Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
T
tkdmme Offline OP
OP Offline
T
SH,

Don't get me wrong. I love playing golf. I am terrible at it but I still love it. My S11 however is amazing. He plays from the ladies Tees but usually beats me by a stroke on every hole lol.

I do appreciate the advise and you are absolutely right. I shouldn't go to play tonight. Unfortunately I am under contract for 3 nights in May. This being the third. I cant cancel at this point. Im just going to have to do it sober.

I stared playing in the clubs when I was 17 years old. They let me in to play but I wasn't allowed to leave the stage. I remember looking around and thinking i would never be like these people. I would never be making a fool of myself and stumbling around like an idiot. I remember some of the men i played with. They were in their 40s. I thought "how depressing, these old men still playing these clubs. I would never be like that. Im going to be rock star."

Fast forward to the present. Im the old man behind the piano. However, it pays well and to honest, it makes me happy to know that i am bringing some joy to other people. It sounds corny i know but its the truth.

I have 2 nights booked in June. After that im done.

M:39
W:40
S:10
S:7
D:12
BD:3/5/15
Separate BR:3/5/15
W moved out with kids 1/3/16
S
S
"I'll do my best to abstain"

That sounds a little wishy washy to me. If anyone buys you an alcoholic drink, maybe just let them know - you've given up drinking - or announce it on the Mike even....

Hope the event goes well and I look forward to hearing how pleased you are with yourself because you were able not to have a drink.

Have a lovely soda pop on me!! X

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
S
SH_ Offline
S
Then please make sure that you have a plan and stick to it.

Bring some bottles of water, a bucket to dump the drinks out that you are tipped, or whatever works. You have a number of days sober.

Please keep it that way.

Keep encouraging s11 with the golf. That is very cool

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
T
tkdmme Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Sotto,

I agree wishy washy. Im going to play piano tonight without drinking alcohol. I think that's a better statement!

Who knows maybe ill play better lol!

SH,

today is day 5. I knew I would have no problem during the week. I go to bed very early. I am up at 4:45 for work every weekday. I also had several things going on during the evenings this week. Its the weekends that usually get me. The alone time. I pick the kids up tomorrow morning and I don't drink when they are around. After tonight it should smooth sailing for the rest of the weekend.

As for the s11 and his golfing. he is a natural and I encourage him in everything he does.

I have awesome kids. They are all so talented and extremely smart and to honest STBX is a great mother. For this I am very grateful.

S
SH_ Offline
S
Originally Posted By: tkdmme
Sotto,

I agree wishy washy. Im going to play piano tonight without drinking alcohol. I think that's a better statement!

Who knows maybe ill play better lol!

This is a good statement.
What are you going to do instead?
I ask this, as bad habits are hard to break when one simply says they are going to obtain from doing it.
Habits become easier to break, when one replaces the bad habit with something else.

So what will you do instead of drinking?

I don't mean to keep pushing you on this, but I want to see you succeed.

And I am certain your playing will be better when sober.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
S
SH_ Offline
S
Just checking in with you tk.

How did things go last night?

Hope all is well and that you have a great day with the kids today.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

S
SH_ Offline
S
Checking in.

I hope your day with the kids was a good one for you.

I hope to hear that you are doing well after your gig last night.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

S
S
Yes, I'm checking in too TK - I hope the gig went well for you and you're having a good weekend.

Remember, we are looking out for you and keen to help.

Xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
T
tkdmme Offline OP
OP Offline
T
The gig went well.

I did have 3 beers though. Im sorry i let you all down.

Golf with the kids was great. I took my son and nephew. They both beat me lol.

I went to the cookout with my stbx family. I stayed about an hour then went home.

Waw sister is in town and the kids didnt stay with me last night. Im ok this morning but a little down and feeling lonely. Its raining here and i had trouble sleeping last night.

Its going to be a long day

S
SH_ Offline
S
It's good to hear from you tk

Alright, you have a good connection with s11. That is a great activity to keep up with him. You better get out to the driving range and practice so you can compete with him. Or is it the putting game you need to work on. Lol.

Okay, so on a serious note. The gig's. You have a couple more. They seem to be a place of challenge for you. I am guessing 3 beers does not make you drunk, but for your current condition, they are still sliding you backwards, and this can not be an option.
So first, be sure to forgive yourself for the back slide. Next you need a better plan for the next gig. You can not go in and just hope for the best. You must have a specific plan.

tk, I can't say that I know how hard it is and will be for you. But I can say I know that there are people in your life that are counting on you and need you to be whole and heal from this sickness. You and only you can decide how you are going to do it.
I have learned and taught my children, that decisions based on principles must be made before we are standing in the place where temptation will be. That is the only way to overcome temptation.

Please heed this teaching. You need it. Your family needs it.

I will continue to be here to support you.

Have a wonderful day, and get out in that rain and enjoy it a bit for me. I live in a desert and have the opportunity to see rain but a handful of days in the year. So enjoy some rain for me today. smile

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard