Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: doodler

And then, to top it off, you mentioned cedar garden boxes. I love cedar; it's easy to work with and it's beautiful. To finish cedar I just apply several layers of tung oil and I'm done.

Yeah, I made the bad decision of choosing treated 2x12 instead of pine, because I wanted it to "hold up," only to later read about how the chemicals used in treated seep into the soil of your crops, and get sucked into the roots of your produce, NOT GOOD! So I ripped it out and used the treated wood to rebuild steps for my garage's back door to the patio.

I chose cedar because (not the price, duh), but it looks great, easy to maintain and holds up very well with the weather... I won't need to replace it every 1-2 years like I would have to if I used pine.

You go GAL! Wait, I meant, you go guy and GAL! No, maybe it's go GAL guy! That still isn't right. Oh well, you know what I mean.

I have no idea, my head used to spin because of the BD, now my head spins because of people like you! Thanks! =]

Originally Posted By: EDF
Originally Posted By: betterm
"...I am going to take that bite out of your ass so viciously that it will leave tooth marks and an imprint of my face on there for the rest of her life, good luck getting your new man to be okay with that!"

Just for the record, I am tucking that one away for use in a future convo with WW.

I'd be so honored to know that I can play a part in your future DB'ing. haha. Maybe one of the mods can create a sticky on how to respond to WAS's once you stop giving a fvkk! =]

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

...who doesn't love a lost cause?
B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
And then, to top it off, you mentioned cedar garden boxes. I love cedar;

Two questions:
1. Have you ever watched Parks and Recreation? Are you familiar with "Ron Swanson"? If not, youtube his best quotes... He's hilarious.

2. You were the one who was recently into gardening, and trying to find more plants/flowers that would grow as begonias, right?

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

L
lfm Offline
L
Totally agree with you doodler!

betterm - congratulations on the progress your making in your day to day life. Your are definitely taking GAL to a different level from what I've done for myself, so kudos to you!

Married 21
S 19
D 17, 15, 15. 7
EA/PA suspected 3/30/2016
EA/PA confirmed 4/5/2016
ILYBINILWY 4/5/2016
WW asked for Divorce 5/8/2016 (WW has backtracked)
B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
doodler & lfm...
you all have children, I do not.
The GAL is easy for me as I've always been a crazy active person, up to the point when I married my W. I realized it was mostly her manipulation, and my fear of "stirring the pot", that caused me to lose interest in all these things I once loved about myself.

To add to that list, I've stopped my constant listening of "marriage podcasts" and I'm doing a "learn in your car" foreign language course. I'm planning taking a long vacation (6 week sabbatical) to Russia during the World Cup 2018. So, I've decided to learn Russian rather than listen to "save my marriage podcasts" in the car to/from work. HAHA.

Remember, don't compare yourself to others, because each persons life is circumstantially different. I have no kids, I have a great job, good income, and I'm completely FREE! smile

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

D
D

Two questions:
1. Have you ever watched Parks and Recreation? Are you familiar with "Ron Swanson"? If not, youtube his best quotes... He's hilarious.

2. You were the one who was recently into gardening, and trying to find more plants/flowers that would grow as begonias, right?

betterm,

1. I've never watched Parks and Recreation, but I'll check out the Ron Swanson quotes.

2. Yes on the gardening thing. I've had a lot of success with begonias. I have two issues with flowering plants in my yard. One issue is that I have five large oak trees in my yard so it's a bit shady and it's hard to find flowering plants that thrive in the shade. The second issue is that deer come through my yard and they like to eat most flowering plants (except begonias). Unfortunately, there's a rabbit that comes through the yard and it seems to like begonias. The rabbit isn't as destructive as the deer, but it does eat the top-most flowers off the begonias.

D
D
betterm,

I forgot to mention; the trip to Russia sounds awesome!

B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B

1. I've never watched Parks and Recreation, but I'll check out the Ron Swanson quotes.

Yes, do it now. He's such the manliest man I aspire to be HAH!

2. I've had a lot of success with begonias.

I have Hydrangea's planted in the shady parts of my landscape. They are great, look great, but I might look for something else in the near future, as the location of our wedding took place in the largest Hydrangea Garden in the area... But I do like them, so who knows. They should grow within your requirements.

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

D
D
betterm,

I'm glad you mentioned hydrangeas; I have one hydrangea, but the blossoms have turned green. What's up with that? I've never had much success with hydrangeas. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

B
betterm Offline OP
OP Offline
B
might be a dumb question, but are you sure you don't have a variety that actually produces green blooms? haha.

Are you in the south? humid climate can have some weird effects on flowering, and I guess you may want to consider using a different type of acidic fertilizer to balance it out.

M34 W28, T7, M2
W filed D 6/7/16

D
D
might be a dumb question, but are you sure you don't have a variety that actually produces green blooms? haha.

Are you in the south? humid climate can have some weird effects on flowering, and I guess you may want to consider using a different type of acidic fertilizer to balance it out.

betterm,

It had beautiful big bright blue boisterous blossoms when I bought it. Then, after I worked my special magic, all the blossoms turned as green as the leaves. Maybe I'll try some fertilizer.

Yes, I live in the south (but I don't have the funky southern accent - really). I've seen other hydrangeas in my area that look normal, so it must be something that doodler is doing wrong or not doing right. I'll have to figure out what's going on because I want to plant more hydrangeas. (There's a really cute woman that's waaay to young for me at one of the nearby nurseries; I often feel compelled to go there and buy a plant or two just 'cause.)

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard