G

G
GR8TDAD Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: Mach1
Okay...more clear now...

We keep cross posting....

So what would you tell her in that scenario ?

I would tell her that it is disrespectful to not let me know when and what you are doing. I need to be able to contact you if something happens with the kids, etc. Also, I don't want to sit and worry about you (I'm a horrible chronic worrier and always assume someone has been murdered or in a car accident).

M
M
Okay...now maybe...

Take away anything that puts the blame onto her for ANYTHING, and focus only on you. What you can allow, what you are comfortable with...

Maybe....

I am not comfortable with not having contact information. so that you can be reached in the event of an emergency.

If you continue to do this, I want you to know that you will not be contacted, if anything were to happen...

It's just a little twist, yet enough to let her know that you are not trying to punish her, you are only standing up for what you can live with.

I will try to find some more things later to help you...

and I hope that ^^^ makes some sense....

G
GR8TDAD Offline OP
OP Offline
G
that is really good stuff.

I am so glad I found this place and all of you awesome people.

At the same time I'm thinking "damn I'm pretty screwed up"

G
GR8TDAD Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Its just funny because I feel like everything I would say before I got to this forum and read most of DB would completely screw me over and make the situation worse.

My plan:

Talk about separation agreement, talking about moving day...mention boxes if needed. I am sure at some point she will try to talk about why she is doing this and how hurt she is etc. I will just tell her that I understand why she is doing what she is doing, tell her I support her, and if she is happier this way then that is what matters.

G
GR8TDAD Offline OP
OP Offline
G
That would be a HUGE 180 on my part.
She is expecting me to be angry, expecting me to try and reason with her, blame, analyze, beg, pursue, etc.

I WILL NOT DO THAT TONIGHT.
I WILL NOT PURSUE.
I WILL NOT PRESSURE.

I WILL SUPPORT.
I WILL VALIDATE.
I WILL ACCEPT.
I WILL FOCUS ON ME.

M
M
As a side note, I would seriously consider changing your member name here. Don't reflect how you are now, let it be a reflection of how you are going to be. Make that a goal. Sometimes that little change can start empowering you.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
F
F
Dear SadDad8,

I hear you. It's so hard. For the last 6 months, my husband has been saying on & off that he is going to move out. We started reading Divorce Remedy Jan 2015. He stopped trying, we both stopped reading. Now August 2016, we are back in the same place, maybe worse. I'm sad and lonely but I know I have to take care of me and focus on me. It's just hard. My heart is heavy but I can't make him do/want anything including me.

Me=46 H=50
T=22 M=17
S=10
D=10
M
M
Originally Posted By: SadDad8

Talk about separation agreement, talking about moving day...mention boxes if needed. I am sure at some point she will try to talk about why she is doing this and how hurt she is etc. I will just tell her that I understand why she is doing what she is doing, tell her I support her, and if she is happier this way then that is what matters.

How about...

That you are trying to understand what she is going through...

Because, in reality, you really don't understand...

It's like if I told you that there was a shidtload of water in the ocean, you would agree, yet neither of us knows exactly how much water is in the ocean....

The depths of her are still unknown to her, how could you possibly know....

???

On boundaries....

I want you to also understand that boundaries are good for you. Setting them lets another person know what you are willing to tolerate, and what you aren't willing to tolerate.

However...

Pick your battles wisely. Just because you can, doesn't always mean that you should...

Give yourself time, understand the need, or lack of...

And ask yourself if that is really the hill that you are willing to die on....

M
M
Much better!

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9