Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#2644320 01/18/16 11:39 AM
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V

Last edited by Cadet; 02/15/16 06:20 AM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

S
S
V,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Would it help if you shared what made him such a good friend with us? It won't take the hurt away, but it might mingle with some joy

Take as many virtual hugs from me as you like - I've got a ton to give and few people to give them to.

Me-38 W-38; T-15 M-12;
S10 and S6
BD - July 2016; EA confirmed; confronted Aug 2015
EA dissolved 12/2016

Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option - Maya Angelou
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Yes that would be lovely, I will take as many hugs as I can get Sci, just send them my way. I love hugs, and I just want you to have plenty of huggables in your life. Do you have a woofie or a BFT (big furry thing) that you can borrow? Do get one on loan.

---------------------

My friend

My friend was the best man with H2, and he warmly welcomed me into his family life and befriended me. He and his W managed to remain friends with H2 and I equally, and never judged H2 about his choices. He was madly in love with his W at all times, and would hold her hand for hours.

I needed some sales skills in my business and my friend pointed me to some great resources, introduced new clients and was so supportive.

I don't think I ever heard him say one judgemental word about anyone ever.

If he gave you his opinion it was always constructive and said with the best intentions, although sometimes quite quirky.

He was a great salesman but poor business man, with crazy crazy ideas that he got so enthusiastic about. Most of them failed but one day........

He was painfully thin, I think I have never seen anyone so tall and skinny. He was angular with sharp bones, his W and kids could only sit on his knee if there was a cushion. His socks always had big holes even the ones purchased yesterday.

He could make the room rock with laughter.

He smoked like a chimney and drank beer like it was going out of fashion, how did he stay so thin? I once saw him eat five bacon sandwiches with ketchup. There was never any food left over after any meal. He would always wash up, and had a disdain for dishwashers.

Above all WH disliked him but it never bothered my friend and his W, just never mind.

He was a gentleman with a mischievous mind. He loved games like monopoly, you know 'proper games'

He hated net curtains and soap operas on tv. He always lived near to the sea as he loved it so much.

He suffered with bottom burps which he thought were hilarious. My cats would sleep on their bed if they came to stay. Which was very bad indeed for bottom burping. Good job I live in the country.

Above all he always had time for a text or hi.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

R
R
Sounds like someone we all do with in our lives. Your very lucky to have had him in yours

More hugs. Rd. xx

G
G
Sorry to read you lost a friend. Those sort are hard to loose.

It's a hard job to offer someone help without being too critical and destructive in your observations. Your gunna miss him, sounds like his wife will be very lost too. Perhaps keep her close and you will both find some comfort.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
S
S
V,

Thank you for sharing, and my heart goes out to you.

Your friend sounded like a lovely man and more importantly a dear friend. One great thing about people that are truly good souls - they tend to stick with you long after they've passed. Embrace the pain, but allow him to revisit your thoughts when you need him to encourage or support you.

Me-38 W-38; T-15 M-12;
S10 and S6
BD - July 2016; EA confirmed; confronted Aug 2015
EA dissolved 12/2016

Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option - Maya Angelou
D
D
Sorry for your loss, V. Sounds like he was a truly lovely person who was very special. Hang in there, sweet lady.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
D
So sorry for you loss V.

(Hugs)

Di-mond in the rough
M-45 H-38
My children S-25 D-23
T 5 M 4
H left April Fools Day 2015

One day at a time!
P
P
Hello gorgeous V,

As the years go by and I and I look back into the road I have walked, I can see that death is another stage in this life.

It's more like a celebration of the time we are here among friends, families, and even the ones that do not like or treat us well.

Being away from all my family and friends from Brasil, made me see death as a way to remember all the good that was left. The bad washes away and we cheer for the things that touched our heart.

I know its one way of looking at something so devastating, but it is the eyes of the heart that can see at the time we just have the fog of grief.

Just let your heart see the beauty and embrace the feeling that your friend went on a trip, a better place, maybe the piece that we all want so much.

Lots of love to your V.

Pink

Pink17
S22,19 and 16
D:8/5/2015

M
M
Vanilla, I am very sorry to read about your friends passing.

“Character is destiny” Heraclitus
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard