Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
job #2688803 07/02/16 06:19 AM
W
W
Hey WH!

It's good to hear from you. I am chuckling here because you are LIVIN' the good life while XH is in the crapper with his sorry ass OW.

Sweet revenge. smile

He's a knucklehead for sure. Good job on sticking to your guns. That is the growth I see in you that is different from the early days. You've come a long way, baby! (((WH)))

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks all

Today on the boat S told me that X's wife has been shaving his legs. I took a double take and said what? He said yep. She's either shaving them or waxing them because his legs are smooth and not hairy. I said why on wart would she do that? S said because she believes in "manscaping". I said "what the H--- does that mean? S said its "landscaping your man". I have heard everything now.

Tell me again why I ever wanted this moron back in my life? Now I wonder what I ever saw in him in the first place. Yuk!

WH

AT BD: WH 41, J 43; Bomb 2/5/2012
Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
"No matter where you go, there you are"
K
kml Offline
K
Ummmm.....CREEPY!
I've heard of manscaping when it comes to pubic hair (something my ex creepily started doing shortly before he left for good, I always thought it was to make himself look bigger and/or to hide the gray hairs from the young chickies he was interested in lol). And I've known men who lasered off excessive chest.back hair if they had an abundance. But his legs? Competitive swimmers are the only ones I've ever known to shave their legs. You don't suppose your ex is a cross-dresser, do you?

(Apologies to any of the guys out there who are into extreme manscaping, I just like my men manly).

B
B
Wow . . . just Wow

job Offline
It sounds like he is trying to be "young" again. He's feeling his age and don't be surprised to hear that his entire body, except his head and eyebrows are being waxed or shaved off. Some go to the "extreme" w/manscaping.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2700464 08/29/16 09:15 AM
W
OP Offline
W
So yeah now my ex is taking me back to court to get rid of his obligation to pay me maintenance. He tried to make me an offer of paying me $3000 (which he owes me anyway when the house sells). But the only terms he would agree to were paying me a minimum of $1000 a year for 3 years. No other payment terms were given. When I told him I was hesitant to make such an agreement he pulled the offer from the table and said he would see me in court. Yeesh.

In other news he told me he has a serious, near fatal condition with his heart. Something about an aortic aneurysm. I am not sure if he is being serious with me or not but I can't imagine even MY chaotic ex making up some story like that. He told me the doctor said his condition is critical and anything could happen at any time. He called me this weekend and said he was in the hospital with chest pains. They said he had an abnormal EKG and wanted him to be monitored and sent him home with nitroglycerin.

I hope he would not sell me such a story just to get sympathy. Any thoughts?

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
job Offline
Well, if your xh has a serious health condition, then he better make out a will which stipulates exactly what you and the children should receive, especially you because of the settlement issues. He also needs to up his life insurance too.

It's interesting that he's having chest pains. It may be serious and then again, it could be stress and anxiety about what he's done/doing and the fact that he owes you money. If he's taking you back to court, maybe your lawyer needs to ask for medical documentation concerning his health issue so that it can be put on the record in case he croaks any time soon.

Laying all jokes aside, he does need a will to stipulate what the children will receive, as well as any and all monies owed to you in case of his death. After all, if he dies before he pays you what he owes you, the new raspberry beret woman may not look favorably upon you and settle up the debt.

Just my two cents.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2700555 08/29/16 01:55 PM
W
OP Offline
W
So what happens if he does not have a will? Will everything go to the wife? I am guessing she could contest anything she wants to anyway if she really wanted. If I know my ex there are no assets just debts. So I don't know how that would work.

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
job Offline
If I were in your shoes, I would do some research on the matter of the estate and how this would be divided up when there is a second wife in the picture. Each state could be different in the way they handle such things. In my state, the current widow gets everything and it would be up to her if she wanted to give something to your children....but I seriously doubt she would be kind enough to do so. Unless your h stipulates in a will that he wants a certain portion of his estate to go to his children, the estate most likely will go to her. The current Mrs. Beret can contest a will until the cows come home. If the will is done properly, it will be difficult to get it overturned in court and that will cost a lot of money and time, which she doesn't have much of either, i.e., money.

Also, if he's paying into Social Security or did pay into it, your children may qualify for a monthly payment until they are either 18 or 21. Again, something you need to check into, especially the age limit.

As for the debts...they are hers to deal with! Don't be surprised that if he passes away, that she doesn't come calling wanting you and your children to help pay for the funeral expenses. Been there, done that w/my former xfil who was on his 5th wife at the time of his death. Fifth wife looks to his two sons to pay the funeral expenses because they were separated and he was living w/the current girlfriend.

I may be totally wrong, but I don't think your xh is going to cross over any time soon. Unless you've seen his medical documentation, I would sit back and just observe. It may or may not be a serious matter...but time will tell, just as the medical documentation will tell what's what. I wouldn't be too concerned until everything has settled down.

job #2700592 08/29/16 03:24 PM
W
OP Offline
W
Thanks Job

I don't know what to think. There isn't much estate to deal with. More like debt.

Not my problem but I would think if things are so stressful at the home front and he has to avoid stress at all levels then his POS wife would step it up and get a job. Take some of the burden off her man. Guess that's too much to ask.

The way I figure if the courts reduce or take away my maintenance then he still owes me the $3000 if and when the house sells. I'll just cross that bridge if and when I get there. X thinks since OG and I are living together they will discontinue my maintenance. Perhaps they will, but I trust the courts more than I trust my ex.

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard