Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2641094 01/10/16 09:00 AM
T
tfish08 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
If a vet can help bring me some clarity ..please..
Is ptsd and midlife crisis a similar occurrence? I have no clue what the H truly has not that it makes a difference in the treatment ..I think. He has not been diagnosed with ptsd as he is very astute and was taught how to answer the correct way. He will not lose his guns and if he is declared with it...he probably will have to. He is not a danger to himself or others. I bear the brunt of his anger. All I hear from him ...is ..I deserve to be happy! Either way breaks my heart

job Offline
I've been thinking about your question, i.e., ptsd and midlife crisis a similar occurrence. In some ways yes and other ways no. MLC is about them going way, way back in time and reliving their childhoods. It's a place where they were emotionally stunted and they have to face those issues, accept the things that they can and realize as children, they were not the cause of whatever the authority figure did or didn't do to them. If they can heal themselves, they should come out better people.

Many of the symptoms are the same in both situations. Was/is your h a veteran or someone who has had to deal w/a severe trauma? Have you spoken to a professional about his ptsd? If not, I am going to suggest that you learn all you can about it because some of the symptoms are very different from MLC.

As for the guns, you can't assume anything when it comes to being a danger to himself or anyone else. If they get angry enough, they'll snap and do whatever they have to do to find some peace.

The "I deserve to be happy"! sounds like MLC script...but keep in mind, he could have both issues going on at the same time and it would be difficult for us to decide what is MLC and what is ptsd. We are not professionals here and can only offer up support and advise you to seek some counseling for yourself at this time. Me? I would be concerned about him having access to guns. Don't ever assume anything w/a person in crisis.

Please take care of yourself and if you are around him when he's angry, don't engage, say "I'm sorry you feel that way" and walk away. You do not want to give him any additional fuel for that fire that is burning in his soul.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job Offline
I would also suggest that you locate a support group that specializes in ptsd. It might be helpful to have a real group of people to talk to and bounce things off of in this area.

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
T
tfish08 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I am on a few sites. It is a bit depressing. My therapist believes he is going through both. He is frantically asking for the birth certificates and ssn. I have no clue what is going through his mind. My S6 had a fever and I took him into urgent care last night called H 4x and no answer until 7 am ...well he was fine yesterday and I am on my way to school...He has no feeling. I was told that since they had that wartime high that the rest of their life seems boring and they always chase the high. I think that is why he is in pilot school now...trying to get that adrenaline rush.
I am concerned about the guns but he has essentially axed me from his life. I feel like I never existed in it...other than to have his boys. He deflects all those issues on me.
My therapist is upset that he is not in any sort of treatment but in his mind I am the problem, which I guess it is why he needs that divorce so rapidly.

T
tfish08 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thank you for the advice on the support group..i will look into an inperson one as I already belong to a few only. Both scripts are very similar

K
kml Offline
K
Give him the social security numbers - they will be needed for taxes.

Give him a xerox copy only of the birth certificates. If he needs originals he can order them. The only things I can think of that he might need the originals for are for school registration or passports.

Also - do you have any concerns that he might want to take them out of the country? I believe the passport office now requires both parents signatures on a passport but I also think there might be some kind of alert that you can put on their names to show that you don't give permission for them to get a passport.

T
tfish08 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
took pictures of everything and sent it. If he needs originals ..he can figure it out. I think he is trying to get a pell grant but does not want me to ask for any of it. sad how they are so quick to lose all faith in us. I know it is for his schooling ...I do not want his damn money other than what is right. oh well S6 is still ill fever and tummy bug..lack of sleep does not help my pma

/I did let him know that I understand he feels he needs the D but I disagree with it

T
tfish08 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
so I just got an email/ he is getting life ins.

job Offline
That could explain the need for the SSNs and the birth certificates. At least he told you. That's more than most of us get in the way of an explanation.

T
tfish08 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
no lol I got an email from the bank letting me know. He is not sharing anything with me. I guess he is facing his mortality

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard