Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
C
C
Yes - good!

Me-70, D37,S36
R
R
Just dropping by to say hi and that I hope everything is going alright for you. Best wishes

R 25 years
M 14 years
S11 & S13
Working on it alone since Oct 2014
M in trouble a lot earlier (~2 years)
Feb 2016. 1st R chat in a yr.
Next R chat Aug'17
Still together
V
V
Zephyr

Is everything ok?

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Z
Zephyr Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
sorry away for a while. crazy busy. some for me but mostly just stuff with kids schedules.

wife broke her arm so that has been a lot of it...she can't drive for instance.

I will be going out of town for the day for nephews graduation. very proud.

thanks for all your concern!

M - 40's
W - 30's
Two Sons
Living together
V
V
Are you off moderation yet?

V

V 64, WAW

Z
Zephyr Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
think so. lesson learned wink

M - 40's
W - 30's
Two Sons
Living together
Z
Zephyr Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Yesterday was my 18th Anniversary.

I figured low key, because well...that is what has been more positive than overt / romantic. I bought wife and I outdoor roller skate wheels (gave last week and we went to the skate park, yay...lots of fun). We just went out to a local place for dinner that we both like. I did bring home flowers (roses) and a card.

The card was a peanut butter and jelly, tongue in cheek style card. the sentiment I wrote basically said thank your for sharing in all of my adventures over the last year and how much I appreciated the time together, looking forward to tomorrow.

She was upset that she had not done anything. I told her I understood...she has just broken her arm last week so has not had a chance to do anything specific (can't drive). I know she was looking a couple of weeks ago for things.

Dinner was nice. we had a lot to talk about (not kids - trying to create regular time for who we are and not just as parents). got home and basically went to sleep. we had gotten up at 0400 so we were both exhausted (factor in a margarita or two smile ).

As for the broken arm. it is really making schedules warp all over the place. I have been a little over-stretched with extra driving and drop offs and the like. I am truly happy to help with this, I am just getting those feeling of being a Caretaker again...something I have worked very hard to avoid being.

She says all of the right things with appreciation and thanks and all of that...it just brings back some feelings of not being wanted over just being NEEDED. got me a little bit down is all. Just proves to me that I am not as whole as i'd like to be yet...takes me back to Lady V's encouragements keep looking back at that family history. I will, I promise!

ha, as I type this just got a FB post about how amazing I am, to all of her friends and family, that I should get some kind of award for being so awesome for all that I do and have done over the years.

I am awesome...this I know. smile

Thanks for letting me journal.

M - 40's
W - 30's
Two Sons
Living together
V
V
Detach sweetheart.

Gently does it.

V

V 64, WAW

R
R
Put yourself first......... at times. Don't be run ragged and resentful.Be busy and contented.

Best wishes mate. Another anniversary notched up. Congratulations.That is down to your efforts over the last few years. Believe it.

That message got to feel good. Appreciate the gest.

As for beating yourself up, you do that because you are on a path of self improvement.You are aware of your behaviours/thinking and you see where you can improve. That puts you ahead of the game.

R 25 years
M 14 years
S11 & S13
Working on it alone since Oct 2014
M in trouble a lot earlier (~2 years)
Feb 2016. 1st R chat in a yr.
Next R chat Aug'17
Still together
Z
Zephyr Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
thanks V. detach...it feels some months I am therr and then she gets sick or hurt or whatever and i get sucked back in.

am I just using her injury as an excuse to be that caretaker again. will have to see if there are things I don't have to be doing...think on this mark.

thank you roiste, i will keep a focus on me...it is difficult to not get ragged when there is so much to do. I have derby practice tonight then out for a beer with the guys after...last weekend I got home after midnight so was more tired still. I need to sort that out too...how to find time for all of that and still get all I need to do, done.

btw, joining a roller derby team has been so very awesome I cannot hardly believe it. I just hope my body does not betray me...I'm not getting any younger wink

M - 40's
W - 30's
Two Sons
Living together
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard