Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#2682809 06/03/16 02:10 AM
R
roist Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Previous threads recap

My last thread is almost full so I am starting a new one. I'll update asap. Thanks for joining me.

R 25 years
M 14 years
S11 & S13
Working on it alone since Oct 2014
M in trouble a lot earlier (~2 years)
Feb 2016. 1st R chat in a yr.
Next R chat Aug'17
Still together
roist #2683069 06/04/16 04:40 AM
M
M
Just stopping by to say hello, I am going to try to get on more often. How is your corner of the universe manifesting itself?

“Character is destiny” Heraclitus
mutatio #2683156 06/04/16 05:10 PM
V
V
Welcome to your new thread Roiste

And thank you for looking in on me

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Vanilla #2683189 06/04/16 09:37 PM
R
roist Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks guys for dropping by. I'll update during the week.

R 25 years
M 14 years
S11 & S13
Next R chat Aug'17
Still together
roist #2683723 06/07/16 02:10 AM
R
roist Offline OP
OP Offline
R
There seemed to be a change happening in my situation,iinme , in W or all if the above. It is subtle and I cannot even determine if it is good or bad.

For my part, I am pretty Ok. But my thoughts are not clear do hopefully by typing here I will get some clarity.

One evening last week I overreacted (internally)
to a negative interaction with W. I am sure my reaction was more due to me than her behaviour. We were at the table with our boys and I felt I was going to explode. I didn't want to be there, not like this. This built and built. I was beyond angry. I needed to get out of there. But I refused to give into an irrational feeling. Straight after putting my son to bed while W was putting other son to bed I went to the basement and exercised through it. It was either that or go somewhere in the car. I still don't understand what happened but maybe it had to do with me rereading all my threads.

This moment was very isolated and I rarely felt so strongly.It was definitely a FLIGHT reaction. In that moment I wanted out of there ad fast as possiblej However that is not representative of how I feel in general.

That moment made me realise that I had become too comfortable in our situation. I could not leave if I really wanted to. I have not taken the steps necessary to be able to do that.I am talking practical and financial stuff. I think that mentally and emotionally I could cope if W left tomorrow. And that c ould happen. I don't think it will but she could. I am not going to work towards that eventuality but I want to be better prepared.

When we are alone I often have something to do though I balance my availability. When I am available and interactions are poor I go do something else.

In the last week there has been more good conversation than in a long time. I appreciate this. It is nice. I am even getting chances to validate,though nowhere close to R talk . We are having good interaction, she is engaged, with good eye contact and smiles etc. In my head I am WOW what is that about? BUT whilst appreciating it, I am thinking it is no big deal if we can talk good. But it is a big deal. It just isn't enough for me. Earlier this would have been a huge step forward.

I appreciate having my W and everything she does. I appreciate going to bed with her every night. I appreciate the few quick kisses each day +good morning, good night, goodbye and hello). I appreciate the physical contact when we watch TV on couch or read in bed. Yes maybe these are crumbs or the last strands by which my M stands. My situation is going to be long so I appreciate this much.... without selling myself short for settling for this.

I have not explained myself fully but that will have to do for now.

I have run out of time.So i'll just mention my W briefly. My w started wearing a ring on the wedding finger more often. I think she should wear one all the time but I guess that is not a boundary I can implement at this stage. But it will be brought up if we ever get to work on this together.

She has also refound motivation for projects around the house, which is good.

I could be wrong but it seems that she either puts on the ring(show to others) or she is open to conversation (show to me) but doesn't do both at once! I observe the goods signs. Appreciate them even. But I guess I am past signs. It will take more.

One last thing before I go. Recently I bought a book about parenting it is for me and a parenting style that resonates with me. It is a great opportunity to discuss something that is important to both of us. BUTi have held back doing so. I don't understand why. At least it shows that I got the book for ME and not to prove to her I am trying to improve. It is curious that I have not used an obvious occasion to discuss something important.I need to reflect on my reasons for this further.

Congratulations to anyone who read all of that. Thanks for stopping by.

R 25 years
M 14 years
S11 & S13
Next R chat Aug'17
Still together
roist #2683725 06/07/16 02:25 AM
R
roist Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I miss the edit button!! Typos apart, here are two quick precisions.

After I did my sport the night I mentioned above, we had good interaction.

I am still following my path of self growth . I'll update on that shortly. My focus is mostly on that, though I have started listening to some comedians at work instead of mostly self help stuff.

Best wishes

R 25 years
M 14 years
S11 & S13
Next R chat Aug'17
Still together
roist #2683733 06/07/16 04:28 AM
Z
Z
we will always be here for you and read all of your stuff.

I am glad that you were able to work theough your anger with excersize. in5hink that is constructive rather than exploding at the dinner table.

how is that fitnwss aspect going in general?

your wife is still not there. wearing the ring could be a sign to you or not. just remeber for years she didn't want to show you any hope for a.future, that is one common sign whether affair, WAW or mlc position for wifee...they just can't show you any hope....and it takes a looking time to reverse that position, it just does and it will not happen like a switch. you aren't forcing it so it is by her choice....thst is important down the line.

I would not view this as any particular sign. I would continue to focus on your so nothing wink approach (I was looking for that post the other day but it must have been lost). I would also try to perhaps find a.way for you two to have a nice night out soon. I understand the hardship to doing so. I think it will be worth it.

you are doing spectacularly.

M - 40's
W - 30's
Two Sons
Living together
Zephyr #2683743 06/07/16 05:14 AM
R
roist Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks as ever Z. Recently when I copied different posts from my previous threads, a lot were yours. Thank you for this ongoing support. Strange you cannot find a post, because at the moment everything in all my threads is up on the board.

My fitness levels are not as good as I would like, but I manage to do stuff that fit people can do. I am generally tired and cannot shake it fully. But I do sport a few times a week even if I don't feel up to it. I have never regretted forcing myself to go!!

I don't dwell on such possible signs anymore. It was just a curiosity and as I don't share much anymore, I decided to see what others thought.

My W is free to do whatever she wants. I will be the lighthouse as best I can. If things slip further I can accept that but I may stop pretending to be a couple. If she wants out, she will get no resistance from me. If my boundaries are crossed I will act accordingly. I am definitely not forcing.

Thank you for the cheerleading.

R 25 years
M 14 years
S11 & S13
Next R chat Aug'17
Still together
roist #2684766 06/10/16 04:29 PM
M
M
Just wanted to say hi. I tried to write something supportive but I'm just not feeling it. I hope you get what you need roist. Peace

“Character is destiny” Heraclitus
mutatio #2684890 06/11/16 09:41 AM
Z
Z
how ya holding up?

it is scorching hot here and I love it. last weekend of soccer, so will have more me time...as I hope you are making for yourself.

vhhers!

M - 40's
W - 30's
Two Sons
Living together
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard