Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
B
FY, I hope you have a great year too! I’m so happy to read that things are continue to improve between you and your W. Your timeline of 4 years gives me some prospective. Maybe I will wait for a little longer to see if the fog clears out my H’s head and he realizes that true mature love is not a feeling, but a decision.

I’m also an introvert. I always knew that and I thought that feeling uncomfortable in some crowds was normal for me. Over the years I learnt to find my comfort zone in almost any crowd. It could be a challenge sometimes. Being an introvert also made my GAL activities somewhat difficult, I had to force myself to go out and meet people. I have a group of friends now who are extraverts and it makes my life a lot easier when I’m with them. I will check out that book when I have a chance. Thanks for your support on my thread, always!

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
F
OP Offline
F
Just a brief update.

My wife and I continue to be close… each of us present for the other. Sharing our lives and helping in all the ways we can. A true commitment to each other!

I continue to learn a lot about myself, and have certainly fine-tuned a few things over the last 4+ years. It has not gone unnoticed, and surely has to be a contributing factor in her staying.

Wife too, continues to work on herself and does things to please e… even recently sharing some information she found that’s related to what she’s been dealing with personally.

I’m so glad we both hung in there through the tough stuff.

After 2 and a half years of talking about it and putting it off, we FINALLY got W a new car, and it’s a nice one… a Mercedes Benz 2 door coupe. Boy is it slick, and YIKES does she look good in it! There's talk of a road trip in our future.

In June we fly to a fancy Caribbean resort for our Anniversary. Yay!

Stuck in a rut? Try something new. I had to poke my sitch a bit a little over a year ago. I was ready for change, and sensed the time was right for something new to “work”. Pay close attention, and you will know when the time is right too.

Thanks everyone and Bust On!

M: A really long time.
Crisis: 5 years.
She's still worth it.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
job Offline
FY,

I'm so happy that you posted an update. Gosh! A new car for your w and an anniversary trip coming up. Things are looking better and better all the time for you and your wife.

All of the hard work has paid off. Congratulations!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
FY, thank you so much for your updates. For the long-timers, like me, it's so encouraging to read posts from others who've hung in there for the long haul and had positive things happen.

I hope your anniversary trip to the Caribbean is spectacular. You both deserve it.

Me: 59 and holding
H: :53
Me: 1 S, 1 D, both grown
M: 19
T: 23
BD: 9-23-2013
B
B
FY, I’m so happy to hear that things are allowing progressing in the right direction between you and your W. Mercedes coup! Wow!

Originally Posted By: ForeverYoung
Stuck in a rut? Try something new. I had to poke my sitch a bit a little over a year ago. I was ready for change, and sensed the time was right for something new to “work”. Pay close attention, and you will know when the time is right too.
This is something I need to think about. I feel like I’ve lost the sense of urgency for certain things and let just them happen. I need to pay attention.

Thanks for always stopping by my thread.

Have a great anniversary vacation!

B
B
Where is the Edit button? "Slowly progressing", not "allowing...

R
R
Hey FY, how are you doing? I hope everything is okay.....

Linda

Me 65, Ex 64
M 38 y
2 adult S, 4 G-Kids
MLC 11/07
BD 12/09
D 3/14
Dating nice guy 7/14
Engaged to nice guy 12/17
F
OP Offline
F
Linda, long time no hear! I trust all is well with you and your sons. Things are going well in Foreverland, thanks for asking. Job, 2 times and Bright, thanks too for the well wishes and for checking in.

Vacation was great, even though we both got bitten up by sand flees on the beach… and I got traveler’s diarrhea on the final day. D’oh! We did some snorkeling, gym workouts, spa massages, fancy dining, drinking, and just hanging out relaxing/reading at the beach or pool. The best perk of my wife’s job is that we can take these all inclusive trips at great discount.

“Slowly progressing” is a good way to put it, Bright. My wife is still searching for meaning and purpose, but is comfortable telling me of her discontent. It helps that she knows I'm present for her whenever she opens up to me.

We do almost everything together, but do have a few separate friends and activities. While it has improved, our physical relationship is not as far along as I would like it to be. But I understand why, and will continue to be patient. I think it’s normal human nature to always want more, never be satisfied. The trick, I think, is to be happy with what we have and where we are.

My wife and I make such a great team and have such a long history together that there is no place I’d rather be. THIS is Love!

Bust On, everyone!

M: A really long time.
Crisis: 5 years.
She's still worth it.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
job Offline
FY,
I'm so happy you posted an update!

I'm tickled to read that the vacation was great and you both had a good time except for those couple of "kinks" along the way. So where do you think you and your wife will head next?

FY, you learned the lessons and have been patient and compassionate. You've done the hard, necessary work and your wife is attempting to catch up. Continue to be patient because it's going to be well worth it when she gets to the finish line.

You are such an inspiration and the posters need to read your threads to see that there are times when patience, time, space, compassion, listening skills and also focusing on yourself do pay off.

I'm so proud of you!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
E
E
Quote:
The trick, I think, is to be happy with what we have and where we are.

Ayep.... progress is progress.

Nice update.

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard