEALTH INSURANCE!! OMG, $350 a month for her - I am free through my employer.

I am now starting to think what exactly I found to be so terrific about her. Yes, we had fun together...but there has been a ton of turmoil in this relationship. I am nowhere near without blame...but as DB says, PERSON A does this, PERSON B reacts, PERSON A reacts to that, PERSON B reacts to that reaction and so on...

She brought a ton of baggage into the relationship and now that I look back, I was soooo stupid to propose as quickly as I did. I don't regret it however, because it led to us getting these kids and I wouldn't change that for the world.

G
GR8TDAD Offline OP
OP Offline
G
While I am feeling good about the move out...I am still convinced we could have worked through our issues without all of this mess - but nothing I can do now and I cannot control her thoughts or actions. JUST ME!!! Thank you for all the advice so far. I am not going anywhere, just thankful I found this place.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard