Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
J
J
Hey zues

I love reading about how your patience and positivity is rewarded with really good things.

It's funny, when husband and I first moved in with my parents I actually thought "this is great. I will have people to go out and do things with, talk to, and I won't be as lonely" And that part remains true for me. Although I still haven't gotten used to accepting that my dad walks the cat on a leash, and that they still watch Colombo on their box tv (which they actually paid more money to buy because for some reason they didn't want a flat screen) and that my mother actually made a chart of mph to Km conversions so my dad would not get a speeding ticket on their trip to Canada...but that is life.

Congrats on great family time, advances in work, and further detachment.

PS. I am sure your mother is thrilled to be able to help out in this way.

Hugs

J.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
S
S
Happy Father's Day Zues. I hope your day is filled with good things.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
Q
Q
I'm really glad to read your story and see how you've come through the other side happy and at peace. Best wishes to you zues

Me-45, W-37, T-10 yrs, M-9 yrs
D -7 yrs, S-5 yrs
BD-5/3/16, D filed 6/8/16

V
V
Go Zues go Zues go Zues

The most positive Zues Ever!

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Z
Zues126 Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Happy fathers day to all you LBHs out there. Thanks for checking in guys.

Things may be going better, but life can still be challenging. That said, I have a better skill set to get through it.

Yesterday my pool league finished up and had our season end tournament. Winner gets an expense trip to the year end tournament in vegas with a shot at some decent money. My team is pretty much a dead lock to win the tournament, but you never can take those things lightly. All it takes is one bad set. So I got pretty fired up and played my hardest, we won pretty handily but it was fun to get my blood flowing and play some good pool. I love competing. It's a good channel for my intensity. It's like I take all of my frustration and anger, pain and hurt, and just turn it all into this center of the sun hot smoldering fury that I use to will my way through any adversity between me and the finish line, and everything in the world fades away and I can just totally zone out. So that was nice.

My dad came over to visit and we had a good evening. He said he was having breakfast with my sister and asked if I would join. He has been applying a bit of pressure for me to reconnect with her, and this has been hard for me. I have no desire to. But nor do I want to escalate a blood feud in my family. At times I really resented my father pressuring me, and felt like explaining that I might never talk to my sister again and if he couldn't respect he could join her on the 'dead to me list' too real quick...but this is where I have grown. I just shrugged, took a breath, and reminded myself that while that's how I feel, feelings are just feelings, and they don't get to steer my ship. It was father's day after all, and the least I can do is accept this invite, and I do believe that was the right thing to do. So I joined them for breakfast, and we spent a couple of hours together, and it was fine. I am not interested in getting any closer, but I don't need to start a war either.

Then I picked up my kids. It wasn't my day with them but I had them from 12-4 as it is FD. My dad and I took them to a park, then we walked down to the banks of the Mississippi River. They waded around, skipped rocks, and stuff like that. There was a log that looked a LOT like an alligator coming our way, but unfortunately I am not in FL so it was just a log. Then we went and saw Jungle Book.

Now's where it gets tough. I guess I'm an emotional guy. The internal debate and morning with my sister had some type of cost. And watching kids movies always makes me emotional, it's so predictable but I just go for it hook line and sinker. So maybe I was in a vulnerable spot. But when I dropped the kids off XW was there with her new guy and I just felt really sick. My dad asked me if I was ok after we left and I said yes, but I had a hard time concentrating on what he was talking about. The fact is that none of this is ok. And while I am doing better, I don't pretend like this will ever be ok. It is wrong, it is twisted, it is an abomination. All of the emotions of the day just took a toll, the exhaustion from fighting at work, and the anxiety about how tough my job is, and how stressed I am about it, and everything else. And how much it stinks that on Fathers Day, when I had this wonderful experience with my kids, it had to be tainted with this horrible nightmarish experience and be reminded that my life is permanently crippled. I was pretty bottomed out for while.

But again, I've learned a bit. I knew these were just feelings, and they'd pass. So after my dad left I played some chess and relaxed for a bit, and calmed down. I'm ok again. It will be fine. I'm still a bit emotional. I still have powerful negative feelings towards XW, sister, divorce, and anyone that wants to rug sweep the perversion it is. But that is part of being human. I also have my DB friends, my chess game (soon to be my pool table!), and some good friends that deeply care for me. Oh, and my kids are coming back tomorrow and Tuesday, then Friday-Wednesday of next week, because they live here now. So screw all of them, I'm letting it go and going back to appreciating my blessings.

Cliff notes-
Divorce stinks eternally
Feelings aren't always fun but are no big deal
We all have plenty to be appreciative of so focus on that
DB forums are one of those things because I am not sharing this with anyone else. Thank you guys.

Me:38 XW:38
T:11 years M:8 years
Kids: S14, D11, D7
BD/Move out day: 6/17/14, D final Dec 15
Z
Zues126 Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Happy fathers day to all you LBHs out there. Thanks for checking in guys.

Things may be going better, but life can still be challenging. That said, I have a better skill set to get through it.

Yesterday my pool league finished up and had our season end tournament. Winner gets an expense trip to the year end tournament in vegas with a shot at some decent money. My team is pretty much a dead lock to win the tournament, but you never can take those things lightly. All it takes is one bad set. So I got pretty fired up and played my hardest, we won pretty handily but it was fun to get my blood flowing and play some good pool. I love competing. It's a good channel for my intensity. It's like I take all of my frustration and anger, pain and hurt, and just turn it all into this center of the sun hot smoldering fury that I use to will my way through any adversity between me and the finish line, and everything in the world fades away and I can just totally zone out. So that was nice.

My dad came over to visit and we had a good evening. He said he was having breakfast with my sister and asked if I would join. He has been applying a bit of pressure for me to reconnect with her, and this has been hard for me. I have no desire to. But nor do I want to escalate a blood feud in my family. At times I really resented my father pressuring me, and felt like explaining that I might never talk to my sister again and if he couldn't respect he could join her on the 'dead to me list' too real quick...but this is where I have grown. I just shrugged, took a breath, and reminded myself that while that's how I feel, feelings are just feelings, and they don't get to steer my ship. It was father's day after all, and the least I can do is accept this invite, and I do believe that was the right thing to do. So I joined them for breakfast, and we spent a couple of hours together, and it was fine. I am not interested in getting any closer, but I don't need to start a war either.

Then I picked up my kids. It wasn't my day with them but I had them from 12-4 as it is FD. My dad and I took them to a park, then we walked down to the banks of the Mississippi River. They waded around, skipped rocks, and stuff like that. There was a log that looked a LOT like an alligator coming our way, but unfortunately I am not in FL so it was just a log. Then we went and saw Jungle Book.

Now's where it gets tough. I guess I'm an emotional guy. The internal debate and morning with my sister had some type of cost. And watching kids movies always makes me emotional, it's so predictable but I just go for it hook line and sinker. So maybe I was in a vulnerable spot. But when I dropped the kids off XW was there with her new guy and I just felt really sick. My dad asked me if I was ok after we left and I said yes, but I had a hard time concentrating on what he was talking about. The fact is that none of this is ok. And while I am doing better, I don't pretend like this will ever be ok. It is wrong, it is twisted, it is an abomination. All of the emotions of the day just took a toll, the exhaustion from fighting at work, and the anxiety about how tough my job is, and how stressed I am about it, and everything else. And how much it stinks that on Fathers Day, when I had this wonderful experience with my kids, it had to be tainted with this horrible nightmarish experience and be reminded that my life is permanently crippled. I was pretty bottomed out for while.

But again, I've learned a bit. I knew these were just feelings, and they'd pass. So after my dad left I played some chess and relaxed for a bit, and calmed down. I'm ok again. It will be fine. I'm still a bit emotional. I still have powerful negative feelings towards XW, sister, divorce, and anyone that wants to rug sweep the perversion it is. But that is part of being human. I also have my DB friends, my chess game (soon to be my pool table!), and some good friends that deeply care for me. Oh, and my kids are coming back tomorrow and Tuesday, then Friday-Wednesday of next week, because they live here now. So screw all of them, I'm letting it go and going back to appreciating my blessings.

Cliff notes-
Divorce stinks eternally
Feelings aren't always fun but are no big deal
We all have plenty to be appreciative of so focus on that
DB forums are one of those things because I am not sharing this with anyone else. Thank you guys.

Me:38 XW:38
T:11 years M:8 years
Kids: S14, D11, D7
BD/Move out day: 6/17/14, D final Dec 15
J
J5K Offline
J
Zues,

I am sorry you had to see OM on FD. I can only imaging the disgust you were feeling and how it affects your family.

I hope you have a good week.

H-46 XW-38 T-7 M-6
S-9,8,8,6,4
S 11/30/15, I filed 12/8/15
EA 2/1/16 D dismissed 3/24/16
PA 3/18/16 confirmed 4/22/16
XW files for D 4/1/16 - D final 11/17/16
Finally moving forward...
S
S
Originally Posted By: Zues126
There was a log that looked a LOT like an alligator coming our way, but unfortunately I am not in FL so it was just a log.

Humans see what they want to see.
― Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
F
F
Hey Zues, I still read here and there and wanted to say hi. I feel similar to you on D, you aren't alone with viewing it as a murder. Kids movies will do it to me also. Last year inside out and the volcano short wrecked me. Took mine to Finding Dory day before father's day. Should have known I would get emotional also as finding Nemo was me and ex's first date. I remember a flashback during the movie to the original and looked to my left see D5 right where ex would be 13 years prior. But ad you said, feelings come and go.

None of it is fair, but it is life that have to accept and live through as best we can. That [censored] about OM. I haven't ran into OM2 yet as I think she intentionally avoids us meeting but I see his kids at her house frequently so I understand how difficult that would be with him in person.

I think your doing an amazing job growing and developing into a new person. There has been many challenges to you on this board in thinking and I've appreciated watching you evolve. You take in others perspectives and try to incorporate it while respecting your own core values. I see that isn't easy but you're traveling your own path in life and that's what's matters.

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be
Q
Q
Quote:
and be reminded that my life is permanently crippled.

It's not. You are still relatively fresh from your D, in time these feelings will fade for you. When you have your new woman it will seem silly to you.

Me-45, W-37, T-10 yrs, M-9 yrs
D -7 yrs, S-5 yrs
BD-5/3/16, D filed 6/8/16

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard