Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
R
R
Hi Mia, I think the first meeting for mediation is free and you don't do it together! I'm from the UK. To protect myself financially I'm gonna to have to go for legal separation. If you have time go and see a solicitor to see where you stand! I'm not even pretty sure myself.

job Offline
Mia,
Your h looked sad hoping that you would feel bad about your decision and that you would change your mind. Maybe he was really sad, but he has to learn to "share" in the visitation and be aware that both of you have certain weekends w/the children.

I also agree w/Rouky...do not agree to or sign anything w/o having a solicitor and/or lawyer review the documents.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
M
Mia2003 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I don't feel bad as such.....I feel sad that we are in this position...but he did this. I may have done things in the marriage but at the end of the day he was the one who stopped seeing friends and doing thins. When I look back I feel he relied on me for too much of his needs rather than taking responsibility himself. That's too much for one person. But instead of talking to me and doing things he did what he did. I can't imagine him and her are as exciting either to be honest . At the end of the day with relationships I guess it will always turn into 'same old' but it's how you deal with that that matters.

job Offline
Mia,
You are very wise and those are very wise words, i.e., "same old, but it's how you deal with that that matters".

Stay strong and calm. You've got this!

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
M
Mia2003 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks am waiting for what he'll do next. Need to sort out mediation for finances over the holidays....need to ensure me and kids are good.

Again what an idiot he is. First time I think I've said no to him in all this. Scared stuff

R
R
I was like you scared when I first say no as I was so used of not standing my ground in fear that he'd leave me. Now that is done, I can tell you it's liberating to say no when you don't want to do something!

M
Mia2003 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
The kids were talking about ow last night. They seem to be accepting her. I suppose that was inevitable now he's living with her.
Did hurt though. My youngest asked me what I thought and I have to admit I did say calmly but with a smile, she is nothing to do with me and she never will be but its good you feel more comfortable with her. Hope that was the right thing to say.

M
Mia2003 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
My counsellor said he's in limerance. Has anyone ever heard of this?

C
C
"the state of being infatuated or obsessed with another person, typically experienced involuntarily and characterized by a strong desire for reciprocation of one's feelings but not primarily for a sexual relationship."

Had to copy and paste from an dictionary site. I think my H was in that state for awhile, too. Good word to know.

Remember, as hard as it is having an ow to deal with, she is not the problem in your R and often proves to be temporary. Limerance seems to be one of those states that, due to the intensity, burns out quickly. Like teenaged infatuation with a pop star.

M-51 H-54
2D-27 and 25
M-26 yrs
Bombshell and IHS 7-29-15
He moved out 10-3-15
D filed 1-27-16
D final 10-27-16

Kindness, kindness, kindness.
job Offline
Yes, I've heard of it and the description that ciluzen provided describes it to a tee. It will take a while for that infatuation to burn out and it needs to die a natural death.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard