Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
R
OP Offline
R
OW7???? Holy cow! Yes, you should seek maintenance. Let RIT support you LOL. I wonder what she thinks about the gambling....

Linda

Me 65, Ex 64
M 38 y
2 adult S, 4 G-Kids
MLC 11/07
BD 12/09
D 3/14
Dating nice guy 7/14
Engaged to nice guy 12/17
V
V
I doubt she knows

Or thinks he is a high Rolleroc

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

J
J
I like the idea RIT supporting you, V!

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
V
V
So do I!

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

R
OP Offline
R
Holy cow, listen to this! My ex just sent me an email for some weird reason, letting me know that his Russian Tramp wife is starting a job as a bookkeeper for his school district on Monday. The woman barely speaks English, how can she work as a bookkeeper?

I wonder if my poor ex-MIL helped her get a job so they could afford to move out of her attic? She says she cannot stand having RT live in her house. But I never expected RT to support HIM financially, although that was his M.O. when he was married to me! I'm so flummoxed LOL

Linda

Me 65, Ex 64
M 38 y
2 adult S, 4 G-Kids
MLC 11/07
BD 12/09
D 3/14
Dating nice guy 7/14
job Offline
OMG! That is too funny! I guess your xh wants you to know that RT can get a job. It won't last long if she can't speak good English.

I feel for your ex-MIL, but it's her house and she can always give them enough seed money for a place, i.e., just to get them out of her house.

Well, they say that leopards don't change their spots and it's looking like your xh is doing the same thing w/RT...having her support him financially. She'll get tired of it...all it takes is some time.

All you can do is shake your head and be thankful he's not there living under your roof.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
R
OP Offline
R
I am SO grateful for that Job. So so grateful. He has hinted on more than one occasion about how big my house is and how much he loved living here...well except when he actually did live here, he hated it LOL

How are things with you Job? Does that knee of yours ever bother you anymore? Stuff like that sometime plague us forever frown Did you mention you had retired, or was that someone else?

Linda

Me 65, Ex 64
M 38 y
2 adult S, 4 G-Kids
MLC 11/07
BD 12/09
D 3/14
Dating nice guy 7/14
job Offline
RL,

Oh, I do know how you feel and you were so lucky not to have him and his RT in your face all of the time. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he asks to move in w/RT.

My knee is doing fabulous! I have had no issues. I do everything I use to do, climb ladders to paint or reach things, dance, kneel, etc. I can't play impact sports or twist it...but everything else has been a go! I can't believe it's been almost 3 years since I had it done. The scar has faded and when the other knee needs to be done...I'll do it w/o hesitation. I'm only sorry that I waited so long to have the left one done!

Yes, I retired almost 5 years ago. Time has flown. I'm enjoying retirement and spending time w/family and I still do quite a bit of traveling.

Thanks for asking.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Linda,

Your XH and the RT are really just incredible. Incredible what's I'm not sure to say. And I understand why you're grateful. It's not right to always bear the burden of carrying the family. You deserve so much more. Your photos look like you are getting the good! I'm so happy for you.

I don't know if I told you, but my new abode is located in a small townhouse complex in western Aurora. First, the entire complex was built as a Russian mafia ponzi scheme. (Doesn't that sound sordid?) Unfortunately, the one American got caught after the Russians fled and he's in jail. We're left to clean up the mess they left by paying off inspectors and taking shortcuts. Anyway, I was stunned to find out that at least a third of the residents or owners are Russian, and a whole lot of the businesses close by are also Russian owned... the pizza joint, the liquor store, the daycare. We have a large Hispanic population, so it surprised me that so many Russians are in the mix.

One thing I've found out about them. They are resourceful as hell. They learn English more quickly than most people and their motherland ties give them connections to get access to stuff that we don't have. I'm really unsure how they do it. Are they legally pursuing things? Or does that RM have wide tentacles? I know this sounds bad, but I honestly don't trust them. We have a lot of Muslims in Aurora as well, and they seem to do business a whole lot more transparently than the Russians. Jeez, I sound paranoid. I'm really not. I just am surprised that I'm living in little Russia?

Case in point, a Russian couple in our complex refuses to accept responsibility for drainage issues on their patio. The HOA clearly states that they have responsibilities for walls out, and that patios are included in the homeowner's responsibilities. They are well versed in the language: their letter is written in impeccable English and grammatically correct, and they're threatening to sue. Yet, you speak to them in person, and their English is very accented and sometimes disjointed. It's beyond weird to me.

Anyway, I would be surprised if it's your former MIL. It's karmic and funny as hell that she's the one going back to work. Your XH is a piece of work. I'm glad you're the one having fun and traveling now.

Love you!
Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
R
OP Offline
R
oh Job, I'm so glad that you are doing so well, emotionally AND physically smile I've sort of retired, but cannot actually stop working for another 6 years so I can collect my maximum social security LOL -- I'm envious, but delighted FOR you, you deserve it!

And holy cow, Betsey! I remember you saying that you had moved, but had no idea you'd moved into a complex that had anything to do with Russians, let alone the Russian mafia, which is scary as hell! My ex told me that RT's boss at her bookkeeping job in Moscow is in jail, and has been for the past 8 years. Something about bribery (or maybe lack of proper bribery) What the heck?! How can someone run a business from jail?

How strange that your neighbors speak such broken English, yet are able to write impeccably! Google translate does not do an impeccable job at all, so it can't be that.

That townhouse sounded so nice, and just perfect for you guys. I hope the Russian contingent doesn't make it miserable for you. Maybe I should tell RT about the complex; she'd fit right in! But I wouldn't do that to you smile

Linda

Me 65, Ex 64
M 38 y
2 adult S, 4 G-Kids
MLC 11/07
BD 12/09
D 3/14
Dating nice guy 7/14
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard