Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
P
P
Today, I am grateful. Period. Things have gotten harder again, and yet I know that this too shall pass. I suppose I ought to call out my gratitude more specifically.

-I am grateful for the gorgeous cool, sunny day we had here yesterday. The sky was so blue, and I actually got chilly when I was out biking! It was wonderful.

-I am grateful that the process server that finally found me was a kind and compassionate individual who stayed and talked to me for a long time after handing me my paperwork. He asked me about my story and listened and was lovely. Who knew that one can find compassion in such a difficult scenario?

-I am grateful for the continued and incredible help and support that my l-friend has given me throughout this legal mess. I don't know how anyone can navigate such a morass without help.

H: 44, Me: 45
Married: 20 y Together: 25 y
no kids
Walk away: 12/15
Asked for temp separation 12/25/15
PA confirmed 3/16 (apparently neither the first, nor the last PA he has had)
H filed for D 5/16
L
L
Dear Phoebe,
What an amazing story that someone who has that job also has such compassion .
I am also trying to be very grateful for all the many blessings I do have . Sending big hugs !

W-57,H-55
Married-32 years
3 kids S-30,S-28,D-25
EA / PA ? June 2015
Walked out ,moved in with OW 10/2015
moves back 1/2016
still in love with OW and moves out July 2016
L
L
Dear Mach1,
I love all the gratitude !

W-57,H-55
Married-32 years
3 kids S-30,S-28,D-25
EA / PA ? June 2015
Walked out ,moved in with OW 10/2015
moves back 1/2016
still in love with OW and moves out July 2016
S
SH_ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Alright!! Some new folks sharing the gratitude!

Okay, so I have been slacking, but I gotta get back on the wagon here.

Thankful for my 2 beautiful d's. The light, love and life for me.

I am thankful for God and his influence in my life. I have leaned on him heavily as my own confidence has waned.

I am thankful for some mighty fine folks here in this community. they treat me with all the respect love that I could ask for in these circumstances.

Thank you all.

And to roist,
Quote:
A quick question for those of ye tuned into the gratitude attitude!. I wanted to bring mine a step further and actually send people thank you cards.

But three people on my list are W and her parents. For those who have not read my thread, I am still with W but R is minimal and we are glorified roommates with kids.

My q is is this a good idea? I don't want it to be viewed by W for anything more or less than what it is, me saying thank you. I can decide about W myself, but am unsure about her parents. I have reason to thank them.

To clarify I intend sending 52 cards in total over the space of a year.I am unsure of how to explain to w, why I am doing this. Most of ye will understand the benefits of being grateful and appreciating life.

Even in writing this I realised that I need to do what I want to do. But instead of erasing I'll leave it out there if anyone wants to comment.

Thanks

I know you answered your own question, but I believe, that gratitude does not need to be explained, nor justified.
Do it for you and no matter what the W or her parents think. Gratitude like forgiveness is for you and when it is sincere, no judgement, not reaction will matter.
Just my2c my dear friend.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
R
RAI Offline
R
Here I am - finally!

Today, I am thankful that I was at the bank and it was not a hassle. It very often can be. I was there early and it was closed, but the drive through window was already open. the teller was courteous and efficient. I was back at work in no time flat.

I am thankful that I got to take my S14 in carpool today. I enjoyed the time with him and even got to spend some time with him in school.

I am thankful that the cases I am seeing today are not too complicated, and are within my skillset. I am thankful that G-d has put sufficient wisdom in me to handle these cases.

I am thankful that at least today, I have the money to buy the things I need, and I don't yet need to scrutinize my bank account whenever I want to buy something that I want.

RAI

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
S
SH_ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Good to have you here RAI.

I'm grateful for my employment. It keeps me and my family stable at this moment.

I am grateful for today. It is my d's birtthday. Now she is d6. I have a special party planned for her this weekend and I may actually be more excited about it than she is.

I am grateful for the challenges that I am having to endure. They will strengthen me for those bigger opportunities coming just down the road.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
Q
Q
-cute puppies
-pictures that children draw
-paper airplanes

Me-45, W-37, T-10 yrs, M-9 yrs
D -7 yrs, S-5 yrs
BD-5/3/16, D filed 6/8/16

Q
Q
-I have functional hearing and eyesight
-I have money in the bank to live
-I am able to make decisions based on logic and experience

D -7 yrs, S-5 yrs

Q
Q
-Five Leaves Left by Nick Drake
-Nighthawks by Edward Hopper
-(500) Days of Summer

D -7 yrs, S-5 yrs

R
R
-- that it's almost autumn, the most awesome season!
-- for the love and support of my friends and family
-- for all of the Lord's blessings, which are too numerous to name!

Linda

Me 65, Ex 64
M 38 y
2 adult S, 4 G-Kids
MLC 11/07
BD 12/09
D 3/14
Dating nice guy 7/14
Engaged to nice guy 12/17
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard