Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks for stopping by Feyth, Ginger and Dawn :)xx

Well, I'm in my new house!! I have to say it was a stressful 4 or 5 days. The house was pretty dirty and I had a push to get it all clean when I moved in...which led to a bit of a packing panic. Then moving day was fine and I had a brilliant and kind removals team. After that, a push to get the rental flat cleaned and the keys back....golly! Yesterday was my first day without a deadline of some kind.

Any ways - I have unpacked all boxes bar one and it is starting to feel nice. Met my neighbours on both sides, who are super nice and had my first visitor for coffee (my Dad.) Today is bed assembly and trying to get the main bedroom organised. I hope to have the house largely sorted by the time I go back to work next week. Tomorrow my new sofa comes and a charity store collects some furniture I don't need.

I have a few social days coming up now - visit from my sister today, volunteering tomorrow, a bring and share food event Saturday (divorce group) and coffee with two friends Sunday. All part days, so plenty of time to get organised around them.

Dawn, glad to give you a laugh with the coffee machine - oh my goodness, I think I blew it up on first use!! Burnt my finger on the hot plate and now can't get it to do anything. I'm going to ask my Dad to have a look for me.

XH's name is now off the joint account and I'll get that closed down when I get chance. That's it - all links severed and I plan to remain out of touch with him now. He didn't end our R in a way that allows for any ongoing friendship, so I wouldn't anticipate us being in touch. On a positive note, I have been asked to become a trainee facilitator for the next divorce group session, so that's a winter project for me!

NG and me still in (less frequent) touch by text. TBH, I've backed off a little after he postponed us having a drink out. I realised I had got a little excited about things and had become the one who was initiating more. But I figure if he wants us to do something, he can get in touch.

Anyway, that's all from me for now and hope my DB friends are all doing well. Xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
J
J
Glad to hear that you've moved in to your new place!

Yup, helpful and efficient house movers can make a big difference.

I hope my move will work out as hood as yours.

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
job Offline
Congratulations on the move to your new home. You've had some stressful days, but you managed to get everything done and now you can relax and enjoy your new place.

You've got a lot of plans for the week that will keep you busy, but you also will be spending some time w/family and friends. Maybe the hot plate has a short in it and you will need to toss it out rather than try to fix it.

Now that your xh's name is off the joint account, you can close it out when you get the chance. I'm sure you'll be happy to get that final thing over and done with.

What a privilege and honor to be asked to become a trainee facilitator for the next divorce group session. You will be a valuable asset to the group w/the knowledge that you have on the subject.

As for the NG, he'll be touch again very soon.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2696060 08/11/16 09:26 AM
V
V
How great!

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

D
D
Sounds great! I am jealous that you got all your boxes unpacked so quickly. I STILL have 2 boxes, but hope to get those done in the coming weeks. Of course, those are boxes that I unpacked and then put more stuff in as I moved and reorganized over and over again, so not sure if they really count. LOL

Keep on keeping on, Sotto. Sounds like things are going your way! smile

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
H
H
Hi Sotto

New house! Excellent. NG - he'll be in touch, don't panic. I can't believe you got unpacked so quickly. When we moved in to our last house, we still had one box that we ended up putting in storage at S time! Moving onwards, not looking backwards - well done!

M 45 W 52
SD22 S9 D8
BD 6 April 2015
Not living together 4 Dec 2015
R
RAI Offline
R
Hi Sotto!

Congratulations on the new house. I am looking longingly towards that myself.

Best,

RAI

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
RAI #2697882 08/18/16 11:28 PM
S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks for dropping in my friends and for your good wishes - it's much appreciated! I've enjoyed the first week or so in my new place. Had a little poke around in the garden and been making plans to have it looking really nice. Feels like home anyway. Still some sorting to do, but basically unpacked now - just need to take some stuff to the tip and clear the decks a little.

I've been a little quieter socially, but had a nice couple of outings last weekend - bring and share supper with D group friends and afternoon tea with a couple of girlfriends. I have a friend coming over this evening to see the house - and tomorrow, I get to meet up with a chum from this very forum! Sunday, I'm meeting up with two old friends for the afternoon.

All quiet on the XH front, just need to get the joint account closed down now as his name is off it. Heard from SS this week and hoping to get together with him next week....not seen him for a few months.

NG still seems reticent. We've exchanged a few texts and I keep it light, but he basically backed off since asking me out for a drink and then cancelling. I had a bit of a wobble about that and I worked through it. It's not helpful to think - how come XH found a prospective partner and I can't even go out for a drink with someone!! I wanted to push and prod NG to see why he cancelled and withdrew. Now I just figure he must have something going on and I'll leave him be and keep in occasional friendly contact....pleased that I managed to handle the situation anyway (so far!!)

Well, that's it from me folks & have a great weekend xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
job Offline
Sotto,
I'm very glad to read that you are enjoying your new place. I knew it wouldn't take you long to unpack and get things organized and I'm sure that next spring...your garden will be beautiful.

Enjoy your weekend. It will be fun meeting up w/a chum from the forum and visiting w/friends.

I think you are very wise to leave NG be. It may be that NG has something else going on and isn't ready to go out for a drink, but it's his loss.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2699283 08/24/16 01:05 PM
S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks Job smile

Well, I'm settling in to my new place. Even though I didn't buy a doer upper house, there still seems to be a lot to do. And I seem to be starting things then getting diverted into others and making one or two poor choices in the process - a bit frustrated with myself. Tomorrow I'm off and I'm going to try and finish at least one thing before starting anything else.

Otherwise, I've been pretty busy socially. Saw a few different friends last weekend. All very nice and a friend joined me at salsa this week. She enjoyed it and may come again. Been working away and missed yoga tonight. But we have D group book club on Fri eve, then I'm meeting up with SS on Sat and out with a friend on Sun.

Saw NG this week for the first time since the cancelled drink. He jumped up and was really welcoming. Seemed keen to make conversation. I was rushing off somewhere and he helped me with my stuff. We text a little still and I can see it's possible we may try again for that drink at some point....we'll see..

Otherwise, all quiet with XH. I always feel some trepidation seeing SS. Nice to keep in touch with him, but it does bring me a little closer to what's happening with his Dad, which I find uncomfortable. But I'll get through that and out the other side I'm sure.

Hope everyone is well and having a good week xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard