Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
B
beckyb Offline OP
OP Offline
B
It really does stink. This week I'm going back to some basic goals. Journal every night, including listing 3 gifts or blessings. Get exercise and cut back on processed food. I think all the crappy carbs I've been eating are also affecting me. Fake it til you make it!

Last edited by beckyb; 11/29/15 02:19 PM.

Me53
H48
M 13
No children together
BDMay '15
PA June '15
H moves out,files 8/15 wants "quick divorce" but does nothing
Me sending proposal 12/15, court dates upcoming
G
G
Beck, I ate 4 milano cookies for lunch today. You are not alone with the carbs situation. I was doing so well until Halloween.

B
beckyb Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I love Milanos.

Me53
H48
M 13
No children together
BDMay '15
PA June '15
E
E
Lets not even talk about all the southern food I ate this weekend!

Question - what are the thoughts on buying S/STBXS Christmas presents? I will buy STBXH a gift from s4 but not from me. I want to buy for MIL, FIL, BIL & SIL but I am not sure I should? Maybe just have them be from S4??

Me:33 H:36
T:13 years
M:10 years
S4
Separated 05/15
H Filed 06/15
B
beckyb Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Your H no longer wants you for his wife. That means no gift for him.

Are you spending time with inlaws? Do you usually buy them gifts? If you still have a relationship with them then I think it's ok.

Me53
H48
M 13
No children together
BDMay '15
PA June '15
E
E
Becky - thanks. I agree, no gift for the H. BIL moved away in August and isn't coming home for the holidays so I would mail his package. I probably won't be invited over for Christmas but I do have lunch with SIL and go to church with MiL and FIL without H. He never wanted to go to service but we do. I do still have some sort of relationship with them.

Me:33 H:36
T:13 years
M:10 years
S4
Separated 05/15
H Filed 06/15
-
-
yea, I wished I had listened to others when they said no gifts for H, but I didn't. I do regret that I got him anything for his bday. It was about a month after BD and I guess I just couldn't imagine NOT getting him something. Well, I can now! I got him something for Christmas before all of this happened and just had it put up. He will NOT be getting it! I sit around lonely and hurting for him to come back to me while he's off comforting another woman without any reguard to me. I still miss him...but pretty sure I'm heading toward the anger stage now.

M:45 H:48
M:11
No kids
BD:Sept'15
EA:Confirmed 1wk later
PA: Oct'15
12 '15 2 wk R
Just kidding, H wants NC
12 '15 H back w/OW
4 '15 R &still working on it
K
K
Lol I'm still with my w and she's not getting anything. I've given her gifts for years and I never received sh!t from her. She gave me the big fu this year and well... sadly no spirit for me. I hate she took it from me...

J
J
MB,
I got a bday gift for the STBX (at that time) and offered to spend his bday with kid and him. The assh@)÷× that he was, he bumped us off when we couldn't fit into his and the TP'S schedule. He promised to call kid later in the day but he was probably too busy with the TP and forgot about his promise.

Fast forward a few months later to my bday. Kid had an impt event on that day and first the X said he would reschedule his activities. By this time, I was smart enough not to tell kid anything so that she wouldn't be disappointed. X called last minute to say that he had work. I found out later that he wasnt where he was supposed to be. The next day, kid and I met him and the TP in his car.

Poor kid is scarred for life. Kid calls the TP a baitch - courtesy of my mum, not me.

Anyways, back to how I am going to spend the hols. Will be spending Christmas with my family. No gifts for the X. But I will still be giving my (X?) niece and nephew gifts.

Was debating if I should put up a Christmas tree. Will have to clear a space in my apartment for a small one.

I wish I could sleep and wake up when kid is all grown up and has her own family and I am surrounded by my grandchildren...

Last edited by Grlonfr; 12/01/15 04:04 AM.

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
J
J
Am thinking of getting a gift for the XILs cos XFIL had always been very generous with us and kid. Prob an album of kid's pics.

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard