Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
B
B
WH, thanks for the update. I can see that the drama continues with your xh… He just doesn’t know how to “get” you anymore, he wants some attention. I’m glad your kids voiced their opinions and that you are finally able to relax about the custody threats from xh. By the way, does he still wear that famous pink beret, LOL?

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
S
S
Pink beret.......no..... shocked

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
W
OP Offline
W
LOL actually we called it "Raspberry Beret". LOL. But it isn't actually raspberry. It's more like an old man's tan color. He doesn't wear it often anymore. Of course, it's summer now so it doesn't make an appearance.

AT BD: WH 41, J 43; Bomb 2/5/2012
Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
"No matter where you go, there you are"
B
B
Thant’s right, a Raspberry Beret! I thought I was not getting it quite right, LOL. Are you saying he still wears it thought… Not in the summer time, of course…

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
W
OP Offline
W
Hey all

My ex has struck again. He called me Friday night raging over the fact that I had s remove a train that my stepfather bought him and bring it to my house. Now granted I have been out of the house for two and a half years. I argued that my family bought it for S and it should stay here. I also said since it belongs to S what difference does it make where it belongs. He told me if I did not return it immediately he would file a police report. I told him I didn't even know where Evan had the train. Again he said if I did not return it immediately he would file a police report I told him to go ahead.

So at 10 at night he dragged S down to the city police station to report me. I got a phone call from the police telling me X was down there and I really needed to return the train. I told them I would to avoid conflict but asked if it had to be that immediate moment. They said no and just to make arrangements.

I have heard nothing from ex thus far. I will return the train tonight when I pickup the kids. I feel terrible for what S had to go through. I don't know what else this idiot will do.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
job Offline
Anything to keep the drama going. If it is your son's train, then he should decide where he wants it to be. If your step-father purchased the train for your son, then it is your son's train. I think I would have a chat w/your step-father about the issue and see what he would advise...maybe he'll purchase your son another one for your house.

I am so sorry that your xh is at it again, but he's really trying to keep you and your kids sucked into the drama.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2687705 06/26/16 03:03 PM
K
kml Offline
K
Let me guess - is this train some sort of collector's item that has resale value? Or is your ex just nutty about trains and freaked out that he could no longer use it himself?

Did your son want it at your house?

I can't imagine that the police told you that you legally have to return it. Seems to me that if it came from your family, and belongs to the child, the child has the say which house it lives in. Is there really any standard to declare the kids' TOYS as property to be divided in the divorce??? Is it mentioned at all in the divorce papers??/

And yes, you ex is a gigantic weenie for putting your son through this. Good riddance.

kml #2687706 06/26/16 03:12 PM
W
OP Offline
W
Unfortunately my stepfather passed in 2008. I don't know if my mom would have any idea about it.

Of course now X says it isn't Evan's train. He claims it was a purchase from my stepdad and that he left it to X which isn't true at all. And yes it potentially has resale value. I'm not sure how much since the value of toy trains has plunged in recent years. I know this because I work for a company that specializes in hobby magazines. S will never get this train now unless my mom can prove that it belongs to her. And I am sure she has no clue or care.

The cop told me I have to return it which I don't really understand why. But I don't want S to undergo any more garbage with his dad than he already has. Something must have happened to set X off since this happened over two years ago.

Now I have to pick up the kids in 3 hours. I dread C being there. I am sure he thinks he has it over on me now.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
K
kml Offline
K
Quote:
now X says it isn't Evan's train. He claims it was a purchase from my stepdad and that he left it to X which isn't true at all.

My best guess is that the train has some resale value and your ex is aware of that (or thinks that, even if it's not true) and is willing to throw son under the bus to hold onto it for the money. What a weenie.

Also, which is it? Did he buy it from stepdad or was it willed to him? Can't be both now, can it?

kml #2687712 06/26/16 04:24 PM
W
OP Offline
W
Actually X did neither one. He went to a trainshow years ago with my stepdad and he bought that for s. I told X at the time that train was way too expensive and nice for a four year old and had him out it away until S was older. Now he acts like my stepdad bought it for him which is absolutely not true.

But it's his word vs mine now. I have no proof and the police interviewed S who told them I told him to bring it to my place. They don't care if it belongs to my family or not. I guess I would have to take X to court if I wanted it back.

X likes things. He is a hoarder and he likes to have things. And he calls me the materialistic one.

WH

Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard