Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
S
SH_ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
This morning I am grateful for,

Having had a good nights rest. It was a peaceful sleep and I awoke just before my alarm and was calm.

For the opportunity to go jogging this morning. The ability to do physical exercise is beneficial for the health of my body and mind.

For the strength of my D17. She has been courageous in these difficult times. She is vulnerable, but allows me to be there and help her. She is there providing encouragement and ideas in the moments that I am down. She is a blessing to me and my family.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
S
SH_ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I need to share some gratitude because I have had a good day.

I am so thankful for the example that d17 has set throughout this challenging family ordeal. She has pushed through and stayed focus forward. She has endured her challenges all while picking herself up and then looking to provide service to others.

I am thankful for the opportunity to pray. It has given me strength and hope. Prayers are also being answered as my d's are remaining strong in this time. My mother has gone through the first stages of treatment for cancer and the prognosis is promising, my brother has experienced great success in his new endeavors and I have had strength and calm to move forward in the face of adversity.

I am thankful to God, for my belief in him and the comfort that I receive when I stop blaming him, and start trusting that he will help me forward on the path that I am to follow.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
V
V
I am grateful Sadhub is here on the board.

I am grateful heating about his day.

I am grateful to learn about his D17.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

P
P
Great to read about your happiness and gratitude, SadHub. If it weren't for my kids I would've lost the plot a long time ago, lol. My children are very young but provide endless and unconditional love, they are my bright lights.

M 10yrs T 13yrs
BD #1Oct 2015-PA between WAH and COW
BD #2 April 2016-WH resumed PA, she broke it off
Jan 2 2017 WH says he wants divorce
April '17-Letting go
2018 D busted
DD8, DS6, DS3
P
P
-I am grateful for my father, and all the help he has given me with my many, many projects. Today he taught me how to troubleshoot a non-starting small engine, one of the many skills that I need to add to my repertoire.

-I am grateful that I can share my hopes and pain here as I journal, and that there are so many caring and supportive people here who understand what I am going through.

-I am grateful for my feline friends. They offer me distraction and affection in equal measure.

H: 44, Me: 45
Married: 20 y Together: 25 y
no kids
Walk away: 12/15
Asked for temp separation 12/25/15
PA confirmed 3/16 (apparently neither the first, nor the last PA he has had)
H filed for D 5/16
P
P
Another day another list of gratitude

-I am grateful for the beautiful flowers in the spring woodlands, with their wonderful names: bloodroot, Soloman's seal, squirrel corn, Dutchman's breeches, painted trillium, spring beauty, purple wake-robin, trout lily, Jack-in-the-pulpit, Mayapple... all lovely and dear.

- I am grateful that my hands are steadier than they have been in months.

- I am grateful for my mother. Every day she makes me laugh.

no kids
H filed for D 5/16
S
SH_ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
It has been a good week.

I am thankful that I have 2 wonderful daughters that bring me such joy. They provide me with opportunities to serve, love, cherish, smile and feel the most intense joy a father can have through the most simple acts and time together.

I am thankful I could watch my d17 graduate this week. While I would have desired much different circumstances, for my family, it was a joyous occasion that I was able to spend with both of my daughters. The pride and happiness I saw in my d17 was simply amazing.

I am thankful to God that my mother has recovered quickly from surgery just over 1 week ago. I pray that the news to come is positive and may require minimal non intrusive treatment that can restore her to a clean bill of health.

I thank God for guiding me to the tools, resources and people that have aided me in these challenging times for my family.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

S
SH_ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I am trying to find some emotions now, so I need to dig in and share some gratitude.

My mothers diagnosis for cancer continues to come back positive. I am thankful to God for answering my prayers, and I continue to pray as she takes the next step for treatment.

I am extremely thankful for my daughters. They have been the light in the dark mist that I have wandered through these past many months.

I am grateful for the good times and memories of times from my 19 years of marriage to my W. While the memories seem to be fading or seem to be re writing themselves in my mind, I know that I love her and desire to meet her again. She was always kind and loving to me and I recall not being worthy of her love on so many occasions. I am thankful that I can still feel this love for her. I only hope that it does not fade away, as it feels to be doing with each passing day.

I encourage all who read this to stop and be grateful for those things that get lost in the chaos of our lives and current situations. It will provide peace and comfort and strength to our souls.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

P
P
It's ok if you are numb, don't try to dig too hard. You have had a LOT of major life changes lately, both good and terrible, and you are probably overloaded emotionally. The mind has some sophisticated defense mechanisms to protect itself when things become too intense.

Don't force yourself to feel positive or negative things towards your WAW, if you are feeling nothing, it's okay. When your mind has decided you are less overwhelmed the emotions will flow again. Right now I wish I could borrow a little numbness, lol. I am doing poorly with detachment and the emotions are up and down by the hour.

M 10yrs T 13yrs
BD #1Oct 2015-PA between WAH and COW
BD #2 April 2016-WH resumed PA, she broke it off
Jan 2 2017 WH says he wants divorce
April '17-Letting go
2018 D busted
DD8, DS6, DS3
P
P
I'm falling down on the job on this front. Today:

- I am grateful to have a therapist that genuinely cares about me. He asked me to call him with an update today. I ended up leaving him a voicemail that said I was doing fine and that he didn't need to call me. I'd see him Tuesday. Well. He called me anyway just to be sure. Very nice.

-I'm grateful for new friends.

-I am grateful that I found SH, thew SparrowHawk SuperHero on these forums and that he has been there for me when I need support the most.

SH, after watching the Shawn Achor talk, I see why you started this thread. Time to get back not he gratitude wagon my friend. smile

no kids
H filed for D 5/16
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard