Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
P
P
I've come to realize the only thing that may bring them back is patience on our part and time on theirs. They need time to figure things out and feel a sense of loss - right now they are enjoying their freedom too much to feel anything! We can't rush the process, rushing it will only push them further away.

I'm actually looking forward to a weekend just the two of us (D and me).

Me: 40 W: 45
T: 13, M: 11
1 D: 9

Suspect A 6/15
ILBINILWY 8/15, and 3/16
EA/PA Discovered 3/16
EA admitted 3/16
W Moved out 4/16
W opens R talk and says A over 1/17
P
poschan Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thanks SH, I appreciate and am thankful for your input.

Me: 48 WAW:40
T:14yr M:12 yr
d8
BD 2/2016
WAW moves out 6/05
P
poschan Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thanks too PL...it's a blessing to have d7 with me these last few days. Going to GAL this weekend as much as possible and work on myself. I have so many house projects on my list I don't know where to begin.

d8
BD 2/2016
WAW moves out 6/05
S
SH_ Offline
S
poschan what are you doing for GAL this weekend?
What are you doing for you?

Just wanted to get some feedback from you on the aspects of your day to day that are focused on your progress. smile

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
P
poschan Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thanks SH. d7 and I had a nice dinner Friday night and listened to some live music. Yesterday, after working in the yard for a few hot hours, a friend came over and we went kayaking and did some fishing along the way. It was nice to float on the water and watch the sunset and roll along with the waves. We talked quite a bit about my situation, friend mostly listening to me. We also discussed friends Rs and life obstacles. All in all a very good day. Woke up today feeling lonely without d7 and also thinking about past experiences with WAW. Stomach still tends to tie into knots. Trying to get some work done today since I will have d7 M and T.
My new mantra is "focus on me"

d8
BD 2/2016
WAW moves out 6/05
P
poschan Offline OP
OP Offline
P
still having trouble getting motivated in the morning for some reason. I need to do a 180 and get up earlier. I am a night owl and tend to work later into the evenings. d7 is with me today and tomorrow and d7 grandma and grandpa will be visiting which will be nice. Still haven't made a meetup activity but get the daily event feeds in my inbox. it is nice to know that there is a lot of activities out there for me to check out. i'm somewhat of a homebody so I need to get out and meet some new people. Plan to GAL Friday night and go see some live music at a private party and intend to meet some new people there.
Still find myself wondering what WAW is doing and who she maybe seeing. Not sure if I should hire a PI to investigate. Not sure how it would help my situation as I live in a no fault state. I think it would hurt even more emotionally to know but if it helps with custody it may be the right thing to do.

d8
BD 2/2016
WAW moves out 6/05
S
SH_ Offline
S
I like your new mantra. Wise words and actions to follow.

I start my day of with a jog or weight training to get moving and motivated. I listen to music that pumps me up.

Get on those meetup opportunities. No use in waiting around. Your on the right track with the GAL stuff. Just keep at it.

How does knowing if she is with someone else help with custody? Just curios if it is a no fault state, not sure that it matters.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
P
poschan Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thanks SH. You're right need to get going on the GAL activities. Since it will not likely affect custody, probably no sense in hiring a PI. Finding out any infidelity would only hurt more. I'm having a hard enough time accepting WAW walking away from the R and M without adding more fuel to the fire. d7 will be with WAW for the next 3 days so need to get some work done and find some GAL activities.

d8
BD 2/2016
WAW moves out 6/05
S
SH_ Offline
S
What new GAL activities have you come up with?
What are you doing this weekend for you?

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

P
poschan Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Been a few days since posting and still having ups and downs. had a great day with d7 on Saturday full of activities and we enjoyed them all. almost 12 hours of art, museums, carriage ride...then we even had time for a swim. I told her she could go stay with MIL FIL for his bday on sunday so I lost a day there. FIL did not seem to be thankful at all for me doing so and driving to meet them. I spent part of SUnday and Monday doing things that needed to be done around the house I did golf with a good friend on Sunday which was nice ended up playing more holes until dark after he left.
Taking d7 camping for the first time tomorrow which will be a great adventure. Looking forward to it but forgot how much stuff there is to pack...
Hope to get into a meetup group when I get back. I am also going to try some yoga and other healthy activities that I've been wanting to try. Need to change my routine and get up and out early to kickstart my day.
Still seem to have sadness in the morning and really miss d7 when she is not here but I am beginning to accept and yield to the situation.
A book was recommended that I recommend to others "A New Earth" by Eckert Tolle (sp?)
Thanks SH for checking in and "focus on me"

d8
BD 2/2016
WAW moves out 6/05
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard