Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
job Offline
I'm so sorry that you received the papers in the mail. What a coward to do it this way. Definitely see a lawyer and fight for what your kids are entitled to. Make sure you also are taken care of in the process. This would be a good time to nail down a formal custody/visitation schedule as well.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
H
H
I am sorry Tfish. Thinking of you. Take care of you and your kids.

Me 41, H 47, M 15 yrs, S11, S13
BD 1: 11/4/14 we work on it; really I pretzel myself
BD 2: 3/31/15 H goes down to "dorm room"
8/15: H back to MBR
10/15: H back in dorm room
1/18: H files, now divorced
T
tfish08 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I maybe in shock but i am feeling relief. He posted some cruddy things on FB about needing to be happy and how abused he feels...etc etc...normally i wouldn't care i blocked him and his family for this reason but my S17 was asking me about it. I just told him dad is having mental flare ups and he knows enough to know it isn't true...that he knows dad loves them and that is all that matters. As for H i texted twice about an appt change this week and all i get cricketts

T
tfish08 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Quick update: H wants me to waive service..sign the decree that cuts child support by half. Has me picking the boys up. Oh and has me agreeing to stay in this county and only this county until he moves. Ummmm nope. So I countered asking for a full account of income. Some mandatory parenting classes. I am also asking the judge to order him not to have his guns around the boys. I was also told since he so nicely keeps displaying all the rifles he bought while i was struggling to pay the rent and all, I could ask for them in the divorce. Wouldn't that just boil him over

T
tfish08 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
well. i am officially divorced as of today. kiddo ships off for bootcamp on sunday. Many changes. ExH was set on the divorce from the beginning. I feel ok. I truly gave it my all. Weird thing is now he is visiting more. He invited me and the boys to a movie on fri..nuts i tell you

T
tfish08 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
update: kiddo graduated boot camp smile He was home for 10days and is now back in Cali. ExH and I drove down together. We stayed together went everywhere together...can you say Awkward? The trip went well.

I must note he said he was quitting school and that I had obligated him to go to school. When BD happened I begged him to work he had a career. That him going to school would throw off our original plans. Nope he said it was his life dream to be a pilot and he was going to school.

It is nice to see I am still to blame for all under the sky...
but this takes the cake..i made this grown man go to school..man I am such a bully.

Then Sat he told me he needed to swap out weekend so he can go on a date..mind you..his child support is behind but he can afford to date.

This man is still cuckoo for coco puff

As for me...I am enrolled in school. I am not ready to date.I am content with fixing me and bettering me. My kiddo S8 is suffering from anxiety and I am actively trying to get him help and support.

P
P
Hi tfish,
Glad to hear the update. I must have missed your last post... Wow your d was finalized quick!
Sounds like your ex is still in his entitlement phase. How exhausting! As for you, you sound good. It's great that you get to focus on school and the betterment of yourself. s8 is lucky to have you looking after him.

Take care.

Me- 30's H- 40's
T-10 M-5
I moved out b/c he wanted space- June 15
D filed by H: September 16
P
P
you sound good--good luck in school

glad the trip went well

hoping your son finds peace and he is lucky to have such caring mom

married 14 years
H 42