Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
J
Jb9140 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Day 19 - NC

I miss my Family - last couple of days have been hard to detach, I'm not sure whats triggered this. Maybe it because I've been reading so much on this forum, and just need a break from it. I really wish there was a fast forward button, like the one in the movie "Remote Control".

I don't get the kids back til Thursday. Plan on going to church tonight for some spiritual comfort.

Thinking about asking a couple girls I know if they want to head to the beach this weekend. We are good friends, but for some reason I feel guilty being around just girls.

I hear people saying to move forward, but not necessarily on.
but i feel like my life is on hold still. Man it's barely a month since separation, how are some of you still hanging in there at a year or 2?

Well I guess I'm just rambling now. til next time

Me-LBH, 44
Spouse-WAW, 41
Married for 9 years
S, 7 S, 5
BD - November 20th 2015
S
S
Quote:
"What if she thinks I'm being a jerk, What if she thinks I don't care, Etc......." ,

That s a trap you set for yourself. What doesn't work, is for you to worry that she will think you don't care, b/c that type of thinking prevents you from acting like the strong, independent man that you need to be right now.......and she needs to see.

What does works with a WW, is for her to be concerned that you don't care. I have found that most H's think completely opposite of the WW mindset.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
J
Jb9140 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Day 20 NC

Sandi - Thanks for being gentle w\ the 2x4!!!

Me-LBH, 44
Spouse-WAW, 41
Married for 9 years
S, 7 S, 5
BD - November 20th 2015
E
E
hang in there man. i've been doing the separation thing for well over a year. it's not easy, but it does get better. i know where you are at. i've been there. Take a deep breath, and relax. sometimes you just need to get all of this out of your head for a few hours or a few days.

i would be careful about hanging out with female friends..... that's just me though.

just be yourself, find yourself. and the rest will start falling into place.

R
R
I am 6 months in with no contact with my husband. Picks up my daughter does not even make eye contact.

Me 46
H. 48
M 28 T 30
Bd 6/11/15
Sep 10/27/15
J
Jb9140 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Day 24 NC (phone, text, email, social media, Sunday drop off is unavoidable)

I'm not feeling it today. Wife dropped off kids this morning. Very quite, cold like before. Last interaction was a little more pleasant. I jay don't understand this person, and probably good I don't. I don't want to be up in her head. I I seriously can't see this turning around. I know detach.

Me-LBH, 44
Spouse-WAW, 41
Married for 9 years
S, 7 S, 5
BD - November 20th 2015
S
S
The WW operates from her emotions. If she's having a great day and getting her emotional needs filled (especially her ego food)then she's going to act excited, bubbly, nice, etc. However, if things are not going like she expected, then her mood probably won't be too pleasant. It doesn't mean it's about you. Remember, all her focus is on herself and what she wants in the moment.

You are doing great. Keep it up.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
J
Jb9140 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: sandi2
The WW operates from her emotions. If she's having a great day and getting her emotional needs filled (especially her ego food)then she's going to act excited, bubbly, nice, etc. However, if things are not going like she expected, then her mood probably won't be too pleasant. It doesn't mean it's about you. Remember, all her focus is on herself and what she wants in the moment.

You are doing great. Keep it up.

As always, thanks for the encourage. I don't plan on doing anything for my wife, but in case I forget. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY😊

Me-LBH, 44
Spouse-WAW, 41
Married for 9 years
S, 7 S, 5
BD - November 20th 2015
J
Jb9140 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Day 25 NC (phone, text, email, social media, Sunday drop off is unavoidable)

Really struggling lately. Sometimes I just wish I had concrete proof that my wife was seeing someone. I Know it doesn't completely matter because my wife has shown all the characteristics of a WW. to a tee.

I've also got two woman that are trying to get together with me and I know that definitely is not the solution, but I'm not going to lie, I truly miss someone showing affection. even just a hug or kiss.

I know there's know magic bullet, but i sure wish there was.
Oh well, back to work, just wanted to vent.

Me-LBH, 44
Spouse-WAW, 41
Married for 9 years
S, 7 S, 5
BD - November 20th 2015
J
Jb9140 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Day 26 NC (phone, text, email, social media, Sunday drop off is unavoidable)

I'm really struggling with the Mother Day thing. My wife has the kids on Friday and Saturday, I've got them Sunday.

Should I ask my wife if she would like to swap Saturday and Sunday this weekend, so she can spend the day with our boys on Mother's Day.

If she asked I don't think I would mind. But something tells me I should offer her this.

Swing away with the 2x4's

Me-LBH, 44
Spouse-WAW, 41
Married for 9 years
S, 7 S, 5
BD - November 20th 2015
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard