Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
P
Phoebe Offline OP
OP Offline
P
So I was outside and heard the same baby bird sound again. On the ground. Again. These babies just want to die!!? I have 4 outdoor-only farm cats.

So now I have removed art three babies from the mite-infested nest, treated them with fipronil, and installed them into a clean surrogate nest (made from my egg basket lined with straw and shavings and dry grass) about 18 inches away from the original nest. AND I fed all three babies dinner while standing on the ladder.

A friend of mine says that I find more drama in nature than anyone he knows. This year I agree with his assessment. This is the second nest I've restocked, and I've moved multiple fledglings out of harm's way already.

Just about to go biking and just waiting for my biking friend to arrive.

H: 44, Me: 45
Married: 20 y Together: 25 y
no kids
Walk away: 12/15
Asked for temp separation 12/25/15
PA confirmed 3/16 (apparently neither the first, nor the last PA he has had)
H filed for D 5/16
J
J
Phoebe, your friend is wrong. You find joy in nature, not drama. And you help us see the beauty in nature through your posts too.

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
S
SH_ Offline
S
I must come see this land of yours.
The details that you share really make me want to get out of this hot dirty city and enjoy the nature I grew up in.

You are doing well in spite of the water works. I want to have more time to respond and chat with you, but it has been super busy.

Sleep well my dear friend Phoebe.

(((((Phoebe)))))

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
P
Phoebe Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Good news for anyone following the baby bird saga: I spotted the parents leaving the surrogate nest twice while I was out taking care of my chickens. Each time I was alerted to look over by the sound of hungry babies.

More later, but I just wanted to share a little bright spot! Hope you're all having a lovely day.

no kids
H filed for D 5/16
B
B
Originally Posted By: SH_
I must come see this land of yours.
The details that you share really make me want to get out of this hot dirty city and enjoy the nature I grew up in.

You are doing well in spite of the water works. I want to have more time to respond and chat with you, but it has been super busy.

Sleep well my dear friend Phoebe.

(((((Phoebe)))))

If SH is coming for a visit, I want to visit too. We can take walks, play with chicks, and NOT talk about waywards. :-)

-Blu

“Forgiveness liberates the soul. It removes fear. That is why it is such a powerful weapon.” – Nelson Mandela
J
J
Glad to hear about the birds. It is nice to put focus on something so simple. I want to come visit as well.

J
J
Phoebe, maybe you can start a bed and breakfast for dbers. Sounds like you've got a good base of clientele. smile

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
P
Phoebe Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Well, I'd love to have every one of you here! You would be most welcome.

Once again, I am feeling so very lucky to have my farm tonight. I got back here around 10:30 after my evening with my mom, and then I walked all over my fields. I sat on a rise where a deer had bedded down recently and enjoyed the warm breeze, I was practically intoxicated by the smell of sweetgrass in the fields,and mesmerized by thousands of fireflies. Just for an extra little gift, I saw a beautiful little skunk (within about 10 feet of me!) as I strolled my mowed paths. He headed back into the understory when he saw me.

After my walkabout I came back to my yard and lay down on my outdoor glider and enjoyed the peaceful evening and some bonding time with one of my cat friends. He decided he wanted to sleep on my chest for the first time. Mind you, this guy was too skittish to even let me near him for over a year! Such a lovely creature. I'm still outside now and it's almost midnight. It's too nice to be indoors.

It's been a good day overall. I had a really good session with my therapist, and he sent me home with yet more reading. i told him about my dream and he smiled and said one certainly didn't need to be Freud to be able to interpret that one!

I went hiking afterward, which was wonderful, though it was warm to be hiking in jeans, then I spent the whole evening with my mom, who is sweet and funny, before coming back here to my farm.

Feeling very grateful. Time for my evening commute to my sleeping quarters. I wish everyone a good sleep and gentle dreams.

no kids
H filed for D 5/16
S
SH_ Offline
S
It is so good to hear of your peaceful day.

((((phoebe))))

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
P
Phoebe Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I had a busy day on the farm today and I am one tired puppy. I worked today mowing paths in my fields with a riding mower from 3-8:30. The paths make it so I can walk around because the grass is head high in a lot of places now. I know that doesn't sound like work, but just staying on board while that mower bounces all over the place (the ground is dry and hard as a rock right now) takes effort! Plus I ran out of gas more than once, and each time was about a 1/2 mile walk round trip. Then I got the silly mower stuck at the end of the day, so more walking to go collect the real tractor and eating humble pie when I called in my dad to help by driving said tractor while I drove the mower.

I didn't get a chance to eat more than a couple granola bars between breakfast and dinner at 11 pm. i don't know why food is still such a chore, but if I'm off my game for a couple days and slack in my efforts to push food, like today, I lose a bit more weight. I am still so rarely hungry, and I forget to eat when I'm busy. Bottom line: I'm down a bit more again. Drat.

This morning I tried to work on a list of monthly expenses and a net worth statement for my L, and that was remarkably unpleasant. I'm not even close to finished and I just gave up for the day. It made me feel bad to have to go searching for all that information, especially when I don't have a lot of it. H does.

Not much else going on today, except that I got a notice in my mailbox that I have certified mail at the PO that I'll have to sign for. D papers, I assume, so I didn't bother to go get them. I just don't feel very motivated to assist the process servers. Maybe Monday. I wonder why they haven't been able to serve me in person when I'm at my house every single day. It'll be three weeks tomorrow since they left first tipped their hand and left a card on my door. H must not be paying very much to these folks.

I'm off to my sleeping quarters. Good night!

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard