Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
G
GR8TDAD Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Yes I feel like saying that but currently there is no legal agreement regarding custody or visitation and therefore I cannot keep her our ofnthe house or from the kids.

G
GR8TDAD Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Ok so update. She came home and wanted to talk about the agreement. She now changed her mind about everythjng and wants the kids 5050. I said I would think about it. She then made several attempts to bait me into a fight to which I replied I didnt want to have this discussion with her until it was civil.

I thenn left the house. She also mentioned in her barrage of insults that the kids shouldn't have to suffer because shenhad to be in a sh**ty relationship with me. I just ignoree that.

Thoughts?!!!

I am livid right now.

A
A
SadDad8 - just breathe. Breathe in and then out. What is coming from W is noise and is coming from a place of hurt and pain. You need to be strong for yourself and the kids. Focus on that.

Gender neutral hugs coming to you from me <smile> no offense I hope.

You did the right thing by removing yourself and giving yourself to breathe.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
G
GR8TDAD Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you. I came home to her barking threats about how the courts are going to decide etc. Also said that I only want the kids for the money (adoption stipend)...Couldn't be further from the truth. If I had to give up everything I would rather have my kids.

She seems just like she wants to be angry non stop. I just told her I have nothing to say to her as she kept trying to bait me.

G
GR8TDAD Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I should add that I am desperately trying to apply the LRT. I am supposed to just be patient, right? So much easier said than done!!

Again, i believe this irrational and unstable behavior is either a result of getting off meds too fast or perimenopause, or both...and MLC....

She is so angry.

I cannot in good conscious agree to the separation terms she is proposing and she has no money for an attorney, so not sure what to do now. She is just coming and going as she pleases and staying in the back room.

I have left her alone for at least 24 hrs and she just seems angrier.

B
B
More patience and do nothing. Ride out her storming. Please take nothing personal! It is she who is mad at herself and hurting and she's trying to hurt you.

Be good to you and don't expect her to meet any of your needs right now. Protect the kids and immerse yourself with the. Carry on your life and show her what she's missing.

She will try and get you mad or defensive or get you to react. Don't do it! It's really hard to do but oh so worth it!

Hang in there!! Rooting for you!

Me54 WH48
S18 D16
M 22 T 24
EA-PA-EA 2011-2015
Separated 10/14 - 06/15
BD1 02/14
BD2 05/16
BD3 08/21/16 and began drinking again
Working on me and liking me again

G
GR8TDAD Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Terrific advice . Thank you!

A
A
SadDad8 - it doesn't cost anything to educate yourself about the legal process. There may well be free resources available for you. My WW had 2 consults with a L for free through the local county court. Check also with the social services office or whatever it is called there.

Know your rights - knowledge is power and will make you more confident as you go along this journey.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
G
GR8TDAD Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I have already consulted with an attorney. She has to wait for free legal advice.

Unfortunately this is a 5050 state so I am looking pretty screwed right about now.

G
GR8TDAD Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Ugh saw her text messages. She has been talking so much [censored] about me to this guy. Saying horrible things. So sad and sickening.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard