Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
S
SH_ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks Blu for the feedback. It is a confidence booster today.
And I love that you "cheated". The more things that we can thankful for the better we will feel.

So I need to list a few today as it has been a bit of a tough one for me.

1. I am thankful that I will get the next 2 days with d5. This was the longest stretch of not seeing her and I miss her terribly. Tonight will be a good night.
2. I am thankful for a job that I can do that provides the income needed to care for my daughters.
3. I am thankful for the many kind people both here in my community and on this forum that share concern for me and my family.

I am thankful to be alive this day to go through the trials that I am going through and the knowledge that I can choose to be stronger for it.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
M
M
Great thread idea.
I am thankful for my children's health.
I am thankful for my health and my W's health.
I am thankful for my job
I am thankful that my W chose to seperate from me because I was truly not in a good place and not the man I wanted to be
I am thankful that I chose God to help me through this and not alcohol
I am thankful for this online community without which I would have destroyed my M and myself a long time ago

M:37 W:38
D:11,S:7,S:4
T:8, M:5
S:6/1/15 different beds
Physical Seperation 7/5/16
Startof NC 7/22/16
P
P
Tonight's gratitude list:

1 - I am grateful for pencil smile jokes.

2- I am grateful for the roof over my head. It's been rainy and cold the last couple days, and I've spent enough days in cold rain outdoors to appreciate that being somewhere warm and dry has distinct advantages.

3 - I am grateful for the people who have started buying fresh eggs from my little roadside honor box. I'm proud of my birds, and glad that people value humane treatment of animals by supporting small scale flocks like mine. It's almost silly how happy I get whenever I need to restock the box.

H: 44, Me: 45
Married: 20 y Together: 25 y
no kids
Walk away: 12/15
Asked for temp separation 12/25/15
PA confirmed 3/16 (apparently neither the first, nor the last PA he has had)
H filed for D 5/16
S
SH_ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Today I am thankful for d17. She is so strong in spite of the chaos that our family is experiencing. She provides genuine support, words of wisdom and an innocent childlike demeanor with her little sister. I noticed today that D5 gets lost in the chaos, but d17 always noticed and ensures to engage her and have fun.

I am grateful for my youngest brother. While he makes the trek from Alaska to Florida for a change in jobs, he continues to check in on me and share support.

I am thankful to my closest friend who has been there for me since we were teenagers. He has been there to share words of advice, lend an ear, and sometimes kick my butt and ensure I stay on track and focused.

And I say it each time, but the support, kindness, advice, and genuine concern from folks on this forum has been huge in getting me through some tough days. It is crazy to think strangers from many corners of this planet going through some very challenging times, would spend the time to reach out and offer words of kindness and peace. For this I am truly grateful each day that I have been here. Thank you to each of you.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself. ~James Howlett aka Wolverine
P
P
Today,

- I am grateful for my mom, who has been there for me so many times in the last few months.

-I am grateful that I have a place to sleep that's not my actual house. This silly little commute I do gives me an excuse to spend time with my parents every single day, either over breakfast or some evening activity, rather than isolate myself. Isolation was my initial instinct when H left, and I think I might have really crashed had I continued on that path.

- I am grateful for the times when I can forget about my whole M and just enjoy the moment.

no kids
H filed for D 5/16
S
SH_ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
As I lie here not feeling well, I caught a sick bug, I wanted to share some gratitude.

I am thankful for my health. It is rare that I get sick and so when I don't feel well I like to give thanks for being healthy.

I am thankful for my parents. The support and sacrifices they have made for me over the years. As my mother begins her fight with breast cancer, I share thanks for all that she has done for me.

I am thankful for my d's. They both share unconditional love and have been so strong through the challenges of the past few months. They give me strength to keep pushing on and I love them both dearly.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

B
B
Originally Posted By: SadHub
As I lie here not feeling well, I caught a sick bug, I wanted to share some gratitude.

I am thankful for my health. It is rare that I get sick and so when I don't feel well I like to give thanks for being healthy.

I am thankful for my parents. The support and sacrifices they have made for me over the years. As my mother begins her fight with breast cancer, I share thanks for all that she has done for me.

I am thankful for my d's. They both share unconditional love and have been so strong through the challenges of the past few months. They give me strength to keep pushing on and I love them both dearly.

I love this! Such wise words!!!

“Forgiveness liberates the soul. It removes fear. That is why it is such a powerful weapon.” – Nelson Mandela
P
P
Lovely, SadHub.

Tonight:

-I am grateful for my wonderful, goofy chickens and the food they give me. They have kept me in high quality protein since my world fell down, and I'd be in much worse shape without their silly antics and their beautiful eggs. Scrambled, Fried, boiled, egg salad, pickled... they are a gift every single day.

- I am grateful that I found my grief counselor. She has given me so much of herself and her time, and her assurances that I am not broken and that I really am doing a lot to help myself do help.

- I am grateful for this group and the wonderful people here whose kind words help keep me afloat on my hardest days.

no kids
H filed for D 5/16
S
SH_ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
On this Mothers Day.....

I am truly greatful to the wonderful woman that brought me into this world and raised me with all of the love, care and wisdom that she could provide. Her example of endurance and commitment have shaped much of who and what I am today.

I am thankful for the love of my mother that she has provided to me unconditionally no matter the decisions and actions that I have taken in life. She provided me the space to make mistakes. She provided the space for me to come to her and ask for forgiveness when I needed to. She provided me the wisdom that a mothers intuition can create. She provides me with inspiration through the actions she takes in difficult times.

I am grateful that my mother showed me the importance of a MR, and endured challenging times, because as she said, a H and W will have difficult times, but they must endure through communication, actions of love and most importantly forgiveness.

I could go on and on for the things I am grateful for from my Mother, but I want to ask God that he watch over her at this time as she embarks on a battle with cancer. I pray that I may have more time to see her and experience time in her presence. I pray that she can remain with my dear father that she has enjoyed so many years with.
I accept Gods will, but pray that he may provide me some peace and not have to go through more pain at this time. Enduring the falling apart of my family and this type of loss may be more than I can endure at one time.

But I do want to accept Gods will, as his knowledge of the path I am to follow and learn from is greater than mine. I just ask for the strength to take the steps forward.

Me 46 Former W 46
D19 D7
BD Feb 2016
WAW moves out 4/16/16
D final 6/1/2017

P
P
Today:

- I am grateful for scarlet tanangers, the beautiful red sparks in the forest.

-I am grateful for the generations of people who have built and maintained trails so that people like me have the opportunity to walk in peaceful places and immerse ourselves in the beauty of the natural world.

- I am grateful for friendship.

no kids
H filed for D 5/16
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard