Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
job Offline
I'm glad to read that your foot is healing nicely. Don't over do it once the boot comes off!

Sometimes we have to send those truth darts out to let them know that we aren't going to take their nonsense. I doubt that you'll hear from her for a bit because she knows she over stepped herself by saying the things that she did.

I think I would reach out to the X-SIL and ask what she wanted to speak to you about. Evidently, it may not have been too important if she didn't contact you again.

Talk to your girls about their grandfather. You might want to reach out to him to see how he's doing. I would hate for him to pass on and you not have spoken or seen him in quite a while. There is no harm in reaching out to him at this stage of his life.

Take care of yourself! Give the girls hugs and kisses and remind them each and every day that they are special in their own way.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
Cld Offline
C
I know it's very hard to resist the temptation to fight back, Irish, and I don't know how I would have acted if I were you.
I just know that avoiding arguments it's always the best thing to do and it's very hard to do.
Keep smiling my friend.

O
O
^

R
R
My ex FIL died in 2013. I found out the day of the funeral cause my D text me. He and I had a great relationship. I did not go to his services. I had not had any communications with him since my stich started.tough stuff

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

I
Irish M Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Things have settled down.
Both my daughters birthdays have passed and XW is gone back missing in action. She'll be popping her head out again at XMas.

Last message I got was 3 days ago. Her telling me that she is a good mom. Paying her child support and will not pay a penny more.

Now this is court ordered payments. Really nothing more than a couple hundred bucks that will cover the girls cell phone bills.
I guess she feels good paying it. Oh well. Of that what being a mom is well congrats to her for making it.

What is the definition of dead beat? Because she pays the court ordered amount, does that make her a responsible mom. She wouldn't contribute a penny if it wasn't court ordered. I say she's a dead beat because their is no emotional or physical love towards them.

Got the girls all ready for school. They are excited. I'm so lucky that they are grounded and not rebelling. God has blessed us.
I sent the receipts to her via my lawyer. If she pays half I'll be surprised lol

I didn't get that message from my Ex-SIL. So I guess her reaching out was for nothing. It leaves questions in the back of my mind though. I'll shake it off

Hope all is well with everyone

M51
XW43 (38 at bd)
BD1 MAY 30 2015
BD2 JUNE 25 2015 by text
moved out Aug 2 2015
left both Daughters 13 and 15 (now 18-20)
Her divorce Final July 26 2016
Last time she saw her kids Aug 2 2015
C
Cld Offline
C
Irish,

What kind of woman was your wife like 3 years ago?
I am just curious and trying to understand those MLCers a bit more.

I
Irish M Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hi Cld

My wife and not my XW
You see they are total opposites now

My wife (who I do miss) was an amazing, living person
My ex - I wouldn't hold the door open for or give her the time of day

I'll break her down as 2 people because thaton what I see her as now.

Wife.
Laughed a lot, loved family time, travel, activities, our pets, hugged the girls every minute she had. Was my partner, sat with me on my office if I had to work late to keep me company or to keep her company
She was bubbly, positive, smiling and good. Never drank and quit smoking before we had kids.

We never argued and if we did it was something so small that it was settled before we went to sleep. We talked a lot. Amazing mother.

My ex , who took over my wife's body and soul came into the picture when her dad got terminal cancer and her mom decided to trash talk him and reveal all their horrible stories. My ex cried and cried. Hated her father for what he did.
Little did I know her mothers story became her own. Everything her mom told her about her dad, she decided I did the same to her.
She neglected and abandoned her kids, started smoking and drinking heavily.
Tattoos and now a shaved head dyed purple.
Told her daughters she didn't want to be a mom and too bad for them for not having any future family vacations, the perfect family is over.
She Has the OM who has bad brown teeth and missing quite a few of them. Is a crack head druggy that lives on a poor part of a town 50 mins away.
Has filed for bankruptcy and lost nearly everything she took with her when she left.

2 different people . My wife is dead

M51
XW43 (38 at bd)
BD1 MAY 30 2015
BD2 JUNE 25 2015 by text
moved out Aug 2 2015
C
Cld Offline
C
Wow Irish!
I can totally relate with you!
My wife was amazing as well!
She was smiling, caring, called me or texted me several times throughout the day. We ate at restaurants several times each week with and without the kids, we picked blueberries, went for train rides, drove to Washington DC and to California from Michigan. We never missed family parties and had great projects as well.
One day this year she died as well.
She gave me a restraining order and filed for divorce out of the blue after I spanked our daughter on the bottom, I only spanked her 4 times in 7 years. She bad-mouths me in front of the children, she tried to make me see the children as little as possible, she tried to destroy my business, my only source of income right now. I am glad that there is a restraining order that prevents me to argue with her because things would be much worse now had I done that. It looks like she wants reasons to punish me even more and arguing with her would do that. Recently she complained with her lawyer that I gave our son a haircut, unbelievable!
Mother in-law blames it all on me because she doesn't know about midlife crisis when in reality she is to blame for all the trouble she caused her daughter during childhood and now it's all coming out.

V
V
Wow guys. This whole situations are AMAZING. It's like they are all reading from she same script...

I
Irish M Offline OP
OP Offline
I
My ex too loved going to the police with false claims. It was the police who came to me to warn me that there was something wrong with her.
When she changed she got shark eyes, couldn't look at me.
My kids are older 14 and 16. They also saw that their mom was gone. I have them full time. They last saw her Aug 2 or 4 2015.

My MIL had her own MLC and told me to let her go, that this is something she needs to do.

Ohh I let her go alright. NC has been an amazing part of my detachment. I don't snoop on her FB or ask about her. The person she is now I do not want in my life.
The only time I hear from her is XMas and birthdays. She shows clarity and the old her. I don't fall for it or give her a chance because I know it's short lived.

Now if I rate MLC on a scale of 1-10 . I give her a 12
I'll list out her new personality later this morning.

M51
XW43 (38 at bd)
BD1 MAY 30 2015
BD2 JUNE 25 2015 by text
moved out Aug 2 2015
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard