Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
T
Tate Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I'm pretty patient. I did recommend that we not shoot guns on the trip when my sister asked if we were okay with our kids shooting guns... wink

M 17 years
3 kids
EA start 2010
ILYBNILWY 1/2014
PA 1/2016
Bomb drop 2/2016
Renig on Bomb drop 4/2016
Living as roommates, EA continues
Tate #2690243 07/12/16 03:19 AM
N
N
Howd the weekend getaway go?

Me31 W31 M11yrs S6yrs
23Mar16-BD
9Apr16-W admitted EA w boss.
27Jun16-W Changed job and promised NC w OM.
14Jul16-Continued contact w OM.Start of Separation.
24May17-Divorced.
Tate #2692696 07/26/16 11:29 AM
C
C
Hello Tate,

I'm so sorry for the situation you are in.

It is safe to say that your wife doesn't need a reason to speak with your BIL while you are out of the country. The EA they are having is reason enough.

What are the 180s that you have been focusing on? What about you taking the kids for some fun without your wife?

You are at a very fragile point in this relationship and it would be extremely helpful to know what your next move should be. Feel free to give me a call at 303-444-7004 to get you scheduled to speak with your DB Coach again.

Cristy
Resource Coordinator
The Divorce Busting Center
303-444-7004

A Divorce Busting Coach can help you save your marriage, even when your spouse wants out.

Email virginia@divorcebusting.com or 303-444-7004 for more information or to get started right away.
Tate #2693108 07/27/16 10:21 PM
T
Tate Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Its been a while since I last posted on here...several things have happened since then.

We went on our famioy vacation. I nkticed my wife steering clear of my brother in law. I steered clear of him as well. Nothing much of note.

The day after my famiky vacation, I was leaving the country for work. My wife lingered around me that evening like she had something to say...but didn't. The next morning as I was heading out the door for my cab ride to the airport, she kissed me goodbye. I didnt say a word, although my mind was asking why she kissed me...

I was on travel for two weeks and texted her pictures with short messages throughout the trip, mainly for my kids to see. While I was gone, she spent significant time doing projects around the house...unusual for her. When I came home, she acted relieved that I was home again, but she hasnt touched or kissed me again.

Before the trip, I was planning on talking to my sister about her affair when I returned. On my trip, I read the book Love Must Be Tough, which stressed that the sure w a y to end an affair is to really show your spouse what they stand to lose...to ensure they feel the impact of their indescretions. It provides a solid arguement that I need to expose the affair to ensure that not only my wife must halt any affair, but that my brother in law feels the impact of his wrongdoings as well. It made me realize that my sister must know of the affair so that he will also feel the impact of his choices...and steer clear of my wife.

The two things keeping me from telling my sister are that it appears my wife is trying to move back to me...and that revealing this monster will surely halt visits between the kids. After all, how would that work...my wife stays at home and my BIL leaves his house while I bring the kids over? We live in different cities and stay with relatives so the kids can see their cousins.

All that said, my sister has planned a birthday party for one of her kids and one of mine this weekend. My wife is planning to attend for just the day or by staying with her mom the night before. My wife is experiencing part of the problem in that she used to stay at my sisters house, but now she knows she cannot. My guess is my sister and BIL are going to suspect something is wrong in any case since she will not stay at their house anymore...

Sorfy for the long post...as I said, a lot has happened, and Im not sure how to handle it now.

M 17 years
3 kids
EA start 2010
ILYBNILWY 1/2014
PA 1/2016
Bomb drop 2/2016
C
C
Sorry, I've not read to the bottom of your thread as yet so someone might have already mentioned this but it looks to me like you are taking on all the responsibility for outing the EA. Surely it is down to your BIL to come clean to his own wife? You can address the issue of you knowing with your Sister later but at the moment he seems to be going along in his own little world whilst your family is falling apart! Your sister may not understand at first why you didn't tell her but her husband needs to be the one who owns up to it as he has messed up and not you. I agree that in this situation neither option is a good one however I would rather not have the burden of carrying around such a huge family secret for someone else!

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

Don't leave me behind can't you see me I'm shining... (Years & Years - 'Shine')
T
Tate Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I agree that my BIL should be the one to tell my sister, but I'm sure he won't. My drive to tell her is that I believe she needs to know, but more importantly, this would halt him from trying to message my wife anymore. I've thought of just confronting him without letting my sister know as well.

M 17 years
3 kids
EA start 2010
ILYBNILWY 1/2014
PA 1/2016
Bomb drop 2/2016
Tate #2693255 07/28/16 02:02 PM
F
F
Originally Posted By: Tate
The two things keeping me from telling my sister are that it appears my wife is trying to move back to me...

I bet she's playing you, just like she's played you before.

Sorry.

...and that revealing this monster will surely halt visits between the kids.

That would be bad for the kids. But what about the long-term consequences of the situation? Some day it's all going to come out, and the kids will know whether you acted with integrity and wisdom.

Just my $0.02's worth. I realize it's easy to hand out opinions when you're not knee deep in it....

Me: 50, MLC/WW 45
Young kids
Nov 2015: BD1
Apr 2016: BD2
Jan 2017: W filed
Feb 2017: D final
Tate #2693295 07/28/16 05:13 PM
N
N
I agree that my BIL should be the one to tell my sister, but I'm sure he won't. My drive to tell her is that I believe she needs to know, but more importantly, this would halt him from trying to message my wife anymore. I've thought of just confronting him without letting my sister know as well.

Your drive to tell her should be because shes your freaking sister! I want to hit you over the head. In a good way.

Me31 W31 M11yrs S6yrs
23Mar16-BD
9Apr16-W admitted EA w boss.
27Jun16-W Changed job and promised NC w OM.
14Jul16-Continued contact w OM.Start of Separation.
24May17-Divorced.
T
Tate Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Newest event is that during a discussion with my wife about her plan to stay at my sisters house on a visit the weekend, I told her that her continued contact with my BIL via texts and her still having the PA guy as a Facebook friend were hurting me, us, and our chance at working on our relationship.

Her response was that she will not stop either and that if I involve my sister she will divorce me in an instant. ...what to do now?...

M 17 years
3 kids
EA start 2010
ILYBNILWY 1/2014
PA 1/2016
Bomb drop 2/2016
Tate #2693617 07/30/16 10:24 AM
Only you can decide how long you will accept being bullied and intimidated by her threats and living with the status quo.

Surely you can inform your sister what is going on between you without speaking to her husband's involvement? Perhaps even suggesting that her unaccompanied visits are't appropriate for now?

Having said that, no one looking on from the outside can answer your question because none of us have to live the consequences.

I can sense your pain and your fear. The pressure cooker you are living in has no relief valve other than by you as your wife sees no reason to stop. She has no respect for you or your family, sister included.

I am not advocating divorce, but I am suggesting that continuing down the path you are on might be worse and eventually gain the same result. Step back, write down pros/cons, seek an independent, unbiased sounding board and then decide how you need to proceed to achieve what you want.

Wishing you well.

The only easy day was yesterday

Friends - 35 years
Together -32 years
Married - 29 years
S - 26
BD - 11/11 S 7/12
Last visual contact 2/13
Last verbal contact 4/13
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard