kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Yeah, why not???? smile

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Oh, and by the way? It looks like I probably WILL be playing SXSW again this year with my professional singer songwriter friend. Her new album (which I played vibraphone on!) comes out next spring and she is working on playing SXSW again like we did 2 1/2 years ago. Rest assured, if we do, I will be posting a LOT on Facebook about how I'M playing SXSW lol just to bug my ex-bandmates hahahah.

job Offline
That's great! That sounds like a lot of fun. Definitely post a lot on FB about playing SXSW. Your ex-bandmates don't have a clue as to what they lost!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
S
S
Hey Ellie,
When one door closes a window opens. But BETRAYAL IS THE WORST!
My 36 year career ended this way. I had taken in a former dance student (who had studied dance at university) to assist with classes. She had Judy had a baby and left her druggie boyfriend. I provided her with a job and work d around the baby. Then, behind my back, she started a bit of a mutiny wi my staff against me (for no particular reason). They started a dance studio and never once told me until it was ready to open and they all quit. I was left in so much shock - didn't sleep right for years and it is what initiated my move 3 hours away. But... It's over. Turned out I have a better life anyway. Because I made it so.

Looks like I joined the party a little late. I missed your original post. The shock and betrayal is so real, so painful, so unfair. But I am so glad to read on and see that things are going to work out in a different directional, hopefully better than ever.

Just a reminder to all of us. None of us wanted to "change directions" when we got the bomb. We all lived through the horror of the ultimate betrayal. But we are survivors!

Would I wish I was still married to Chuck? Absolutely not! (Even if there had never been an affair). He was so volatile. So much drama. You never knew what you were going to get.

My life is calmer, sweeter and MY OWN! No one gets to tell me what to do. I make my own choices.

Sometimes people are so busy trying not to hurt someone else (probably so they don't look like A sh!t) that they end up hurting them worse than ever.

Good luck with the new band!

Barb

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard