Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
-
-
I bought several of the adult coloring books,but they just sit there. I just either never think about them, or don't feel like coloring. Either way, I've had them for months an only colored 1/2 of a picture. Guess they're not helping that way!

M:45 H:48
M:11
No kids
BD:Sept'15
EA:Confirmed 1wk later
PA: Oct'15
12 '15 2 wk R
Just kidding, H wants NC
12 '15 H back w/OW
4 '15 R &still working on it
A
A
MB...what other hobbies/crafts/etc do you enjoy doing? Coloring is supposed to be good for anxiety because it's a rhythmic process like knitting... something repetitive that you can zone out and meditate to. But I'm sure there are plenty of other activities that could serve similar purposes. Anything that distracts and gives your mind a break from obsessive thoughts is good. Neuro research suggests that spending a little time each day engaging in an activity like coloring (or whatever) actually changes the way your amygdala processes emotions and decreases anxiety overall... So not only do you get the benefit of distraction while you're actually engaged in the activity, but it's beneficial for reducing anxiety in the long term as well. Goodness knows we can all use some of that. wink

Me: 43, Him: 40
Married: 21 years

N
NYGal Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I hate Saturday nights. I imagine them together and it just kills me. It hurts so bad. Actual physical pain. I've experienced the death of parents, childhood friends, cancer, job loss. Nothing comes close to this. I live with such panic and dread. What if the A doesnt fizzle? What if they are falling deeply in love? Why can't this just END???????

11/4/15 W revealed EA/2 months later became PA with co-worker
Reconciling since late April 2016
Don't give up until it's time, then move on
Be patient, strong and kind but never a doormat
T
T
Statistics prove the chance of it becoming permanent are very slim. I believe the majority of affairs fail within 6 months.

Hang in there NY, I know it hurts. You're getting stronger, you just don't know it yet.

S
S
I agree with Thornton - most R's that start in this way, don't stay the course. Don't get too hung up on the timescale though. It may take considerably longer than six months for things to truly break down with the A. I wouldn't want you to be counting down the months and then being disappointed if the A continues.

I'm sorry that Saturday nights are tough. Your comments made me realise that most nights I don't even wonder what my H is up to - and I'm sure this will improve for you. Is there a nice plan that you could make for a Saturday night? Supper with your divorce group friends or similar?

Take care xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
N
NYGal Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I did have dinner with friends. It's afterwards. 9, 10, 11 p.m. And now, waking at 2 a.m. With awful anxiety. This is no way to live.
But I'm counting on this stupid A to fail. Sooner or later and hopefully sooner. It's doomed, it has to be. There are so many reasons why it can't last. Please god.

I
I
I'm finding this too NYGal. I do GAL activities but it's the rest of the time, and, as you say, waking up in the early hours. I keep having nightmares. We've just got to hang in there I suppose.

M-43 H-42
S-11 D-7
T-19 yrs
M-15 yrs
Bombshell 9/17/15
Sep - 11/9/15
N
NYGal Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hi inpain. I'm sorry you're up, too, but glad for the company. My night,ares happen awake, and I'm being dramatic. I have awful thoughts.

Today a DBer on Facebook said her kid asked her, " why do they say follow your dreams? What if your dreams are nightmares?" I thought that was so sad.

N
NYGal Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thornton, are you in Thornton? I think that every time I see your name.

J
J
Hi NYGal,
Sorry that you're awake.

I am having a tough time this weekends after being spewed at and being threatened with the cops.

Thinking too much about whether the A will fail or not takes time away from you becoming NYGal 2.0. You sound like you've come a long way.

P.S. I am.also rooting for your W's A to fail.

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard