Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi Fogg,
Hope everything's getting better for you.

I have minimal contact with xh and I will like to keep it that way. Minimal contact with xfil too. It's better for my sanity and emotions this way.

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
The day is bright and sunny, and the great weather is helping my pma tremendously.

Now I finally get why I am so drawn to the white and bright feel of scandinavian interior design. And why I was so GD depressed in the former matrimonial flat.

It was so dark and dreary. And whatever negative feelings I had seemed to be magnified many folds. Bridge under the water but I wonder if a change of lighting would have made things slightly better in the old flat?

I realised that it's time to haul my a$$ (which is admittedly getting heavier) and start doing something great with my life. In terms of GAL and setting goals and getting things done, I was so much better.

Now it's like I am just doing the bare minimum to while away the days and make it to the next bedtime.

I guess it's time to put on my alter-ego, and set the world on fire again. Need to channel my inner Katniss again. Why did I ever let her go?

J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Got my first ever Mother's Day card from kid. Since kid doesn't have much money with her, xh would have bought it for her. What does it take to get a Mother's Day card around here? A few violent outbursts, 1 TP, 1 A, a few horrible rumours about me, and a D. The irony isn't lost on me.

But of couse I have learnt to stfu and managed to thank xh through text. I. Just. Couldnt. Do. It. In. Person.

And then for some unknown reason, I accidentally made a video call to xh. I was mortfied and had no idea how I had managed to do that. Ended it quickly enough and which he didnt pick up. Not surprised cuz he was probably on his way to meet the TP.

As an aside, xh now knows about our new flat. If his father hadn't already told him. Cuz kid wrote about it in her card. Thoroughly thoroughly annoyed that he gets to be privy to so much about our lives.

Now I know not to let kid find out about things.

J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
It svcks that pple who destroy a family can get on so blithely with their lives while intentionally leaving in their wake a trail of destruction.

It makes me sick.

But life rolls on, with or without karma's help.

C
C
Oh karma will catch up. It always does, one way or another.

Glad to hear you are out having fun and meeting people. Let the tears out- best to rather than hold them in and let them sit stewing to be released at any unknown time.

@fogg, anything goes with us ladies. We talk heels, over the knee boots, Victoria secrets and our slumber parties

And FYI, grl- there's no such thing as your ass getting heavier, from my experience this is what guys always seem drawn to. And it's been the bain of my life most of the time.

I agree with making everything bright and love the sound of the kitchen. I threw up all kinds of photos I've took round the world to inspire me of what makes me happy and what makes me me.

And yes to the alter ego. I find when I let the sassy cherry out I feel way better about myself and h seems more curious. This used to be my personality, but I lost her gradually over the years. Now when she comes out to play, I hope she sticks around somewhat longer.

I MAY or MAY not have pulled out the cute lace VS nightdress last night. Just because I wanted to feel that bit sexier. And if h noticed, well that is just a big ol bonus

Me 26 H 25
M 4
T 5
Baby born 4/14
BD: 1/15
EA: 2/15
PA: 4/15
reconciling: 4/15
ILYBINILWY- 11/15
ILY-1/16
ILYBNILWY 4/16
ILY 6/16
ILYBINILWY 6/16
Baby due 3/17
BD 8/16
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I will be popping by over your thread soon to find out the aftermath of your VS nightie. wink

Re the moodboards, I have rediscovered pin interest and have been crazy pinning pics of interior design that I like and of recipes. I am a terrible cook but pinning all those delicious looking meals just make me so happy.

And I promise myself I am going to get a pair of taupe/nude heels soon. I just love how they lengthen my legs!

I lost my alter ego and my true self over the years of the M. The xh and his family were looking for someone who was a stepford wife in the home and a ball-busting asskicking carcass stepping bring in the dough career woman.

I was good at neither. I was good at what I do but the time I spent on the home meant that I declined a lot of opportunities to climb the ladder. Conversely the time I spent at work meant that I couldn't be a june cleaver/ stepford wife.

And it seems that the guys I have been meeting have certain expectations as well, expectations that seem to run similar to xh's.

Me? I just need a nice simple guy who understands what commitment is about and who is willing to put in some elbow grease to make things work. Seems like I am lookimg for a unicorn.

To tell the truth, I am a little bit of dory, a little bit of katniss. The proportion of which changes according to how the wind blows.

Well, well... I would have to find a nunnery soon if this continues.

G
G
"Me? I just need a nice simple guy who understands what commitment is about and who is willing to put in some elbow grease to make things work. Seems like I am lookimg for a unicorn."

Exactly what I am looking for myself. I am going to try to keep believing unicorns are real.

My ex also expected me to be June Cleaver and bring in the dough. I did try to balance both. Couldn't be perfect at both, it's just not possible. I worked full time nights, did the best I could for our house and him during the day, but for some, it's simply never good enough. I got tired and resentful. And they are simply unrealistic expectations. Stay true who you are, and know who you are is enough:)

C
C
I think this is what all men seem to crave, I think my h also wanted a lion in the bedroom.. I think I did okay ish at ticking boxes.. But the million things he wants in a woman might be asking for the stars..

Well you saw what drama unfolded with the vs nightie. And I was actually resisting and pushing him away.. Seems he enjoyed the challenge..

Pinterest is great, I find all kind of ideas, both home fashion and travel. I need to start acting on more of these to help me feel better. And yes to the nude shoes, I have both flat and heeled Valentino rockstuds in nude and I just love them

Me 26 H 25
M 4
T 5
Baby born 4/14
BD: 1/15
EA: 2/15
PA: 4/15
reconciling: 4/15
ILYBINILWY- 11/15
ILY-1/16
ILYBNILWY 4/16
ILY 6/16
ILYBINILWY 6/16
Baby due 3/17
BD 8/16
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: Ginger1

I got tired and resentful. And they are simply unrealistic expectations. Stay true who you are, and know who you are is enough:)

Thanks, Ginger!

Every day, I tell myself I am enough. And mentally hum Christina Aguilera's Beautiful.

That was exactly how I felt. And the irony was that I was almost a WAW just b4 the BD.

Let's look for rainbow coloured poop and farts together! wink

J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hey Cherry,
Your VS nightie worked too well. But sorry to hear about the texts.

I have no doubt that you are one hot mama who can hold the domestic fort as well. I don't think OW can compare to you.

Take care of yourself sweetie, and keep doing things to keep yourself gorgeous on the inside and out.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard