Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
S
SH_ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I was challenged by my D17 to identify 3 things that I am grateful for when I get up in the morning, and when I lay down to sleep. She told me this will help me keep focused on what I have, and feel more joy.

This has become an important daily routine to fight the depression and anxiety that I experience due to my situation.

I wanted to start a thread, in hopes that others in these forums may find it helpful to share what they are thankful for. My hope is that as we share it will provide strength in the times that we may feel all is lost.

Please join me in sharing what you are grateful for today.

"It is impossible to feel grateful and depressed in the same moment." Naomi Williams

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
S
SH_ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Three things I am grateful for this evening as I sit here alone.

I am thankful for all of those on these forums that lend support to others, to share idea's and advice that has helped them through.

I am thankful, that we have a place to share our sadness, anger, fear, and emotional turmoil, with out being judged here on these forums.

I am thankful to know that there is a higher power in each of us, that will help us move through these challenging time if we put in the work, and learn from our errors, so we may be a better person, parent, and future partner.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
V
V
Ill give it a try,

I am thankful for two boys that look up to me with love in there hearts

I am thankful for my great job that allows me the means to roof and feed said two boys

I am thankful also for this forum as i would not like to see where I would be right now if I was not led here in one of my darkest times.

Me late 30's
W mid 30's
T 15, M 10
S4, S7
ILYBNILWY June 2015
In house S July 2015
W rings off Oct 2015
My ring off Feb 2015
Separate houses June 2016
R
R
Three things (although there are many) that I am thankful for tonight.

1. This forum and the people on it. I have been blessed with this community, the advice, similar situations, and sometimes just a virtual shoulder to lean on.

2. My children. They have been my guardians through some of my most challenging times. I see love in them that is unconditional and pure. They have given me light in some of my darkest hours.

3. God and the life I was given. There were days when I felt I was symbolically perishing, but God has kept it at bay and given me the strength to desire to live symbolically.

Ralph88
Me 40s W 30s, D5 D3 , M7 T9
2013 B drop 1, EA found
2016 B drop 2, EA/PA?
2/16 Physical Seperation
2/16 I filed for D
4/16 PA Confirmed
P
P
Three things ungrateful for tonight:

1- I am grateful to still have two parents who love and support me, and who have been the main reason that I am still standing After my world came crashing down. They caught me.

2- I'm grateful for the supportive community that I have found here on this board.

3- I'm grateful that every single day the natural world offers me something wondrous to see and appreciate, if I only take the time to pay attention. Today even that silly robin pounding on my window all morning was a gift.

H: 44, Me: 45
Married: 20 y Together: 25 y
no kids
Walk away: 12/15
Asked for temp separation 12/25/15
PA confirmed 3/16 (apparently neither the first, nor the last PA he has had)
H filed for D 5/16
R
R
Wow for a 17 year old to know about this stuff be grateful for her

R 25 years
M 14 years
S11 & S13
Working on it alone since Oct 2014
M in trouble a lot earlier (~2 years)
Feb 2016. 1st R chat in a yr.
Next R chat Aug'17
Still together
R
R
You can develope this much further. I talked a bit about gratitude recently on my thread, but there is a mine of info on the net and you tube.

I only came across this dealing with my own situation recently and would not have expected a teenager to be aware of it.

Best wishes and thanks for sharing this with the community

R 25 years
M 14 years
S11 & S13
Working on it alone since Oct 2014
M in trouble a lot earlier (~2 years)
Feb 2016. 1st R chat in a yr.
Next R chat Aug'17
Still together
S
SH_ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
My d17 is a very special young lady, and I am so blessed to have had her sent to my family from God.

I am having a very difficult morning as the anxious/sad mind vacuum has grabbed a hold of me, so I am in need of focus on the things I am grateful for.

1. My D17, is without a doubt an angel sent to me so many years ago, so that I had the opportunity to raise and care for her. She has struggled with many challenges in her short life, but has matured and grown in wisdom beyond her years. And at this time the sweet spirit that she has, provides me with strength to get through these difficult moments. The smile of my d5 grants me joy, and the hug of my young baby girl grants me a renewed determination each time I hold her.

2. My parents raised me with love and the best knowledge that they could provide. In this difficult time for my family they have provided me with support and encouragement to carry on and care for my baby girls. They also help me remember that I still love my WAW and in spite of the pain being caused I mus thold onto the love and be strong to forgive her and myself for what is happening. For this I am ever grateful.

3. I am thankful for the the opportunity to humble myself and pray for strength, peace, forgiveness, and guidance to be a better man, father, and husband. I have made a great many mistakes in my life, but the knowledge that those mistakes do not define me. I can learn and make better decisions as I move forward on this path. I have learned the need to work hard every day to have love in my heart, forgiveness in my soul, and a desire to not simply to survive this challenge, but to thrive as I live day by day.

These are the things I am grateful for this morning and pray that they give me strength to over come this shadow of darkness this morning, that has filled my mind with.

I love my family, this I know.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

C
C
Here are mine:

1. I am grateful for my eleven year old son. We have shared so much joy together as he grows up to be a strong, confident young man.

2. I am grateful for my parents who sacrificed a lot in order to provide me a great education.

3. I am grateful for my education which allowed me to have a good career and provide a comfortable lifestyle to my family.

Me-LBH, 48
Spouse-WW, 48
Married for 19 years
Son, 12
BD #1 - November 1998 (EA 7 months after wedding)
BD #2 - November 2015 (same XBF EA)
WW filed D February 2016
WW moved out April 2016
W
WSB Offline
W
3 things I am grateful for

1. My 12 yr old Son, his toughness and determination are an inspiration to me

2. My D situation. Despite the pain and despair it has caused it has given me the opportunity for introspection and reflection a real chance to better myself and I plan on taking advantage of that.

3. My growing faith. During the M and for many years before I drifted from my faith. I began praying and attending church again. It has brought me some comfort and sense of belonging during these turbulent times.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard