Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
T
GB, you always gave me excellent advice and I wish I had some for you. You are a caring and kind person, any man would be lucky to have you.

Me: 35 husband:39
Sons 16 and 11 from my first marriage
Twins 5 (boy/girl)
Daughter 3
Affair bomb 2/27/14
He moved in with ow 3/13/14
OW kicked him out 6/15/14
4/2016 he seeks help for sexual addiction

G
OP Offline
G
Cali(such a sweet guy), bttrfly, 123Gwen, Sotto, and Twin Mom (and anyone else who reads) thanks so much for your kind words. I don't post much although I do read a fair amount and I am always floored by the capacity and determination of people on this board. I probably sounded like I was ready to mainline some Drano, huh? I didn't mean to be so dramatic. I get that way on occasion.

Like most peeps on the planet, I have a lot of stuff on my plate (although mine is really a funky, vintage boho style platter).Desperately need to sell my house as it is too much work and move closer to my best friend and inlaws (northern suburbs). Too much to bore everyone with...I do enjoy meeting people. No desire to date. Wish I did. Sounds like a truckload of work and I just. don't. have. that. in. me. Other stuff to deal with like everyone else. Blah, Blah, Blah.

Vacation coming up soon. Enjoying the pool with my people. Focusing on positive changes and just trying to avoid the men for a while. Except that I have many close male friends and that can get a little sticky sometimes. Occasionally, I put myself on guyatus and it is a good thing. I have much bigger issues to focus on although I must admit, it IS a bizarre feeling not to want to date or be in a relationship. I think that feeling alone has been challenging for me to wrap my head around.

I am always reminded of how much good is in my life and how every fortunate I am to have 3 crazy kids, wonderful friends, and the best ex inlaws anyone could ask for. Nothing beats a good laugh and I try to enjoy the little things. Admittedly, some days are easier than others. And I know everyone here relates to that feeling.

Sending you all lots of love and positive thoughts. xoxo

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
B
B
Quote:
I do enjoy meeting people. No desire to date. Wish I did. Sounds like a truckload of work and I just. don't. have. that. in. me. Other stuff to deal with like everyone else.

I do relate to this so much. OK in other ways but dating - really - oh please, is my response.

Also where have all the normal people gone, that might make it a possibility? They are either in stable relationships (which makes sense) or they seem very strange. Was there a war I didn't hear about where all the normal single people had to go and fight? Just asking.

Or as a good friend, also with a MLC spouse, said: Maybe messed up is the new normal.

G
OP Offline
G
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to check in. Oh, and Bea-you nailed it. Messed up may be the new normal. We had a fantastic vacation. The week away was great for me and we enjoyed waterparks, shows, and theme parks. Well, maybe I didn't enjoy the theme parks but...:)It was wonderful spending time with the ex inlaws and it was nice to recharge. I have a 4 day beach get away with my best friend next week and I am soooo looking forward to some sand and ocean fun. Look for me on the news. I will be the lady on the news kissing the dolphin.

Kids have been spending much time with their grandparents at the lake this summer. I did see ex for the first time in a month or so. He had on a Curious George shirt and his hair was past his shoulders. I know I shouldn't have said anything, however part of our rapport was cracking on each other. I said, "Are you channeling Jesus with your hair?" I got the sulky face. Oh well. It WAS funny. Old ex Mr. GB would have laughed. This guy? Eh, he probably cracked out the Pokémon Go when I left.

Getting ready to list my house. Ready for some new positive stuff in my life. I want to move forward. Like everyone, some days are difficult. Some are fantastic. I am a work in progress and my life is as well.

Oh, and I have been on 3 dates with someone I kinda like. One of my guy friends set me up and told the guy it was the opportunity of a life time. Way to market me!! Apparently this guy really likes me. I told him I have to move slow. I don't know if anything will transpire, however, it has been fun getting to know him. I do have a tendency to attract the same people and if there is anything I have learned, we do kind of have to (if we choose to date) date who wants to date us. We will see. He has been divorced a couple of years and is very smart and kind of cute. We will see. No rush for me and honestly, I don't know how much I can handle anyway. Time will tell.

I do read threads here and can literally feel some people's pain. It's so difficult-I know. Hang in there. Things have a way of working themselves out. It may not be exactly what we originally wished for but that is okay.

xoxo

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
G
OP Offline
G
Hi Everyone,

Had a mini vacation with the best friend last week. We had a blast at the beach. Weather was gorgeous. Water was spectacular. Sand was divine. Food and drinks delish. We had an epic playlist of songs. Coming back gave me a case of the sads...

School starts next week. There is nothing like sending the kids back to school when it's a hundred degrees outside. 2 middle schoolers and s6 will be in 1st grade. D has been at the lake for 2weeks with ex-ILs and I am soooooo ready to have her back. S13 at beach with ex-BIL and is having a blast. Taking D and s6 to dinner tonight and s6 wants another pompadour-so off to the salon. It has been a great summer that has gone by way too fast (except that it's still really here).

You know I try to be honest with myself and everyone here. I had a couple of cocktails (large ones at that) and sent ex MR GB a text checking on s6. He was engaging and I said, "I do miss chatting with you sometimes." He said, "You've had cocktails. And I miss chatting with you too." That was all. Nothing big.

And while I am very, very, very cautious....I kinda like this new guy. He isn't pushy. No pressure although he has been rather clear without being overbearing that he really likes me and wants to give this a shot. His BIL is a very, very famous musician (my ex bf's was too-kinda funny to me) and he invited me to an event in a couple of months. He said, "I understand you can't say for sure and I am just tossing it out there." He is smart, funny, cute, attentive and very devoted to his daughter. However, he really got me yesterday when he offered to come mow my lawn and paint the kitchen. Sigh. This is the way to win me over:) I kid. We will see what happens. No rush and I said everything has to be slow.

That's what I got. My brother and niece are coming up soon and it will be fun to catch up. I frequently remind myself that while life has served me a crap sandwich now and then, I have so much to be grateful for in this world. I think the universe is talking to me right now so I am trying to keep an open mind and listen.

Hugs and positive thoughts to you all. xoxo

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
B
B
GB, I'm so glad to read your posts. It makes me hopeful for life after this clu$terf*c& known as MLC. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo hugs and positive thoughts back at ya!

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
G
OP Offline
G
Aw..thanks bttrfly. I hope all is well with you. It is an adventure although, I suppose life is always an adventure.

The NG has offered to change my oil. I may order monogrammed towels. I kid:)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
G
OP Offline
G
School has started. Yay! Private school cancelled bus service! Boo! A little extra responsibility I didn't need, but what are you gonna do? Brother and niece came up for his transplant review and we had a great time.

New guy is painting my kitchen this weekend. And changing my spark plugs. He has been hanging some with me and the kids and I guess things are going well. I wasn't expecting this so I am going with the flow. Something I have struggled with at times. He is fine with going slow and I have to say....I had a moment of deja vu the other night with him. It was like I had been with him for years. It was bizarre and I am going to try not to think about it.

Hope everyone is well.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
T
T
You deserve the happiness! I'm glad you are enjoying life.

Me: 35 husband:39
Sons 16 and 11 from my first marriage
Twins 5 (boy/girl)
Daughter 3
Affair bomb 2/27/14
He moved in with ow 3/13/14
OW kicked him out 6/15/14
4/2016 he seeks help for sexual addiction

J
J
Well Well Well!! Georgiabelle!! I was thinking of all of you the other day. Just dropped in to read what everyone was up to and who all is still around and here you are!!

I have been gone for quite awhile. See you found you a Handy Man!! Good for you!! Sounds like a good one!!

School is starting for my kids this week also!! I am so excited!! That means less trips to the grocery store!! LOL!!

Me:44
EXW 44
Wonderful Children
M11, T14
BD 6/14
OM Confirmed
Divorce Final 2/25/16
"It works if you work it!"

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard