Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
G
G
Again excuse all typos. I don't proof when I post on my phone. Sorry for he gibberish.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
LOL, I thought I was losing my mind! As I'm reading, I'd think, "Didn't I just read that sentence?" and I'd look back and sure enough I had. Then it happened again! And it happened yet again!!! LOL. I really was laughing about it - after figuring out I really wasn't losing my mind those sentence really were duplicated. Perhaps they needed emphasis? smile

And just for the record, I really was only kidding about you and Maybell both striking it rich online in weeks. I really would not have come and hunt you down. smile

I did also want to reiterate to everyone once again (I know there is so much to try to read and remember with all of the various people on here) but for many years I was very much living the take it as it comes life with no need nor urgency about it. Friends would even occasionally try to introduce me to someone and I'd most often decline. It wasn't until I actually was hoping to meet someone that it started to bother me. Then all of a sudden I was like, eeek, I've been divorced for 10 years and really have not said ILY to anyone romantically. Right or wrong, I think many people would find that in and of itself to be a red flag - no R in 10 years? Again, right or wrong, that is not average (normal). If I could have my way I'd totally love having just someone to travel with, do things with, etc. - the ultimate friend with benefits if you will. I just know that's probably not realistic at least over the long term so I'm willing to try on all sorts of options. Clearly it's not going to be on my timetable, that's clear. The thing is, you're point about life is short really hits home. I don't want the last 3 years to be the way it ends.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
G
G
Hi Don,

I'm going to try to post like a sane person this time:-) I have some single friends who would like to get M and have children. They are late 30s. A couple of them spent many, many years with men who flat out said, "I don''t know if I want to get married or have kids." And now that these women finally ended those relationships after years, they want to know where all of these "good" guys are. I think we occasionally think that when we are ready, whatever we are looking for will be there. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. And while there are many fantastic single people, some just aren't either a) interested in a relationship or b) not relationship material.

I can't speak for the women you chat with (and my guy friends don't OLD), but some of the women I know try to date like they did when they were 22. He's perfect except he's not tall enough! He's great but he's bald! I've never met anyone better but I like guys with tattoos!! Get my point? I'm sure some men do this too. Like I said, I don't online date however, I can see where someone falls into the trap of thinking they are viewing a catalog of potential mates. It's really just another tool to meet someone. Heck, my ex SIL met her ex h in ICU. (Nope. Not a typo). I know someone who met her h at a garage sale. It's not the norm but it is a reminder that people do meet in person. I'm a total nerd and I believe I read from the Pew Institute that 92% of marriages are because of IRL meetings. Yes, I also know people who have met online and gotten married as well.

Keep your options open and don't be afraid to just meet someone even if she doesn't check the boxes. Just my 2 cents.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
What she said ^^^^^^.

LOL, I didn't mean to have word diarrhea on your profile! I just want to know the meat.

I'm a year older than you, and when I've been trolling online, I only interact with people who give me enough information to proceed. Like GB said, if you're funny, show me. ;-)

A couple years back I put a profile up on How About We. Though I haven't met a long term person there (I'm a IRL person now), the dates were fun. There were some incredibly hilarious profiles that literally made me laugh out loud. I wanted to go out with a slew of them just to see how fun they were in person. But then I got busy and met someone else (who turned out to be a real jerk wad).

I still stand by jumping into your life and seeing who pops in while you're already busy having fun and kicking ass. The best relationships I've ever had (including my now XH), we started out as friends. The friend angle works for me, and I think it's probably where I'll find success. I do have a friend here that used to work for me that I really enjoy personally, and we have a lot in common. He's traveling right now, but I think I'm open to finding out if there's something more when he gets back. He's funny and loves sports (especially baseball) and I can't imagine myself not being with someone like him. And BTW, his name is Don. Haha!!!

I also know people who met in weird places and circumstances. My parents, for example. My dad is a retired DC cop. My mom was 22 and living with a roommate when some pervert tried to break in. My dad responded to the call. His friend married her roommate and became my godfather. I'm serious!

She just might be selling Mary Kay to your next door neighbor. Just sayin'...

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
S
S
Hi DonH,

Forget the life being short stuff. That is Victim Mode. You know it too.

Man up. Grab life by its b@lls. Live it.

Got it?

Surfer.

M46/W40/D8/S6/T20/M12/Separated 6/2016,W takes kids
Issues2009
Wpartying w/g.f's2013on
EA2013PAdeniedWleavesMBR
ImeetAP/EAhalts
VariousBDDates
MFCourse
WSpew
EAresumes I halt
Wrages
DBIng4/2016

C
C
DonH if you take the url html out of your signature it will actually put the link in.

Me-70, D37,S36
D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Okay I've taken a step back from the online and other dating focus so I've not had much to update on my thread here although I have been posting on others. However as I just sat down to watch my DVR of the Doctor Phil Show today I have come to the conclusion there clearly is no justice. Wait until my friend here Ginger hears this one she's much in the same place as me.

And so, you may have heard of Steven Avery from the Netflix making a murder series. Ever seen that? If not, Google Steven Avery. Not only is this guy convicted of a brutal murder, he's a bumpkin trailer trash dweller. No one ever has called him "hot". I mean take away the murder conviction and Never mind he's in prison for life and he's just not marriage material even without those things. So imagine my surprise when the news reports he's engaged. Oh and by the way this murder happened 75 miles from my house. Anyhow, so I tune in, fully expecting to see a crazy, trailer trash partner - right? Imagine my shock when this beautiful, tall thin blonde walks out on stage. I'm like WTF? Well spoken and she's a fricken paralegal! Now never mind she has to be toys in the attic but c'mon, how can it be possible that Steven Avery gets a hot girlfriend and I can't even get a date! SERIOUSLY? Google lynn Hartman to see a photo of her.

OMG there just is no justice. Lol. Hopefully you are all appreciating my humor here, but really? How does this work? Seriously it is telling to hear what she has to say. It's all about someone needing her, loving her, helping her through a divorce. Really? I mean really? This is an example of the crazy people us single guys and gals have to weed through.

I'm seriously laughing my butt off here but still the irony. Lol mind blown. Steven Avery has more game than I do. OMG!

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
M
M
This may be a relief... Steven Avery dumped her for being a gold digger.

So much for his game, lol. All $6000 of it.

They looked super creepy together.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
They've split up already? I'm betting they get back together - it's been that way already according to the story. This is like grade A people watching without even being there. smile.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
G
G
I'm laughing my a$$ off over here!

About 2 years ago when Honey Boo got her own show and Mama June had her boyfriend/baby daddy I saw a meme on FB that said something along the lines of " you are single but Momma June has a boyfriend?" (it was much funnier than that)

Maybe it just goes to show there is someone out there for everyone!

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard