Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
mindsin Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I can't believe it's been over a year since I joined this site. I've learned so much, through the wise people who have contributed so much to my threads, as well as simply learning by living through what I went through these past 13+ months.

MrBond and 25yearsmlc - special thanks to you two. I didn't buy into a lot of what you guys were saying to me, but looking back, it is finally clear. Thank you so much.

Anyways, onto my update.

My W and I finalized our divorce in May. No lawyers involved -- just two old friends who came to an agreement on all terms, and with the common goal of making life as best as it can be for our children under the circumstances.

We sold our marital home shortly after and I moved back to the town where I grew up, living with my parents until I decide where to go from here.

I have physical custody of my two children, and have enrolled them in school. Great school system in my town, btw, and the neighborhood is great for kids.

My W got a new job and moved out of state. She wanted to leave her old life behind in the state she called home for almost 30 years. She is starting over. In a lot of ways, I am proud of her. She deserves this fresh start.

The OM...well, she broke it off with him (again). The original plan was to move in together, but she called it off. She has her own place now.

As for me, I'm doing pretty well. Through my online dating experience, I met some very incredible people over the past 6 months. One of the girls I dated back in February is now one of my closest friends. I've also recently met a woman who is incredible. It is still very early on, but I can see myself with her on a more long-term basis. I approach every opportunity with caution as my heart has not fully healed. But I'm having fun along the way.

Last edited by mindsin; 08/04/15 02:06 AM.

M: 15 years
BD: 6/25/14
EA/PA: starts 5/14/14
11/30/14 - A ends
5/15/15 - D is finalized.
11/28/15 - Start of new LTR with a wonderful woman (and still going strong)!
C
C
wow. I found your name on some thread, looked them all up.
Glad you're doing better!

Me(W): 29 EXW: 30
T: 6 M: 2
SD: 10
BD: 04/2016
PS: 04/2016
W officially "seeing" someone 09/2016
W filed 03/2017
Officially Divorced 11/2017
F
F
S7 and D3 and your ex moved out of state ... ???

Me: 50, MLC/WW 45
Young kids
Nov 2015: BD1
Apr 2016: BD2
Jan 2017: W filed
Feb 2017: D final

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard