Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
OP Offline
S
Boy have I been ill this week. It has knocked the heck out of me. Still on the couch. Still barely eating. The antibiotics wreak havoc on me and the heartburn is unbelievable. I would not wish this min anyone! Lost 8 lbs in 6 days.

Josh came up after work last night. A day earlier than usual. He takes good care of me. This makes me feel better. Just to not be alone.

Ex has not seen Ryan in 6 months. Not asked about him in over a month. Not replied to Ashley's texts. Apparently he did meet up with Brandon for his birthday. Only one kid can get anything I guess.

On the good news front - Ashley has met a new guy who has swept her off her feet. She says this is different and so much better than anyone before. He has a good job, a house, interests other than video games (a problem with most guys she has dated). He likes outdoors things like fishing (she is avid for a girl), builds bird feeders, plants veggies etc. so much more to him than beer drinking and online stuff ( he doesn't even have Internet). So this has improved her spirits.

All 3 kids will be here for Mothers Day. First time in a while. I'm so grateful!

Barb

G
G
I'm sorry you have been feeling so awful, but I'm glad Josh came up early to be with you so you have some company and someone to take care of you. he's a good man!

Sounds like the ex is a lost soul and has no clue how to find himself, let alone his children. It almost comes to a point of pity. But seriously, his loss. I'm sad for the kids though. I am very happy for Ashley! Sounds like she met a great match! Interested in the same things and has motivation. And all 3 kids for Mothers day will make it really special. You deserve that. I hope you feel better so you can enjoy maybe a glass of wine and some good food! Keep healing!

S
OP Offline
S
Mothers Day was nice despite the fact I was still so sick. But Josh cooked and the kids helped and I was glad they were here.

Ex crawled out of his hole last night and sent me a text. Asked to see Ryan in 2 weeks. Unbelievable! Didn't ask how he was or anything. It will have been more than 7 months since he saw him. I just agreed to it and said no more.

Now Ashley is coming over for advice today. Not sure if it is A- about him, B- about the boyfriend or C - job/ money related... I guess I will see.

Feeling some better. Not 100% but definitely "out of the woods". Lost a couple of weeks there...

Barb

S
OP Offline
S
So I am slowly recovering from my Diverticulitis attack. Wow - it has been 5 weeks now. I'm having more good days than bad but it seems like 2 steps forward, one step back. Josh has been amazing. Taking over so many of my chores and assisting me with the things I'm trying to do at the cottages. It's all coming together slowly. Had a full week rental last week and a weekend this week. The weather has been fantastic so an early start was possible.

Ashley brought her new man to dinner last week. Josh did most of the cooking (it was awesome)& we went for a boat ride. I quite like him and can see why she thinks he could be "the one".

One of the wealthiest businessmen in our town comes regularly onto Ashley's bank. He has often commented on how impressed he is with her work skills, attitude etc. then he came into the coffee shop she works part time at to supplement her income. Asked her why she was there - didn't the bank pay her enough? Umm, no... Ended up offering her a receptionist, bookkeeper in training job for one of his businesses. She will basically double her pay and get weekends off! Just as reduced hours were coming to the bank. She had to say yes. We did some research and it turns out he is pretty good to work for. Most employees have been there for years. Some will retire before long so that is one reason he is looking formhard working, trustworthy younger employees. So everything is coming up roses for Ashley!

But Chuck has still not contacted her. She was here earlier today and said (with tears) that she wanted to share with her Dad about her new boyfriend and her new job. She was miffed that he has seen each of her brothers in the past month but made no effort with her. I suggested maybe she just suck it up and call him, especially since it was making her sad. She said she feels he has become the child in their relationship and he is sulking right now because she wasn't happy with him when they last spoke a few months ago. I agree with her but still want her to see if they can get past it because it makes her sad.

Summer is shaping up. I'm heading to NIagara this weekend to visit and help care for my dad. I will also be attending my first dance recital since my career ended suddenly 7 years ago. It is run by one of my former students whose career I have inspired. One of my favourite former students will be performing - a man with Downs Syndrome. I taught him since he was 5 and when I closed the studio - I found a place for him to continue. I will be so glad to see him and his family. I feel that this will be healing for me. It is time... Today I learned that the recital is in Chucks neighborhood, very close to where he lives. Just hope I don't run into him. Things like that always seem to happen...

And that's my update from way up north. Time for me to get off the couch...

Barb

G
G
I'm glad you are feeling better and have good support with Josh.

Yay for Ashley! For her boyfriend and her job opportunity. I used to manage a cell phone store in a very wealthy town (I say manage because I was the only one there all the time) and I had a customer who came in from time to time and he had told me one day he was very impressed by my sales abilities and how I always remembered everything about him, his wife, and his kids, personally and preofessionally. He was a big wig at a bank in investments. he asked me to come in for an interview to be a sales associate and he said it was a great way to climb the ladder and become a stock broker. I bombed the interview with the bigs wigs, I was 22 and nervous as could be..... but it's always great to use all oppurtunities that present themselves..

Her father is an idiot, to be missing out on his daughter's life. I used ot be the hugest grudge holder, but I realize that when it makes you feel so horrible, it is best to be the bigger person and reach out. I hope she does, and I hope he reciprocates like an adult.

S
OP Offline
S
Yes, I hope she does reach out to him. But she feels like a dad should care about what's going on in her life. He is one Big Loser!

Ashley learned so much in her baton and dance training and a big part of it was how to be interviewed. So she aced that part. I always worry that some bigwig is hiring her for the wrong reasons - she is very attractive but maybe I worry needlessly. I've taught her the smarts to handle herself so I'm sure she will be fine.

Things are shaping up. I hope it all comes together.

Barb

job Offline
Barb,
I'm glad to come here and read that you are feeling better. You are so lucky that Josh has been there to support and help you while you've been under the weather.

I'm very happy to read that Ashley's heading to a better job w/a better salary. She'll do well and will move up the ladder in no time. After all, you are her biggest supporter and you will be there to listen and provide advice along the way if she needs it.

I hope things are okay w/your father. Please take care of yourself.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Job!

I really appreciate your support and good will.

It's so nice to have Ashley nearby. Lately she has been popping in on her lunch. It's so nice. The new job will also be in our small town so I expect it will continue.

Josh has been heading up a day earlier than he used to. He is so good to me and has really taken over a lot of the care of our kitties. It's a shame he never was a dad because he is very nurturing and kind. Although Ashley doesn't really see him as a father figure - she does ask his advice at times, has him do her taxes and they now often share cooking tips as they both have a passion for it.

Dad is hanging in there. He has recovered from his Shingles, has his humor back and life goes on. I often find him confused and at times a bit grumpy but I am truly grateful to have him. I will enjoy our time together. He has already warned me he plans to beat me at our board games. I'm ready for that!

May was rough for me but June will be better. I'm enthused about working on my little cottages and bookings keep coming in. This week we wallpapered over the funky retro paper in one kitchen with a cool "rock" wall and added a Seadoo for me to get back out on my favourite lake.

My life is good!

Barb

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard