C
Cld Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I meant Wonka, not Drew, sorry*

W
W
Originally Posted By: Cld

"The only wrinkle was that my parents divorced and they NEVER ever bad mouthed each other in front of me. Never once did Dad ever bash my mother nor did my mother bash my Dad to me. EVER. It was kept all behind scenes. It is the ADULTS who did stupid stuff behind the scenes that affected me.

My father had an affair which hurt my stepmother deeply."

Drew, you just proved that what I am saying is right, you were acting like your father during your MLC, please stop ignoring the elephant in the room.

I think you meant me, Wonka. I AM NOT MY FATHER, NOR EVER ACTED LIKE HIM. Trust me on this. There is no elephant in the room. Just because you say this doesn't make it true.

I know that some people who come from broken families have happy marriages but usually because they reflect the behavior of the left behind spouse.

HUH...you lost me here. Not following you ^^ at all. Care to elaborate? I do not understand what you are trying to say here. Thanks....

For instance my brother in law, who is happily married, is acting like his father, the left behind spouse that my mother in law divorced. As I said before men tend to act like their fathers and women like their mothers.

That is an over generalization. Not a good way to state your case. It's actually weak. Men and women are not carbon copies of their parents. Do yo act like your own father who is probably a MCP and a misogynist?

W
W
Wonka is a woman, but from what I understand she is also a lesbian and she is the "man" in her relationships.

Way to go in offending gay people with the same, old worn-out stereotypes. crazy smirk

You have much to learn.

Stop shooting off your mouth and use your ears more often.

C
Cld Offline OP
OP Offline
C
"That is an over generalization. Not a good way to state your case. It's actually weak. Men and women are not carbon copies of their parents. Do yo act like your own father who is probably a MCP and a misogynist?"

Wonka,
as I said before I stop talking when people start calling names.

C
C
As I said before men tend to act like their fathers and women like their mothers.

Actually the way we pick our mates is to look at the opposite sexed parent and pick their best traits and the opposite of their worst traits.
So this can end us up being similar to our same sexed parent.

I know I am like my father, but then again my sister is similar to my father too, and not too much like our mother.

Cld it is good you are learning all this stuff because Knowledge is POWER,
when all gets said and done YOU have to keep moving FORWARD,
and not look backwards.

STANDING is not WAITING.

Part of this MLC process for the LBS is to become the best version of ourselves possible.
Because IF our spouses ever wake up we will need to have a new relationship with them.
If we are not that best version of ourselves then
we will not be able to build that new relationship.
Whatever it may be.
You will find that these skills will help you with
your whole life, whether that be work, friends, religion or relationships and marriage.

Do'nt find excuses to avoid it find reasons to embrace it!

Me-70, D37,S36
G
G
Hi Wonka!

Too many men, too many tutu's. I'm guessing since you are a lesbian and you must be the "man" in the relationship, you must wear a multi-colored tutu.....

W
W
Hey Cat! How are you, girl! laugh

Cld, you have no freakin' idea how many GOLD STAR vets you've attracted to your thread. And you still strike back at us like an old junkyard dog. Keep this up and you will lose some really good people who have given their time (and hearts) to you. They are not doing this because they are just messing with you, but rather to pass on their wisdom and guide you based on their own experiences (and some old war scars) BECAUSE they care about newbies who are really hurting and confused.

Humility please. And respect the 'elders' too.

W
W
"That is an over generalization. Not a good way to state your case. It's actually weak. Men and women are not carbon copies of their parents. Do yo act like your own father who is probably a MCP and a misogynist?"

Wonka,
as I said before I stop talking when people start calling names.

I rest my case.

Drew, you just proved that what I am saying is right, you were acting like your father during your MLC, please stop ignoring the elephant in the room.

Again, generalizations....dangerous.

I rest my case.

D
D
Clr,

I'll ask again - have you read DB or DR?

Everybody hurts. It's part of life. Don't miss the good stuff.
M
M
Originally Posted By: Wonka

Hey Mach! I am good....life's good. On the upswing....I am thisclosetopeace. smile

How about you, my friend?

I am finer than Frog Hair...

Not sure that you are gonna get anyclosertopeace in here...

This guy doesn't like the Womens too much, and apparently, the only thing more than that, are the Gays...

If you need me....holla : )

Cat...you didn't get the pics ????

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard